[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Dynasty Commissioners- what's the plan?

Zooty

Looking it over for my leagues, the fantasy off-season won't be too messed up. The real trouble would begin if games and then the whole season was missed. So in 3 parts...

Part A

I think (hope/wish) that at worst it gets settled by June/July which would really only effect the draft and FA. For my leagues that may be a small issue. The NFL draft will go on as normal but there won't be an UUDFAs signed by NFL teams till a CBA is in place. That means these leagues can still have their drafts. It will get "funny" b/c there won't be any "undrafted" guys for use to draft in leagues with deep drafts.

Other issue is that FA won't happen in the NFL as normal. This also has a smaller effect on my leagues since our RFA typically starts a couple weeks before the NFL anyway. So I can RFA going on as normal for my leagues. So we will have RFA and then the draft as we normally do. We just won't be able to grab UDFAs and will get screwed later in the year by signing a RFA who ends up in some odd place.

I've seen that some leagues have their RFA after FA starts in the NFL, this could throw them off. Maybe some thought to delaying RFA for us but that starts to throw us into the vacation season which can be an issue.

The way I see, RFA and the draft can stay as is for dynasty leagues.

Part B

The real issue, canceled games. Not sure how this can even be approached till we know how many games will be missed and by then it pretty late. I guess the plan would have to be 1- keep the playoffs the same (2 or 3 weeks, still ending on the 2nd to last week). You may end up having a heavy intra-divisional schedule or even go all-play. I'm kind of hoping that MFL will come up with some pre-packaged schedules on the fly to cover everyone.

Worst case scenario

Part C

The wholes season gets tanked or is abbreviated to something like 6 or 8 games. Abbreviated you can go double, triple, quadruple headers or all-play.

Canceled- would contact leagues still deduct a year of salary?

No ideas here and really hoping I don't need any :wacko:

Thoughts?

:wacko: Nice job heading this up Zooty

A. I'm not too concerned about league off-season scheduling. I think we can do our best to adapt and work with stuff as it happens, and as long as everyone is willing to be flexible, there should only be minor speed bumps along the way.

B. I think you hit the nail on the head - once we have an idea of canceled games, we will have to adjust scheduling on the fly. I'm sure MFL will find a way to easily accommodate this, and it will just have to be division heavy.

C. I think most leagues will have to agree before hand what the minimum games played are that they want for their season. Personally, I don't want my money or my player's dynasty contracts being put towards a six game season.

I think leagues will have to take a vote and say "If there's any fewer than "x" games played, we scratch our season: money stays with the treasurer unless an owner would like to back out for 2012, and contract years are not reduced."

Edited by kpholmes

For my contract dynasties, I plan to do three things.

-Establish a minimum number of games played to constitute a season accrued.

-If we fail to play that number of games, I am giving my owners the ability to add one extra year on every active contract they choose. For the aging vets, they do not have to exercise this option if they don't want to.

-The 2011 draft and 2011 RFA will forge ahead as usual. But the 2012 draft will be a lottery style draft based on a 2010 finish if there is no 2011 season. Not sure what the plan is for 2012 RFA under the no 2011 season scenario but I will figure something out.

As for 2011 UDFAs, I am stipulating that any player that was eligible for the 2011 draft but wasn't selected will be available to pick up.

Edited by Tford

I actually think the worse case senario for Dynasty Leauges would be a situtaton where they end up having scabs come in to play for every team. (like in that movie The Replacements) That would screw up all of the contracts in a dynasty leauge. So u'd have people on contract that weren't even playing and then u have to draft a team of total scrubs

I actually think the worse case senario for Dynasty Leauges would be a situtaton where they end up having scabs come in to play for every team. (like in that movie The Replacements) That would screw up all of the contracts in a dynasty leauge. So u'd have people on contract that weren't even playing and then u have to draft a team of total scrubs

We wouldn't play at all in that scenario. We would skip the season. BTW that really did happen in the 80s for a couple games before the real players came back

We wouldn't play at all in that scenario. We would skip the season. BTW that really did happen in the 80s for a couple games before the real players came back

Agreed.

The moment something like this is announced, you simply stop the clock - shut it down. All work done up to that point stands, and you just shut it down.

People that would want to carry it on with scabs would have some serious gaming/gambling/mental issues.