[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is Kolb worth

T-Scorp

:wacko:

Sure, ...... he hasn't proven anything in this league and you need to look no further than the final game of the season when he played horrible against a porous Dallas Cowboy defense at home. I'd give up a 3rd, on promise, but nothing more.

He's certainly no Jake Locker, that's for sure.

Sure, ...... he hasn't proven anything in this league and you need to look no further than the final game of the season when he played horrible against a porous Dallas Cowboy defense at home. I'd give up a 3rd, on promise, but nothing more.

In all seriousness, if you were a general manager drafting in the top 12 and your franchise really needed a quarterback, could you commit your franchise to a $35 million investment for Blaine Gabbert? Could you spend a top-ten pick and $30 million in hopes that Newton might someday have a 2010 Michael Vick season instead of the much more likely Vince Young career path?

Kolb has already been trained for 4 years in a pass-happy system, and he comes with an extended warranty of sorts (1 more year under contract for only $1.4 million). It's not a stretch that the Eagles could gain a first round pick from one of the 6-9 teams in need of a QB, but if one of the quarterback deficient teams was willing to part with their early second round pick, they could conceivably come out of the draft’s first two rounds with a highly rated college player and an NFL-ready starting quarterback. Nothing more than a 3rd? That may be FF talking and not reality my friend.

as I said before, put Kolb behind a capable OL and I think he'll get things done...

the Eagles OL was mediocre at best to horrible at times (especially at the time Kolb was at the helm)...so whoever goes after him should have a good OL in place, he would do well...

In all seriousness, if you were a general manager drafting in the top 12 and your franchise really needed a quarterback, could you commit your franchise to a $35 million investment for Blaine Gabbert? Could you spend a top-ten pick and $30 million in hopes that Newton might someday have a 2010 Michael Vick season instead of the much more likely Vince Young career path?

Kolb has already been trained for 4 years in a pass-happy system, and he comes with an extended warranty of sorts (1 more year under contract for only $1.4 million). It's not a stretch that the Eagles could gain a first round pick from one of the 6-9 teams in need of a QB, but if one of the quarterback deficient teams was willing to part with their early second round pick, they could conceivably come out of the draft’s first two rounds with a highly rated college player and an NFL-ready starting quarterback. Nothing more than a 3rd? That may be FF talking and not reality my friend.

I see your point and agree with you. As a Seahawk fan though I feel their first two picks need to be offensive line, defensive back. I would rather fill their needs with elite type players out of college. Draft a project QB in the 3rd to 6th rounds and have them learn under Hasselbeck.

You do realize that in that game Kolb was playing with what basically amounted to the Eagles' second team? I certainly wouldn't judge by that game alone. He clearly has not had enough real game experience to make a sure-footed judgement. It'll be on mostly speculation, but some team out there should pony up a minimum of a 2nd rounder for the upside.

I was under the impression that the Eagles were still only listening to offers of a 1st and another high pick. I'm not sure I'd go that high, but if the Seahawks offered #25, I'd be optimistic.

And he'll stay in Philly.. They'll get about as far as the Chargers did with their demands for Vincent Jackson.. Kolb hasn't proven ANYTHING to warrant another team giving up the top half of their draft to take a chance on him..

Well said. That's it in a nutshell. If you need a QB, you need a QB. There's been a very recent trend of high 1st round picks panning out very nicely, but, historically, it's the riskiest investment you can make.

Sure, if you've got a capable guy under center who is simply at the end of his career, you may prefer to take your chances with Dalton or someone like that in the 3rd. But that's not the case for several teams and the veteran hired guns out there are certainly no more appealing than Kolb and, unlike him, come with the reality that you still very much need to address the future of the position in this draft.

Is Kolb completely proven? Absolutely not. But he is far more so than any of the 3-4 QBs teams are going to use 1st round picks on this spring.

If I'm an Eagle fan there's no way I do that. If I'm a Cardinal fan that deal would be done in a heartbeat.

I like Desean's play-making ability but with his size I'm not sure how long he can play. On top of that he is already yapping about getting paid.