[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HOF Class of 2011

tazinib1

This should be a great class:

Who gets in this year? The flashy first-timers like Deion Sanders, Marshall Faulk, Jerome Bettis, Willie Roaf and Curtis Martin? Richard Dent, Charles Haley, Chris Doleman, Cortez Kennedy and Dermontti Dawson are long overdue for their rightful place in the Hall. Andre Reed has been waiting for six years and guys like him, Cris Carter, Shannon Sharpe and Tim Brown are wondering when their time is coming. "Prime Time" is a slam dunk first ballot entry. I also believe Marshall Faulk gets in as a first ballot inductee and It's almost a crime Tim Brown has waited this long.

Then you have Ed Sabol, the 94-year-old founder of NFL Films who has waited longer than anyone to take his place in the Hall (despite the fact this is his first time as a finalist). I'm not so sure Sabol gets in though. He is not a former player, owner, executive or coach. Do I believe he merits induction? Absolutely. But until there is a category for him, he should be passed on for deserving players IMO.

It will be interesting to see who the final five are and if they all make it. There are enough outstanding players in this years final 15 to garner 80% of the vote and induct 5 members. We shall see....

Edited by tazinib1

There has to be some leaks prior to the 7PM est..........post 'em if you've got 'em

I hope that one of Dirt Dawson or The Bus gets the nod, but, this is a talented class of finalists

There has to be some leaks prior to the 7PM est..........post 'em if you've got 'em

I hope that one of Dirt Dawson or The Bus gets the nod, but, this is a talented class of finalists

Not sure if there will be any leaks as the winners are treated the same way Oscar winners are lol. I'll keep an eye on twitter though.

Not sure if there will be any leaks as the winners are treated the same way Oscar winners are lol. I'll keep an eye on twitter though.

Only if you can take a break from your Packer love-fest............... :wacko:

Bettis & Dawson did NOT make the cut.............. :wacko:

:tup:

Former Pittsburgh Steelers Jerome Bettis and Dermontti Dawson were not among those selected for enshrinement in the Pro Football Hall of Fame's Class of 2011, a source has confirmed to the Post-Gazette.

Among the most popular Steelers in recent history, Bettis finished his career as the NFL's fifth leading all-time rusher with 13,662 yards and 91 touchdowns. He is second on the Steelers all-time rushing list behind Franco Harris. He also caught 200 passes for 1,449 yards and 3 touchdowns.

Bettis was a six-time Pro Bowl selection, a two-time AP first team All-Pro selection, the 1996 NFL Comeback Player of the Year, and the 2002 Walter Payton Man of the Year Award for his off field volunteer and charity work.

It was Bettis's first year of eligibility for the Hall-of-Fame.

Dawson, considered one of, if not the greatest offensive lineman in the team's illustrious history, was named to seven straight Pro Bowls from 1992 to 1998 and was a six-time AP first team All-Pro.

Dawson has been eligible for the Hall since 2005. He was one of twenty-five semi-finalists that year and in 2006 and 2007. He was one of seventeen finalists in 2008 and 2009.

The Class of 2011 will be announced live on the NFL Network at 7 p.m.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11036/11234...m#ixzz1D86EHvIi

2. Bettis & Dawson don't make the Hall of Fame

Not shocked by Bettis not getting in, but I have a serious problem with Dawson not making it in yet again. He's the best center that I've ever seen play the game, and it's a shame. Just like Jerry Kramer. How those guys continue to get snubbed is beyond reason.

Sabol needs to get in. Good Lord, he revolutionized the way they record the dang game. And for crissakes, get him in there while he's still alive. Drives me nuts when they put guys in after they die. If they are good enough then, then put 'em in while they can be a part of it.

:wacko:

The voters are complaining that the announcement is taking too long.

Via twitter: McClain_on_NFL John McClain

At the rate we're going, I'll have a birthday before the announcement. They could have introduced the committee by now, all 44 of us.

Edited by tazinib1

Dawson is legit. The Bus? Good guy, but in my mind, he's a "compiler."

Sabol needs to get in. Good Lord, he revolutionized the way they record the dang game. And for crissakes, get him in there while he's still alive. Drives me nuts when they put guys in after they die. If they are good enough then, then put 'em in while they can be a part of it.

I think it's ED Sabol, who's dead.