[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

thank goodness the Super bowl isn't in Indy this year!

CaptainHook

Let me first start off by saying that I am not in favor of Super Bowls in cold weather cities, even my own.

When Lucas Oil Stadium was built, they applied for the SB in 2011. Unfortunately Dallas applied for the same year, even though their building was not complete at the time. Indy became the first city to build a new stadium and not win a SB bid the first time they applied for it. They did however win the bid in 2012.

If the Super Bowl had been played here this year, it would be a disaster. We just had the worst ice storm in probably 20 years roll through. In just over two hours last night, my car had up to an inch of solid ice cover it. Many counties are in state of emergencies, with no travel. And more ice is on the way!! Thank goodness the SB is not here this year!!!!!

I would love to see it come back to Stanford ,,, I'm curios though

Other then SF / Stanford

Has the SB ever been given to a City but not played in their stadium like when SF got it but it was played at Stanford ?

The NFL used to do this, like also with the Rose Bowl stadium, but it now only considers NFL stadiums to host the Super Bowl.

We should just rotate Miami, San Diego, Arizona, Dallas. The NFL is bound to crap out on one of these cold weather Superbowls eventually, and maybe that will end the madness.

And we wake up to another half a foot of snow this morning on top of the sheets of ice. They say they put the hole in the roof of the stadium so god can watch the game. I'm pretty sure this is his way of saying the game needs to be played in a warm weather city. :wacko:

Schools have been closed for the fourth straight day here in Indianapolis. Most parking lots are sheets of ice. Main roads are clear, but many side roads are not. Hopefully next year, the weather is much better this week. If we even have an NFL season.

We should just rotate Miami, San Diego, Arizona, Dallas. The NFL is bound to crap out on one of these cold weather Superbowls eventually, and maybe that will end the madness.

New Orleans should rotate between each of these cities......Miami / NO / SD / NO / AZ / NO....

Yesterday morning I went and built a snowman with my 3 year old daughter. 3 Hours after we came in for lunch 90% of the 1/2 a foot of snow was completely melted. Couldn't believe how fast it warmed up. Weather looking good so far today but another storm is headed our way from thr panhandle.

Edited by myhousekey