[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bears fans burning Cutler spamshirts

polksalet

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I guess it's easy to say this will be a topic of discussion and debate for a long while! Did he or did he not quit on his teammates?? Well that is the million dollar question....I think he did! :tup: But I guess one MRI could prove me wrong :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

"I rarely agree with Olin Kreutz on anything other than what day it is. But Kreutz provided the perfect response to anybody suggesting otherwise — especially his NFL peers who ripped Cutler on the Internet.

"(Expletive) them, it's (expletive) stupid,'' Kreutz snapped. "I could see (his knee) wiggling when he was walking back in the huddle (late in the second quarter).''

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/footb...,5643898.column

Well I guess it's easy to say this will be a topic of discussion and debate for a long while! Did he or did he not quit on his teammates?? Well that is the million dollar question....I think he did! :tup: But I guess one MRI could prove me wrong :wacko:

I don't think a MRI is going to change the debate. If it comes out that his knee is torn people will look at the MJD, Primetime and Dockett tweets along with the body of work he has put together with his attitude. Right or wrong it will come into play. If it's something that wouldn't get worse then I could see MJD's point... If it's something that if he tried to play he could damage more severely, then the Bears made the right call with keeping him down. Although BP is right. as soon as they knew he wasn't going to play they should have taken his pads/helmet away or just kept him in the locker room.

Jesus H Christ

We were sitting in the bar watching the game and some of the people there were grousing about Cutler being a ####y and how he had to get back in there because it was the NFC Championship. Yet not one of them knew the extent of his injury. As far as I know as of the date and time of this posting, there still isn't an official report.

I'm wondering if any of these idiots would think differently if they knew that he had torn an ACL or some other similar devastating injury? And that maybe Cutler was showing some serious guts by standing there on the sideline instead of going to get immediate treatment?

Some football "fans" are nothing less than thoughtless morans.

Jesus H Christ

We were sitting in the bar watching the game and some of the people there were grousing about Cutler being a ####y and how he had to get back in there because it was the NFC Championship. Yet not one of them knew the extent of his injury. As far as I know as of the date and time of this posting, there still isn't an official report.

I'm wondering if any of these idiots would think differently if they knew that he had torn an ACL or some other similar devastating injury? And that maybe Cutler was showing some serious guts by standing there on the sideline instead of going to get immediate treatment?

Werd. Besides the whole pussily bit, the Pack have a really athletic front seven. If you can't move, you're toast. It's why the kid was so effective down the stretch. It was the same thing with LT. Do you want some gimpy-assed player limping through the game or someone healthy? The fact that the kid almost brought them back should answer the question.

Jesus H Christ

This.

The Chicago Tribune had an article posted very quickly after the game condemning the morans who were calling Cutler a wuss.

I dont care if his entire kneecap disintegrated. He shouldnt have been out there with a pouty look on his face. It wasnt like he was cheering on his teammates and getting them fired up so his presence was necessary . . . he was either sitting down or walking aorund.

Plus he didnt have his pads off or even a bag of ice strapped to his knee. Rivers played a game on a TORN ACL.

he should have stayed in the locker room, or been on crutches. All this does is create drama for the bears and for Cutler. He couldnt come back in the game once hanie came in anyways, so strip off the pads.

Hell, he looked fine walking out to midfield and giving Rodgers a hug . . . .that will fuel the fire that he either wasnt hurt, or wasnt hirt enough to not play but he is lacking in heart.

The most annoying part is that this is taking away from a very very good bears season where they really over acheived and played well.

They shoulda kept him in the locker room. They did him zero favors by having him walk on the sidelines with a pouty look on his face.

Typical pampered athlete his whole life, he doesn't know what work is. Any of us could take a shot from Briggs and go to the bench :wacko:

Typical pampered athlete his whole life, he doesn't know what work is. Any of us could take a shot from Briggs and go to the bench :tup:

It just feeds into the anti-Cutler hype. He wasnt trying to fire up his teammates, he quietly paced the sidelines or sat on the bench alone.

I am not questioning the injury, but the decision to keep a guy on the bench with no readily apparent injury or treatment was ill-advised by the Bears. :wacko:

I am not questioning the injury, but the decision to keep a guy on the bench with no readily apparent injury or treatment was ill-advised by the Bears. :wacko:

I agree. What were the Bears coaches thinking, they should have clearly taken into account that it was possible a bunch of idiot fans would think he was faking it.

Jay Cutler has a MCL tear in his left knee, according to beat writer Sean Jensen.

The Bears are apparently still determining the grade of his tear. MCL injuries are not nearly as severe as ACL tears, but can still limit mobility and a quarterback's ability to plant his foot. Still, if the injury does not require surgery, Cutler is going to be even more vilified than he already is. Cutler will be hard-pressed to escape a suddenly "soft" reputation.

Ihe should have . . . been on crutches.

This. Whether he needed them or not, the team doctor should have ordered Cutler to use them. And strap a bag of ice to the knee.

And I don't think that a grown man needs to be all rah-rah. But for goddsakes, show some interest.

Cutler did himself no favors.

Jesus H Christ

Okay, so maybe he was seriously hurt and the doctors wouldn't let him go back in. The question I have is why wasn't he helping his teammates? Why wasn't he talking with the 3rd string QB every chance he got to understand what was going on with coverages, various players, different reads, etc. Why wasn't he talking with receivers, anything to help his team?

That's the biggest issue I had with him. Maybe fans at the game watched him do nothing for his team to try and help and that's why they are pissed. I don't know for sure, as I didn't see him on the sidelines the entire second half, but numerous questions come to mind.

Hell, even Pouncey was trying to help him team after he was out of the Pitt game.

Report: Cutler has torn MCL

After Jay Cutler left Sunday’s game with a knee injury, NFL Network analyst Deion Sanders jokes that he “better see” Dr. James Andrews operate live on Cutler or he wouldn’t be satisfied with Cutler leaving the game.

It sounds like a surgery may indeed be in Cutler’s future.

Sean Jensen of the Chicago Sun-Times reports Cutler tore his MCL during the loss to the Packers. The team is determining the grade of tear, which could help determine if the injury could heal naturally.

As MDS pointed out earlier, Cutler has only missed one start in his career. That was for a concussion in 2010

They better at least pretend to do surgery on him or the fans may never forgive him.

Edited by myhousekey

Is a spamshirt a cheap knockoff jersey or something?

Yeah, I didn't know, either.

OK, off-topic, but what's a spamshirt? I've seen the term a lot but don't know what it is. I'm guessing some sort of practice jersey?

spamshirts=jersey s

Because spammers are doing that.

I dont care if his entire kneecap disintegrated. He shouldnt have been out there with a pouty look on his face. It wasnt like he was cheering on his teammates and getting them fired up so his presence was necessary . . . he was either sitting down or walking aorund.

I sprain my MCL in the NFC Championship and I am probably not going to be in the best of spirits either, much less firing my teammates up.

Plus he didnt have his pads off or even a bag of ice strapped to his knee. Rivers played a game on a TORN ACL.

he should have stayed in the locker room, or been on crutches. All this does is create drama for the bears and for Cutler. He couldnt come back in the game once hanie came in anyways, so strip off the pads.

Who sent him back out, is the question.

Hell, he looked fine walking out to midfield and giving Rodgers a hug . . . .that will fuel the fire that he either wasnt hurt, or wasnt hirt enough to not play but he is lacking in heart.

I'm pretty sure you can walk on a sprained MCL and still not be able to play on it.

The most annoying part is that this is taking away from a very very good bears season where they really over acheived and played well.

Of which CUtler was a big part of.

It just feeds into the anti-Cutler hype. He wasnt trying to fire up his teammates, he quietly paced the sidelines or sat on the bench alone.

Again, who knows if it was his decision to go back out?

This. Whether he needed them or not, the team doctor should have ordered Cutler to use them. And strap a bag of ice to the knee.

And I don't think that a grown man needs to be all rah-rah. But for goddsakes, show some interest.

Cutler doesn't even look interested when he's well.....interested. :tup:

Cutler did himself no favors.

Report: Cutler has torn MCL

They better at least pretend to do surgery on him or the fans may never forgive him.

:lol:

Zia . . . Pouncey was on crutches the second half of the Steelers game, and was cheering them on and excited. I guess Cutler should just sit there, dejected? He gets to be a sad panda because of his MCL?

And whoever sent him back out or had him sit there without therapy, still in pads, was a bad error in perception. I am preeeeetty sure I made that abundantly clear.