[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Steelers/Packers Game Thread

Chief Dick

2. I also think the Pack will run the ball enough to keep the Steelers "honest" but in doing so I have a feeling that much of it is run right at James Harrison...Harrison isn't a slouch by any means against the run but if they can do it enough then play action should help just enough to keep him from pinning his ears back.

Also, getting double-teamed/cut etc should wear down Harrison so he's a bit less effective by game's end.

Plus I think GB might have some fun playing the old game-within-a-game we did in HS called "Manhunt" - when given the opportunity, run plays right at the biggest peckerwood on the other team and get two or three guys giving him the business every play.

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. :wacko:

Also, I'm a freaking fan, and I've got knots in my stomach. I wonder how nervous these guys get before kick-off. I know once they start playing, football is football, but, I wonder what butterflies they get going prior to kick-off.

A coupla fingers of scotch mellowed me out. A little.

Also, getting double-teamed/cut etc should wear down Harrison so he's a bit less effective by game's end.

Plus I think GB might have some fun playing the old game-within-a-game we did in HS called "Manhunt" - when given the opportunity, run plays right at the biggest peckerwood on the other team and get two or three guys giving him the business every play.

you helped expound on exactly what I was trying to say

The Emmanuel Sanders first down puzzles me. How does a player (and not just in this game, but ever), get forward progress to their furthest point forward when they went backward all on their own?

Was this challengeable? Seems like it could/should have been.

The Emmanuel Sanders first down puzzles me. How does a player (and not just in this game, but ever), get forward progress to their furthest point forward when they went backward all on their own?

Forward progress is a judgment call and not challenge-able.

I agree that on that play he got more than he should have since he was the one to go backwards on his own...if it was due to contact by the defender where he caught it then you give him that forward progress but that wasn't what happened

Forward progress is a judgment call and not challenge-able.

I know where the ball is spotted is indeed challengeable. Maybe not the forward progress aspect.

But why was he given forward progress to that point at all? He made a football move all on his own to go backward - he wasn't touched. That was a missed call IMO.

:wacko:

that was Pouncey's replacement that let the nosetackle through to disrupt that pass.

Injuries suck.

he threw the ball, that led to the pick 6. If he was sacked or threw it away there is not 7 more points on the board. He also didnt even try and look off the safety. So yea he is responsible for those points.

Ben is giving this game away now.

Edited by Living the Dream

By the way Bier, this Rodgers guy is just so non-elite. ::wacko:

Seriously!

On another note, like gb's play calling. Showing confidence in the line with run play on short yard .... I called the set up for play action on that td