[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Worst Fan Representation at the huddle and in general?

keggerz

Not to throw water on the fire, but I do think Cowboys fans are the worst represented, if only because they are dramatic bandwagoners who bail very quickly when things go south. That, to me, it the definition of a horrendous fan.

This represents me. I'm not proud of it. Fantasy Football has ruined my ability to root for a team with any sort of fervency. If you were to ask me which team I have rooted for with the most consistency for the last few years, it's been the Texans. But I would still consider myself associated with the Cowboys due to my location, the media I choose to follow, and having a general interest in being an arm-chair QB of theirs when it comes to fulfilling my desires of being a critic.

To indulge y'all a bit further, I have a much larger interest in rooting for the players on my dynasty team than I do rooting for one particular NFL team. Perhaps due to the fact I have a number of key Texans players, I tend to root for them more.

Cowboys fans get frustrated on here for sure but I dont recall any fans jumping ship, as in not being a fan of the team anymore :wacko: I see people switch opinions on here plenty of times . Like talking up character and how they would be appalled by having a guy like Pacman Jones on their team then being all about "2nd chances" when their team takes on a dog killer. Sorry, im getting off track. Packers fans seem to fight each other more than any other group of fans at the huddle. I think every set of fans on here has their resident tools.

Edited by whomper

Cardinal fan here, living in Nashville, so add one to the Cards and Titans!

Grew up watching Roger Wehrli, Jim Hart and the Cardiac Cards in STL, stuck with them through the move to AZ and they will always be my team!! we will be re-building for the next decade once again....thus the silence, from the few, the proud........trust when we find another Warner you will hear us and again ask us to act like we have been there before.......knowing all the while, that we have not really been there before.

The good news is, the NFC West will allow us hope for at least the next few years!!

Just curious but if I had to guess it looks like the Cardinals, Jags & Titans might have the fewest fans that represent them here at the huddle and that probably is something that transfers across the sport as well....I know we have at least one Jags/Giants fan but the truth is that team has had trouble selling out in the past and they sure don't seem to have a large following...the Cardinals, are there any more bandwagon fans than theirs? Actually, that probably isn't fair because I don't even remember many if any when they went to the SB a couple a years ago...Do we even have any Cardinals fans here at the huddle? The Titans...I know we have a few and then there is Spain but hell even Spain puts poker before the Titans.

I wonder how much your observation depends on 2 things:

Expansion Team or Team that has moved cities and has not been there since 1920-1960?

So the Cardinals were in STL, then move to AZ, so what do the STL fans do? Root for KC for a while, some stick with the team, then they get a new team in the Rams and they have success and forget about the Cards/Chiefs......same with H-Town, they root for the Cowboys or Saints cuz they are close, then jump on the Texans wagon when they get to town. As for the Titans, they are what.... 17 years old to Tennesseans, and 15 years old to Nashvillians, how long has Green Bay been in Green Bay (90yrs) or Pittsburg been in Pitt (73 yrs)?

I bet a dollar that in Green Bay's 15th season they had less than 100 followers on facebook and very few on line followers....... :wacko:

Sorry, but none of you other fans can compete with us Minnesota fans and all the diaper dirt the Vikes put us through over the years and yet we keep coming back for more.

Vikes/Lions/loaf,kevinL (browns) stick thru the thick and thin for sure BUT this is about the teams that have little to no fans here and i think Keg already nailed that :wacko:

Dbaxx is to busy playin with his awesome outdoor kitchen :wacko:

Hahaha! That's true. I did add a Big Green Egg to the BBQ island area. That thing is unbelievable.....Unateve is right. But, I am a Cardinal fan first, then a Vikes fan. Tough year !

Sorry, but none of you other fans can compete with us Minnesota fans and all the diaper dirt the Vikes put us through over the years and yet we keep coming back for more.

You haven't seen chit until you hire Millen.

Not to throw water on the fire, but I do think Cowboys fans are the worst represented, if only because they are dramatic bandwagoners who bail very quickly when things go south. That, to me, it the definition of a horrendous fan.

On the flip side, for the same reasons, Steelers fans seem to be the best.

What do you consider bail quickly when things go south. Questioning the leadership in place, when one of the best owners in the NFL hiring the biggest idiot GM in the NFL, and refusing to fire him even when he has proved to be an idiot for almost 15 years. Jerry handled the Landry and Tex Schram firings with arrogance and no class. . Those guys made this franchise the most recognizable in the sport, and he dumped them like they were ball boys. And we were still fans, even though we questioned everything that was going on at the time. But to his credit he hired Jimmy Johnson who was the perfect man for the job at that time. If it wasnt for Jimmy Johnson, we wouldnt have a Superbowl title in the last 25 years.

I was pissed last year when we kept Wade as I knew he was not the man to take us to the next level. but he proved to be much worse than anyone expected. Im not sold on Jason yet either. But Im open to it. Id love to see Gruden here with the talent we have on offense. But again, Im willing to give Jason a chance.

I think its one thing to call fans bandwagon fans, who have rooted for this franchise our whole lives, just because we express frustration about the way the team is run. Hell I was at the Cowboy / LA Rams game in Dec of 1989 when we were 1-10 or 1-11 at the time. The place was full even in the midst of that season, and that was one of the most exciting games of the year with the Rams winning 35-31. Fair weather fans dont go to games, in that kind of a disaster season, especially when the new owner threw away the legendary Landry just a few months prior to this season.

Edited by Living the Dream