[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vick to remain an Eagle

i_am_the_swammi

Per Adam Schefter.

Not a shock to anyone, but interesting that Vick can reject any deal offered, and be assured to make Top-5 money (at least for one year). Ton of cash for a guy out of football two years ago.

Moreover, it seems very likely the Eagles will entertain offers for Kolb this offseason, and most likely move him....not sure there's payroll room to pay two QBs starting wages. Kold should generate some decent interest with the brutality that was the QB position this year. Eagles will likely be seeking a late 1st/ high 2nd round pick, IMO.

Link via Eagles website

I don't see how any team could give up a 1st-rounder or early 2nd for Kolb considering how unproven he is. I mean you gotta think you could get Cam Newton at that point in the draft..or just get Vince Young for a discount price in a trade w/ Titans...

I don't see how any team could give up a 1st-rounder or early 2nd for Kolb considering how unproven he is. I mean you gotta think you could get Cam Newton at that point in the draft..or just get Vince Young for a discount price in a trade w/ Titans...

I think that if a team with a good OL acquires him, he'll pan out really well....

the Eagles OL just didn't have it this year and he probably needs a fresh start with a good OL because the Eagles OL will be mediocre for at least another year....

I would take Kolb over Vince in a heartbeat. There is a reason the Eagles parted ways with McNabb and it wasn't foresight on how good Vick would be. If anybody tells you they did, ask them what they are smoking 'cause i'd like some.

I don't see how any team could give up a 1st-rounder or early 2nd for Kolb considering how unproven he is.

Not as unproven as a rookie straight from the draft, though. I can definitely see someone giving a high 2nd or low 1st for Kolb. That said, all the teams with low 1sts are pretty much set at QB - that is the reason they have low firsts.

I would take Kolb over Vince in a heartbeat. There is a reason the Eagles parted ways with McNabb and it wasn't foresight on how good Vick would be. If anybody tells you they did, ask them what they are smoking 'cause i'd like some.

+1

I'd take Kolb over any QB in the draft this year.

Reid knows his QBs, and when he let McNabb walk, it was to put Kolb at the helm of that offense. You'd better believe teams in need of a QB are looking at making Kolb the cornerstone of their franchise next season.

If I could guess, I'd say we'll see him playing in SF next season.

there's a reason that young is going to either be released or at best titans will get maybe a 5th rounder or something. from all accounts, he has no leadership abilities at all and is borderline illiterate.

maybe teams would rather have newton but when it comes to b/t taking Kolb or someone like locker, it becomes much closer. kolb could be worth a late 1st or early second.

QB hungry teams that are built to win now (Cardinals,Vikings and perhaps 49'rs), would be wise to invest a 1st on Kolb rather than go through growings pains with a rookie. There are no immediate impact QB's in this draft (Ryan,Bradford,Sanchez,Flacco etc.).

+1

I'd take Kolb over any QB in the draft this year.

Reid knows his QBs, and when he let McNabb walk, it was to put Kolb at the helm of that offense. You'd better believe teams in need of a QB are looking at making Kolb the cornerstone of their franchise next season.

If I could guess, I'd say we'll see him playing in SF next season.

Agree 100% about Reid knowing his QB's and there talent KP. And for the bolded statement :wacko:

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

Personally I keep them both. The way Vick plays he likely wont play 16 games and Kolb knows this offense. Kolb is cheap this year, and isnt he going to be a RFA after next season, which means all Philly would have to do is tender him $2.562 million and if anyone signs him they get a First- and third-round if he signs an offer sheet and they dont match. If no one signs him, then you keep him 2 more years at very reasonable salary, and deal him the next offseason or threaten to tag him, which time Vick maybe a much different player than he is today.

Personally I keep them both. The way Vick plays he likely wont play 16 games and Kolb knows this offense. Kolb is cheap this year, and isnt he going to be a RFA after next season, which means all Philly would have to do is tender him $2.562 million and if anyone signs him they get a First- and third-round if he signs an offer sheet and they dont match. If no one signs him, then you keep him 2 more years at very reasonable salary, and deal him the next offseason or threaten to tag him, which time Vick maybe a much different player than he is today.

While keeping him would make sense, I think the Eagles are trying to sell while his stock is high and bring in possibly more than what he's worth (1st+Some).

Maybe Reid knows something about Mike Kafka we don't? :wacko:

While keeping him would make sense, I think the Eagles are trying to sell while his stock is high and bring in possibly more than what he's worth (1st+Some).

Maybe Reid knows something about Mike Kafka we don't? :wacko:

As much as they have invested in him, I dont think you gamble vicks injury history with a 2nd yr player like Kafka.

i am not positive about the RFA thing but the articles i have seen have not mentioned this..

I would rather not trade a high draft pick for Kolb because of how much I don't trust Kolb instead of how much I like the rookie QB's this year. I dont like Kolb at all because...

1.) Kolb will be 27 for this upcoming year.

2.) Kolb has a career QB Rating of 73.2

3.) If you say that is a not a true reflection of Kolb (his career QB rating) he has played in 19 games his career

4.) In 2010 he threw 7 TDs and 7 INT's through 7 games. And also had 5 fubmles

5.) If he goes elsewhere he won't have DeSean Jackson and Jeremy Maclin and safety TE Celek.

I would rather not trade a high draft pick for Kolb because of how much I don't trust Kolb instead of how much I like the rookie QB's this year.

Seriously? This is by far one of the worst QB classes in recent memory. None of them are impact QB's. Sorry man :wacko: but I strongly disagree with you here.

I would rather not trade a high draft pick for Kolb because of how much I don't trust Kolb instead of how much I like the rookie QB's this year.

Seriously? This is by far one of the worst QB classes in recent memory. None of them are impact QB's. Sorry man :wacko: but I strongly disagree with you here.

I think in a few years we see this isnt that bad a class. While I dont think there is a top flight QB amongst the bunch, unless Dalton develops into that. I do think we have a chance of 4 Carson Palmer/David Garrard types amongst them.

Took me out of context there...I was attempting to say that I think a team is foolish to trade a 1st-rounder for Kevin Kolb due to the fact of how unproven Kolb is "INSTEAD of how much I like the rookies QB's"

hopefully that helps clarify, I think a team with a 1st-rounder shouldnt trade for Kolb and shouldnt take a rook QB as well. I'm just saying Kolb isn't worth a 1st-rounder or a 2nd-rounder.

Took me out of context there...I was attempting to say that I think a team is foolish to trade a 1st-rounder for Kevin Kolb due to the fact of how unproven Kolb is "INSTEAD of how much I like the rookies QB's"

hopefully that helps clarify, I think a team with a 1st-rounder shouldnt trade for Kolb and shouldnt take a rook QB as well. I'm just saying Kolb isn't worth a 1st-rounder or a 2nd-rounder.

:wacko: No need to clarify. I'm not one of those guys that gets butt hurt when somebody disagrees with me...unlike a few posters here.

mentioned what. If he is indeed a RFA after next yr, the amount tendered, determines compensation. I looked up the number for a 1st and 3rd and posted it above.

not saying you're wroing, just that i find this hard to believe. b/c if they could get a 1 and a 3 next year why in the world would they trade him this year for what sounds like would be less than that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...