[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2011 MVP?

tazinib1

Brady finished the 2010-11 campaign with 3,900 yards, 36 passing touchdowns, a remarkably-low four interceptions and a 111.0 QB rating.

Even though they got bounced from the playoffs, I digress that Brady wins the award again this year. Thoughts? Somebody tell me there is somebody else out there that could snatch it from him?

I know the playoffs are not suppose to be considered when casting ballots, but don't let that fool you. Remember Kurt Warner? That being said, can Aaron Rodgers gain enough steam to steal the award?

No, it's a regular season award that basically requires you make the playoffs to be in the running. Brady fits the bill with a dominant season and a 14-2 record.

Rodgers is also surrounded by a top defense, DPoY candidate Clay Matthews, last year's DPoY Woodson, and a new-found running game. Yes, Rodgers is on fire but the MVP belongs to Brady.

The bigger questions is do they give the Defensive player of the year award to Mr Roid.

Mr Roids Stats - 54 tackles, 16.5 TFL, 5 assist, 0 FF, 2 FR, 1 INT, and 13.5 sacks

Demarcus Ware - 56 tackles, 22 TFL, 10 assists, 2 FF, 2 FR, 0 INT, 15.5 sacks

Ware didnt have his best year at all, but he was superior in every category to Mr Roid than FR, which they each had 2 and 1 INT, which was as we recall against Dallas in a blowout with our backup QB, and the ball was batted up in the air, and Mr Roid came away with it.

Now Im not saying Ware deserves the award, but how can you give it to Matthews when there is someone else more disruptive and made more plays than he did.

Edited by Living the Dream

The bigger questions is do they give the Defensive player of the year award to Mr Roid.

Mr Roids Stats - 54 tackles, 16.5 TFL, 5 assist, 0 FF, 2 FR, 1 INT, and 13.5 sacks

Ware didnt have his best year at all, but he was superior in every category to Mr Roid than FR, which they each had 2 and 1 INT, which was as we recall against Dallas in a blowout with our backup QB, and the ball was batted up in the air, and Mr Roid came away with it.

Now Im not saying Ware deserves the award, but how can you give it to Matthews when there is someone else more disruptive and made more plays than he did.

Because these awards are heavily weighted towards winners. Matthews is one this year, Ware is not.

Because these awards are heavily weighted towards winners. Matthews is one this year, Ware is not.

Then it should go to James Harrison or Terrell Suggs who won more games this season than Green Bay. Again a regular season award.

Now there is no way Harrison is getting it with all those fines. But Suggs was a beast this year as well, and deserves it before him.

Brady.

To do what he did with what he had - 2 rookie TEs, a good slot receiver, no wide outs to speak of, and a couple of fairly pedestrian RBs - is pretty remarkable.

Edited by Furd

Then it should go to James Harrison or Terrell Suggs who won more games this season than Green Bay. Again a regular season award.

Now there is no way Harrison is getting it with all those fines. But Suggs was a beast this year as well, and deserves it before him.

Weighted, but not strictly.

The Steeler who will be considered is Troy Polamalu. He made some game-changing plays. Unfortunately, he missed some games this year, which will likely hurt his chances.

Be careful...... PirateNinja will be all over this one!

Well nobody has made a case for Rodgers and that's what I wanted. So I will. Just look what he did for a team with the most injuries in the NFL. Lost his starting All World TE to boot. While Brady has the sick TD/INT ratio, did he win games like Rodgers? I don't think so and its not even close. But people only look at numbers and thats too bad. Rodgers is the MVP...Brady is the OPOTY but they will get it backwards.

Alot of Packer fans are very sensitive and see everything in green colored glasses. If Rodgers and Mr Roid played for Dallas, Id be saying Rodgers isnt elite yet, and Mr Roid though good, is a roid head. I dont dislike the Packers at all, I just think their fans are as over the top as Cowboy fans, and most Packer fans, dont see themselves that way, which is funny as hell to me. And now I root against them just because of it. But at the end of the day, if Dallas isnt playing, I dont have a real interest who wins.

BTW, Take Barry Bonds for example. he never tested positive for anything, but is anyone saying his big ass melon grew that way naturally over the years. I dont need a test to know he was juicing. And the same thing goes for Matthews. if you think he has always been clean you are nuts.

i think a case could be made for brady, manning, brees, and rodgers. the latter three had very little run support. nep weren't dominant but at least had a few guys to rely upon.

:wacko:

Cases could also be made for J.Charles, M.Vick and M.Ryan.

My point for Rodgers, who as you stated, did not have the run support Brady had with the Pats, could and should have won 2 more games if he were not hurt. So the argument that they limped into the playoffs holds no merit. A loss to Detroit? Really? With a healthy Rodgers? Please...and again against a beatable Patriots he was not on the field. Rodgers did more with less around him and DID get them into the playoffs.

Simply: If the Packers lost Rodgers in pre-season, what would there record have been? I doubt better than .500

If Brady were lost? Well, Matt Casell answered that question for us didn't he.

Edited by tazinib1

:wacko:

Cassel went 10-6 in 2008 as the starter for the Patriots. What point exactly are you trying to make?

:tup:

You do realize you just made my point don't you?

I asked: What would happen if the Packers lost Rodgers? probably no better than .500

I then asked what would happen in the Patriots lost Brady? And I said Matt Cassel answered that for us. Ya see, after losing Brady, the Patriots still went 10-6 because of there SYSTEM and amazing ability to plug and play.

Edited by tazinib1

I do not think it means what you think it means.

Flatter me :tup:

I'm that dude that thinks he sounds smart by using words he thinks he knows the definitions of. I can pull it off in public cause I'm so damned handsome...but in forums, it kinds stands out huh? :wacko: