[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If your homer team needs to draft a QB

Seahawks21

What a yawner of a Senior Bowl, as far as QB's are concerned. I think Ponder came out looking the best. He also figures to have a Wunderlic in the 40's. His durability issues have pushed him out of the first round most places you look, but if he shows good arm strength in workouts, he might just creep back into it. At this point, and I'll probably change my mind 7 times before the draft, he is the guy I would be targeting if I was the Seahawks GM.

IDK what you are talking about.

You have the immortal Charlie Whitehurst!!!

If the Seahawks take a QB before the 3rd round they'd be foolish. They have much bigger needs than that. No QB's were impressive today. I wasn't impressed with Ponder either as he was lucky to not have two picks and Hankerson bailed him out early. Hankerson, Miller and Locke performed better than anyone else and improved their draft status today..

Edited by theprofessor

If the Seahawks take a QB before the 3rd round they'd be foolish. They have much bigger needs than that. No QB's were impressive today. I wasn't impressed with Ponder either as he was lucky to not have two picks and Hankerson bailed him out early. Hankerson, Miller and Locke performed better than anyone else and improved their draft status today..

yeah, cause 3rd round quarterbacks work out so often. THere is no such thing as a bigger need than QB. If you don't have an elite QB, you have nothing. Locker improved his draft status by fumbling twice and completing a dump pass to the fullback and just about getting a WR killed? Just slightly delusional this time.

yeah, cause 3rd round quarterbacks work out so often. THere is no such thing as a bigger need than QB. If you don't have an elite QB, you have nothing. Locker improved his draft status by fumbling twice and completing a dump pass to the fullback and just about getting a WR killed? Just slightly delusional this time.

There you go again :lol: You're so he11 bent on putting down everything that Jake Locker does (and you claim to be a husky fan :wacko: ) that you don't even read the post properly. :tup: I said Locke improved his draft status today .... Derrick Locke running back out of Kentucky. Perhaps you didn't really watch the game? And I'm delusional :rofl:

Former Super Bowl teams have been littered with QB's that aren't considered "elite" and while I agree that it helps to have a top tier QB in this league the bigger need of the Seahawks is on the offensive line and at defensive back. BTW, arguably 2 of the best QB in the history of the league were drafted outside of the 2nd round ..... and one of them was picked in the 3rd round ....... some guy named Joe Montana. Heard of him before?

Edited by theprofessor

I'm going to stay mum on Locker for the purposes of this thread, and defer to those without bias.

:wacko:

ETA: Although I will say that the senior bowl obviously did nothing to improve his draft stock (from what I've heard - I've been out of pocket for the last week or so). In my heart I hope he falls to the Hawks in the first, in my head I have serious reservations about him ever becoming an effective pocket passer in the NFL

Edited by bushwacked

Locker was terrible in the Senior bowl, and hasnt looked much better this past season. I admit I think he completely sucks as a QB, but can anyone argue he looks even decent at best.

It seems Im always the voice slamming the over hyped players. Maybe because I am unbias about these players, and argue what I see them do on the field. I dont wish anything bad on any of these players, and hope Locker does make it. The more elite players the better the league. I simply do not see Locker ever being elite as a QB. But with his athletic ability he could probably play another position like TE, and excel.

My homer team won't be drafting a quarterback, but I think Gabbert has the best shot of developing into something. Not too fired up on Cam Newton, but he wlll probably sell tickets wherever he goes. Don't get the Kaepernick love.

There you go again :lol: You're so he11 bent on putting down everything that Jake Locker does (and you claim to be a husky fan :wacko: ) that you don't even read the post properly. :tup: I said Locke improved his draft status today .... Derrick Locke running back out of Kentucky. Perhaps you didn't really watch the game? And I'm delusional :rofl:

Former Super Bowl teams have been littered with QB's that aren't considered "elite" and while I agree that it helps to have a top tier QB in this league the bigger need of the Seahawks is on the offensive line and at defensive back. BTW, arguably 2 of the best QB in the history of the league were drafted outside of the 2nd round ..... and one of them was picked in the 3rd round ....... some guy named Joe Montana. Heard of him before?

Okay, Joe Montana was drafted more than what, 30 years ago? That seems very relevant in this day and age. While we're at it, what round was Bart Starr taken in?

You've got Tony Romo and you've got Matt Schaub. Every other elite QB drafted in the last ten years besides Brees (1st pick of round 2) was drafted in the first round. Other than Brees, there isn't even a second round quarterback that is a good starter for his team. 10 of the top 12 QB's in the NFL made the playoffs this year. If you don't have an elite QB, you have zero. Sure, there is an exception here and there, but if you have an elite QB, you make the playoffs repeatedly. If you don't have an elite QB, it is an exception and a rarity to make the playoffs. No, never heard of Joe Montana. Why don't you leave the sports commentary to those that have some vague idea as to what is going on?

Okay, Joe Montana was drafted more than what, 30 years ago? That seems very relevant in this day and age. While we're at it, what round was Bart Starr taken in?

You've got Tony Romo and you've got Matt Schaub. Every other elite QB drafted in the last ten years besides Brees (1st pick of round 2) was drafted in the first round. Other than Brees, there isn't even a second round quarterback that is a good starter for his team. 10 of the top 12 QB's in the NFL made the playoffs this year. If you don't have an elite QB, you have zero. Sure, there is an exception here and there, but if you have an elite QB, you make the playoffs repeatedly. If you don't have an elite QB, it is an exception and a rarity to make the playoffs. No, never heard of Joe Montana. Why don't you leave the sports commentary to those that have some vague idea as to what is going on?

Like you? :tup:

How bout that Derrick Locke kid out of UK? What a burst! :wacko:

What's funny about his response? You asked and he told you.

The guy just doesn't miss a beat, even when the question is somewhat rhetorical. His thoroughness along with timing just never ceases to crack me up. I'm in the middle of one of my pointless rants and he just so nonchalantly goes about his business without blinking. Love it. Sorry, maybe you had to be there.