[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers/Packers Game Thread

Chief Dick

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the boy is in his Packers gear. He's had Packers pancakes and is running patterns in front of the TV.

I guess he's ready. :wacko:

What are "Packer pancakes"?

I think an angle that has been missed is this is the "Blue Collar" Super Bowl - steelworkers vs meat packers. Iron City vs Schlitz. Crappy Pennsylvania weather vs crappy Wisconsin weather.

What are "Packer pancakes"?

I think an angle that has been missed is this is the "Blue Collar" Super Bowl - steelworkers vs meat packers.

There is an article in the KC Star this morning about exactly this.

And Packer pancakes are regular pancakes served to a 5 year old Packer fan on Super Bowl Sunday. :wacko:

So if Pitt win #7 who cashes in with the 7-peat shirts and what is the "catch-phrase"?

7 Wondersburgh

Hmmm..."Pittsburgh, Seven-sylvania"?

I got nothin'

IMHO I think this will be a close game that comes down to one big D/ST Play.

Another factor in the equation is which Defense will rattle the other QB into making mental mistakes. Ben has been there, and AR had a rough 2nd half against 'Da Bears.

If it becomes a shoot-out I think GB has too many weapons in the air-attack.

I just think the D/ST will have the biggest impact on the game.

GO PACK!! :wacko:

After nearly two full weeks of not being able to care less about the outcome, I finally came up with a rooting interest. Pittsburgh must win. The worst possible scenario is that someday Dallas (again?) has the most rings in NFL history. Can't happen. Got my towel ready.

O.k. everyone, I'm about to log-off and start partying it up with my family. Thanks for all of the fun leading up to the game. It helped pass a SLOW two weeks.

Best of luck to the Packers fans. I truly mean this........If the Steelers were to lose to someone in the Super Bowl, I can't imagine a better organization or fan-base to lose to. I've got nothing but respect for the Packers and their fans.

To everyone else, I hope that the game is both an enjoyable and exciting one, and you win your bets / squares / etc. Enjoy the game fellow Huddlers, and if you are traveling home from parties, be careful and get home safely. :wacko:

NFLN just reported a developing story: Section in stadium with TEMPORARY aluminum seating in the upper sections has one with an issue with structural stability...NFL says. [paraphrased] that several are not fully completed and by game time most will be accommodated in their seats or relocated to similar or better seats...the seats are in the upper end of one of the end zones. [/paraphrased]

edit: and wt..h do they mean relocated to similar or better seats...Jerrah must have one he1l of a suite to accommodate all those fans that are possibly going to be unseated

Edited by keggerz

NFLN just reported a developing story: Section in stadium with TEMPORARY aluminum seating in the upper sections has one with an issue with structural stability...NFL says. [paraphrased] that several are not fully completed and by game time most will be accommodated in their seats or relocated to similar or better seats...the seats are in the upper end of one of the end zones. [/paraphrased]

edit: and wt..h do they mean relocated to similar or better seats...Jerrah must have one he1l of a suite to accommodate all those fans that are possibly going to be unseated

Seat update: source says league employees and families may be forced to give up their seats for fans that have seats in the EZ that are unsafe.

Edited by keggerz

making NFL staff that had seats give up those if the report.