[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Elite? Forget about Aaron Rodgers

Furd

Vince Young is an elite quarterback. Just ask him:

Vince Young's focus is on being a starting quarterback in the NFL, and his confidence has not flagged. Asked if he could work as a backup, Young laughed. "I'm going to go into the organization, the team, and compete. That's all I can do, and let them make their own decision after that," Young said. "Definitely I am a starting quarterback, an elite quarterback in the NFL. I want to go ahead and start. But like it always is, the coaches have the last word." Tennessee owner Bud Adams actually had the last word Jan. 5 when the Titans announced that they would either release Young or try to trade him away because he's not in their plans for 2011.

link

it's funny that character/winner was one of the reasons why he went in the first round. VY has 'issues', Cutler is a 'dick' and Lineart sucked. That was a pretty bad class.

But why does it seem like VY has been in the league for 20 years already ?

Vince Young is a victum of his own athleticism. He was passed and pushed through school because he could play ball and never had to develop the skills needed to build the foundations needed to succeed in life without football. Sadly that is common place in our way of life. The guy could hardly speak yet could make it though high school and college on his arm and feet. It just makes me sad to see when this happens. Sadly enough I see the same thing in Dez Bryant for the Cowboys. I hope I am wrong but fear from what I have seen and heard that he may struggle. What the heck are these colleges teaching today. They are not doing these guys any favors and these athletes need to buck up and learn as well as play.

As Young is finding out, his arm and legs will only carry him so far.

Edited by Cowboyz1

What the heck are these colleges teaching today. They are not doing these guys any favors and these athletes need to buck up and learn as well as play.

The ship has sailed by the time someone has reached college age. College is all about honing what you got, and if you don't got . . .

Young was a butterknife when he got to The University of Texas and a butterknife when he left. I don't think that any amount of time or effort on behalf of any university would have changed a thing.

I think Michel Vick had the same sort of ego problem before the dog fighting scandel. He was such a great player that he didn't bother learning how to work with everyone around him cause he always had the option to run. Granted he was humbled in prison and came back an even better player.

Young on the other hand hasn't had his slice of humble pie yet. When he does he may end up being a good QB

Just like Reggie Bush?

:wacko: based on what we've seen so far since they both were drafted Reggie Bush has been head and shoulders above Vince Young, character and performance wise. Never heard about Reggie arguing with his coaches, refusing to go into a game, threatening suicide, getting into fights at strip bars, throwing his shoulder pads and uniform into the crowd, speaking out in the media about his distaste for being 2nd string to Kerry Collins, etc, etc.

Reggie Bush has been the consummate pro and has not done anything to be a distraction to his team by his actions on or off the field as a pro. You can't say the same thing about Vince.

Explain to me how you can draw any comparison between the two?

:wacko: based on what we've seen so far since they both were drafted Reggie Bush has been head and shoulders above Vince Young, character and performance wise. Never heard about Reggie arguing with his coaches, refusing to go into a game, threatening suicide, getting into fights at strip bars, throwing his shoulder pads and uniform into the crowd, speaking out in the media about his distaste for being 2nd string to Kerry Collins, etc, etc.

Reggie Bush has been the consummate pro and has not done anything to be a distraction to his team by his actions on or off the field as a pro. You can't say the same thing about Vince.

Explain to me how you can draw any comparison between the two?

Reggie demonstrated how poor his integrity is BEFORE he got into the pro level. Where have you been? Just because he coughed up his Heisman doesn't indicate to me he's reformed said demonstrated lack of integrity - which in the end has very little to do with success. Some people succeed because they lack integrity.

Reggie Bush shouldn't have been on the field his senior year. What you say about VY is true. What I say about RB is true. However, at least VY didn't leave scorched earth behind and ruin the accomplishments of his friends from college.

Reggie demonstrated how poor his integrity is BEFORE he got into the pro level. Where have you been? Just because he coughed up his Heisman doesn't indicate to me he's reformed said demonstrated lack of integrity - which in the end has very little to do with success. Some people succeed because they lack integrity.

Reggie Bush shouldn't have been on the field his senior year. What you say about VY is true. What I say about RB is true. However, at least VY didn't leave scorched earth behind and ruin the accomplishments of his friends from college.

You should do a little research on Reggie Bush before you go talking about integrity and feeling so sorry for poor little USC.

You should do a little research on Reggie Bush before you go talking about integrity and feeling so sorry for poor little USC.

I won't turn this into a hijack, but since he's now your boy I'm going to guess this is the implied "other people got away with similar things that he did but didn't get caught" argument.

The list of NCAA sanctions that were mainly centered around him are lengthy and implicate him quite deeply. And if you theprofessor wants to compare it to what VY has done it goes far, far beyond that - so he won't want to compare them.

They didn't strip scholarships, bowl eligibility, Bush's statistics, over 20 victories and a BCS title for nothing. :wacko:

I won't turn this into a hijack, but since he's now your boy I'm going to guess this is the implied "other people got away with similar things that he did but didn't get caught" argument.

The list of NCAA sanctions that were mainly centered around him are lengthy and implicate him quite deeply. And if you theprofessor wants to compare it to what VY has done it goes far, far beyond that - so he won't want to compare them.

They didn't strip scholarships, bowl eligibility, Bush's statistics, over 20 victories and a BCS title for nothing. :wacko:

Don't forget that Heisman Award thingy

Actually this is about the person he has been since he left USC, but I guess that doesn't really matter to you.

Actually this is about the person he has been since he left USC, but I guess that doesn't really matter to you.

Not really - does a Tiger change it's stripes when it can afford a PR firm to give him a script? That's what matters: what's the saying about character is what you do when no one is looking? It was his behavior that destroyed the accomplishments of an entire team and had it stricken from the record books - something he's never apologized for.

And hey men, I get it he did great stuff in your city when it was needed. But IMO it doesn't let him off the hook in the whole 'integrity debate' for his past behavior. You disagree and I respect that.

I hate both USC and the Saints, but I'm not about to go calling Reggie Bush's character into question, when as a young kid he was offered to get payed to play for a top football team. How could anybody be so unethical? I'm sure you would have been a much more noble poor18 year old. Seriously, blame USC.

As for the OP, there's not any doubt Vince is a dumbass, but if you can make Roethlisberger a championship QB..

Not really - does a Tiger change it's stripes when it can afford a PR firm to give him a script? That's what matters: what's the saying about character is what you do when no one is looking? It was his behavior that destroyed the accomplishments of an entire team and had it stricken from the record books - something he's never apologized for.

And hey men, I get it he did great stuff in your city when it was needed. But IMO it doesn't let him off the hook in the whole 'integrity debate' for his past behavior. You disagree and I respect that.

:wacko: