[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2010 Coach of the Year -- Bill Belichick

tazinib1

Seriously? Cmon man. Really? Mike McCarthy didn't receive a single vote. McCarthy led the team with the most IR players in the entire NFL to the playoffs. The East Coast Bias is getting really really old. The AP is a joke.

Edited by tazinib1

Since it is based on regular season accomplishments, I have no problem with Belichick getting the award. I mean, the Patriots aren't, in my opinion, the most talented team, but, they ended up with the NFL's best record at 14-2. He is not my favorite person in the world., but, I think he is a phenomenal coach. I think it is well deserved.

Since it is based on regular season accomplishments, I have no problem with Belichick getting the award. I mean, the Patriots aren't, in my opinion, the most talented team, but, they ended up with the NFL's best record at 14-2. He is not my favorite person in the world., but, I think he is a phenomenal coach. I think it is well deserved.

The best record is not always an indicator of the Coach of the Year...at least it shouldn't be. Look what some of the other coaches did with injuries, less talent, bounce back records, last to first in division finishes blah blah blah. Mike Tomlin did not get a single vote either. Whats wrong with THAT picture????

The best record is not always an indicator of the Coach of the Year...at least it shouldn't be. Look what some of the other coaches did with injuries, less talent, bounce back records, last to first in division finishes blah blah blah. Mike Tomlin did not get a single vote either. Whats wrong with THAT picture????

Perhaps you should look at some of the injuries the Pats suffered. Look at their d-line, the loss of Bodden, the holdout of Mankins, the loss of kaszur and Neil, losing their starting RB, Taylor, and their 3rd RB Faulk. Moss leaving. Losing gostkowski.

Did you consider these facts at all?

Oh cmon we all know stats are everything.

Bill B is an ahole but let's face it one hell of a coach. That said, I agree he's far from a runaway choice. I do know no way Tomlin should get it. That's still mostly Cowher's team and them making the SB didn't exactly shock anyone. How about Mike Smith or even Pete Carroll or Steve Spagnolo?

Edited by BeeR

Perhaps you should look at some of the injuries the Pats suffered. Look at their d-line, the loss of Bodden, the holdout of Mankins, the loss of kaszur and Neil, losing their starting RB, Taylor, and their 3rd RB Faulk. Moss leaving. Losing gostkowski.

Did you consider these facts at all?

Nope. My hatred for Belicheat is blinding.

Seriously? Cmon man. Really? Mike McCarthy didn't receive a single vote. McCarthy led the team with the most IR players in the entire NFL to the playoffs. The East Coast Bias is getting really really old. The AP is a joke.

PLAYOFFS?!?! NOT JUST THE PLAYOFFS!!! THEY'RE IN THE FREAKIN' SUPERBOWL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

PLAYOFFS?!?! NOT JUST THE PLAYOFFS!!! THEY'RE IN THE FREAKIN' SUPERBOWL FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

True enough. They are in the SB. But, I personally think it is despite his coaching. With the nucleus of their OFF players and D/ST being done by Capers the team pretty much runs on auto-pilot. But McCarthy has brain-farted on a number of occasions. He tends to "coast" late in games when they are ahead. He'd rather play "to not lose it" rather than "finish them off and play to win". GB had the most IR players and made it to the playoffs and SB, but lost a number of games they should have won. I think if they'd won more games this year in convincing fashion MM would be in the running for COY.

Personally I think Morris from TB and Carroll SEA should have gotten some votes. I think the record and what NE did against regular season opponents was enough to warrant him getting the award. It shouldn't have been that lopsided though.

Edited by Ed Hoyle

True enough. They are in the SB. But, I personally think it is despite his coaching. With the nucleus of their OFF players and D/ST being done by Capers the team pretty much runs on auto-pilot. But McCarthy has brain-farted on a number of occasions. He tends to "coast" late in games when they are ahead. He'd rather play "to not lose it" rather than "finish them off and play to win". GB had the most IR players and made it to the playoffs and SB, but lost a number of games they should have won. I think if they'd won more games this year in convincing fashion MM would be in the running for COY.

Personally I think Morris from TB and Carroll SEA should have gotten some votes. I think the record and what NE did against regular season opponents was enough to warrant him getting the award. It shouldn't have been that lopsided though.

Here we go . . .:wacko:

Besides . . . he is clearly not elite, and hasnt acted like he has "been there before"

I think the record and what NE did against regular season opponents was enough to warrant him getting the award. It shouldn't have been that lopsided though.

+1

This is what I tried to say but my Belichick hatred loused it all up.

+1

This is what I tried to say but my Belichick hatred loused it all up.

:tup:

While I think there are several better candidates than Belichick (Morris, Haley, McCarthy), I can't argue against it. The guy will go down in history as one of the best to ever coach professional football.

I guess my initial reaction is - "Yeah, I know Belichick is a good coach. He has been for years. NOW we're giving him an award for it?"

After four Superbowl appearances, you kind of expect it to go to one of the other guys :wacko:

:tup:

While I think there are several better candidates than Belichick (Morris, Haley, McCarthy), I can't argue against it. The guy will go down in history as one of the best to ever coach professional football.

I guess my initial reaction is - "Yeah, I know Belichick is a good coach. He has been for years. NOW we're giving him an award for it?"

After four Superbowl appearances, you kind of expect it to go to one of the other guys :wacko:

Actually, this is his 3rd COTY award. 02/07 (fact check) were the others I believe.

Here we go . . .:tup:

Besides . . . he is clearly not elite, and hasnt acted like he has "been there before"

:wacko: Love the Sarcasm :lol: ...getting ready for the game Sunday. BIG can of Jalepeno CHEESE and Nacho Chips. PBR to wash 'em down.

How many hours to kickoff??

What he said.

I think that the two Smith's kinda should have gotten some consideration...I mean did anyone see Atlanta securing the #1 seed in the NFC? Or see the Bears being able to do what they did this year? Remember, it ends at the regular season...and I am surprised that Tomlin also didn't get any consideration....but hey just remember these are the same AP voters that re-voted on DROY last year when Cushing got dinged with doing steroids and they still voted him as the DROY :wacko: