[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is stopping a Status Quo CBA for a year

Cowboyz1

Unions. DeMaurice Smith has a job to do and that is to get the players what they want. You may not like him but the players hired him to be their negotiator with the owners. I have to admit that I did not like what I heard from him yesterday and it seems that the players are not getting what they want and the idea of adding games to the season is unlikely. My only beef with the players stance is that they want 50% of revenues but they do not want to pony up the investment (risk) side. If you want earn half you have to pay your part of the expenses, which includes stadium construction (a good example would be the future of where the Vikings will play). The players are acting like the owners have never taken investment risk to be where they are today.

Also, I have not heard anything from the players about contributing to past players hardships. Today's players need to realize how they got here and who paved the way for them to make the millions they make today.

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

Unions. DeMaurice Smith has a job to do and that is to get the players what they want. You may not like him but the players hired him to be their negotiator with the owners. I have to admit that I did not like what I heard from him yesterday and it seems that the players are not getting what they want and the idea of adding games to the season is unlikely. My only beef with the players stance is that they want 50% of revenues but they do not want to pony up the investment (risk) side. If you want earn half you have to pay your part of the expenses, which includes stadium construction (a good example would be the future of where the Vikings will play). The players are acting like the owners have never taken investment risk to be where they are today.

Also, I have not heard anything from the players about contributing to past players hardships. Today's players need to realize how they got here and who paved the way for them to make the millions they make today.

The owners take no risk. None. Zilch. Zero. They ALL make money, and in most cases, millions upon millions, to do basically nothing but sit back with their hand open and take half off the top.

The owners take no risk. None. Zilch. Zero. They ALL make money, and in most cases, millions upon millions, to do basically nothing but sit back with their hand open and take half off the top.

yeah, now. but what about when the leagues merged? what about the initial start-ups? what about the money the owners spend for their stadiums? you are like the players today, you just think that everything starts and stops NOW, well there was a beginning and there was alot of risks taken.

Television is who pays the bills, just ask the owners of Jax and Buffalo.

Also, just ask the USFL about risks

Edited by Scooby's Hubby