[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Seating issue at Super Bowl XLV

keggerz

I posted this in the game thread but thought it deserved its own thread:

NFLN just reported a developing story: Section in stadium with TEMPORARY aluminum seating in the upper sections has one with an issue with structural stability...NFL says. [paraphrased] that several are not fully completed and by game time most will be accommodated in their seats or relocated to similar or better seats...the seats are in the upper end of one of the end zones. [/paraphrased]

edit: and wt..h do they mean relocated to similar or better seats...Jerrah must have one he1l of a suite to accommodate all those fans that are possibly going to be unseated

Seat update: source says league employees and families may be forced to give up their seats for fans that have seats in the EZ that are unsafe.

There will be many "better" seats...since quite a few people are stranded in airports not able to make it to the game. I saw a grown man (Steeler fan) crying in an Atlanta airport on the news yesterday. His name wasn't Mark, so I assumed the tears weren't real.

There will be many "better" seats...since quite a few people are stranded in airports not able to make it to the game. I saw a grown man (Steeler fan) crying in an Atlanta airport on the news yesterday. His name wasn't Mark, so I assumed the tears weren't real.

this made me chuckle

http://superbowlblog.dallasnews.com/archiv...t-400-fans.html

Incomplete installation of temporary seats in a limited number of sections made the seats unusable.

Approximately 850 fans with tickets in sections 205A, 215A, 230A, and 240A were affected and were relocated to similar or better seats.

Four hundred (400) fans in sections 425A and 430A were not able to be accommodated with seats inside the stadium. These fans will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket. The face value of these tickets are $900.

The safety of fans attending the Super Bowl was paramount in making the decision and the NFL, Dallas Cowboys and City of Arlington officials are in agreement with the resolution.

We regret the situation and inconvenience that it may have caused. We will conduct a full review of this matter.

Edited by keggerz

Jerry wanted some attendance record no one really cares about. I just wish he would hire a real GM, and let him do his job. Jerry is great for the NFL, and the Cowboys. But as an owner and promoter of the league. Not personel guy.

Whats sad is some of those people probably paid 5 times face amount to get those seats in the first place. They should get a option to buy a real seat next year at the least along with their triple face value.

Is this the fault of Jerry Jones? This is outrageous. Now the report that I just saw said that them will give people triple the face value if they can not seat them.

:wacko::tup::lol::rofl: :rofl: :bow:

I think the NFL has total control over this. So I don't think Jerry, Arlington, or the Fire Marshal is to blame. The NFL just completely messed this up.

But they are giving the 400 fans that couldn't be reseated free tickets to next year's SB. Still a bad situation and should never have happened.

I hate to hijack this a bit but I was at the game and am surprised there is not much talk of the complete mess it was trying to get into the game.

I waited in for 3 hours!!! We decided to go in early and there were no signs telling people where to go - there were mulitple lines and when you asked the security people they had no idea and would just point. They told us where to go and we waited in line for 15 minutes until we overheard someone say that this line was for peole who had special tailgating priviledges so we had to go find a different line.

We then went to where we were supposed to go and it took almost an hour and we moved about ten feet. One woman had a diebetic seizure about three feet in front of us and basically collapsed into a mud puddle. People got upset and started to actually climb over a fence and then other people who were pissed because they were gettig jumped ahead of. Also saw one woman break down and start crying because she was in line for 2 hours and then had to leave the line to use the restroom and it looked like security would not let her go in.

Absolutely the worst organization I have ever seen. I don't know who's fault that is but people were not happy.

Once we got in everything was good but not a good start to the day.

I hate to hijack this a bit but I was at the game and am surprised there is not much talk of the complete mess it was trying to get into the game.

I waited in for 3 hours!!! We decided to go in early and there were no signs telling people where to go - there were mulitple lines and when you asked the security people they had no idea and would just point. They told us where to go and we waited in line for 15 minutes until we overheard someone say that this line was for peole who had special tailgating priviledges so we had to go find a different line.

We then went to where we were supposed to go and it took almost an hour and we moved about ten feet. One woman had a diebetic seizure about three feet in front of us and basically collapsed into a mud puddle. People got upset and started to actually climb over a fence and then other people who were pissed because they were gettig jumped ahead of. Also saw one woman break down and start crying because she was in line for 2 hours and then had to leave the line to use the restroom and it looked like security would not let her go in.

Absolutely the worst organization I have ever seen. I don't know who's fault that is but people were not happy.

Once we got in everything was good but not a good start to the day.

This is on local radio today. The NFL had 4 of the 8 entrances closed off for security reasons. Sounds like a crock of crap to me. Either way the NFL is taking the blame for these screw ups with the seating, getting in and out, and even concessions running out. They order everything for this event. We heard on ESPN radio they ran out of hotdogs in some areas of the stadium before kickoff. Others said they ran out of napkins and even toilet paper in the womens restroom.

Glad I decided against going. Though I was going to watch my kid at halftime more than the game. :wacko:

:wacko:

Oh, and it is Marc

The Cowboys Stadium is taken over by the NFL and they were the reason why the lines going in were so long. Unlike during Cowboys games, they only opened half of the entrance points for security screening despite it being a larger audience than any normal Dallas game.

How they could not know a month in advance that trying to install seats out of thin air could not be done safely boggles the mind. The NFL will get sued and in turn, some subcontractor is going to be sued as well. That they went up to game time before making the unsafe call is just inexcusable. Even if you compensate those people for every penny they are out, that still falls short of adequate. Most all of those 1200 people affected had to go through hell leaving where ever they were from and getting to Dallas because of the weather. Then to have that happen?

800 were seated when they booted NFL employees out of their seats (lovely for them too) and the 400 were given $2400 per seat, free merchandise, free concessions, were allowed on the field immediately once the game was over and will be given SB 46 tickets. For the part of the 400 who were Steeler fans, it had to be a wildly bitter pill to swallow. They interviewed one family of 6 who said they spent $24,000 on the weekend to stand outside for nothing.

It is going to be a huge black-eye for the league and for Dallas even though the weather was pretty much country-wide. And it is all on the NFL really since they literally take over the venue in all facets for the game. It is sad since literally thousands of people in Dallas did everything they could to make it a great superbowl - most of them unpaid volunteers - and yet it all seemed cursed with the weather, then the seats, and the long lines in, etc..

It was a great game for once and most people had a great time there but man, those 400 were royally screwed. I imagine some attorneys drove to their offices on Sunday to begin the class action suit.

The only funny part was that the city of Dallas were idiots in not getting the team to play there and losing it to Arlington. And outside the stadium, some people with no seats were chanting "DALLAS SUCKS, DALLAS SUCKS" while they were interviewing some worker there and he said "at least they haven't figured out they are really in Arlington"

It's just amazing to me how they could close half of the gates for "security reasons".

Hey NFL: :wacko: HIRE TWICE AS MANY SECURITY FOR THE GATES AND OPEN ALL OF THEM."

This just seems so basic and yet they completely botched it.

This is not a new practice. When I went to SB 41 in Miami, I think there was only ONE entrance into the stadium. It took forever. The problems is that the area outside the stadium is also used for SB festivities, making normal entrances impossible to use. But I agree that having more access points is the answer.

This is not a new practice. When I went to SB 41 in Miami, I think there was only ONE entrance into the stadium. It took forever. The problems is that the area outside the stadium is also used for SB festivities, making normal entrances impossible to use. But I agree that having more access points is the answer.

Better communication about when to enter, where to enter for your ticket, ETC would also be very useful.

The communication and signage were non existent this year. very poorly done by the NFL IMO

Now these people are sueing for millions. Big surprise in this sue-happy day and age. I so wish the judge would tell these people to take a flying leap but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to them get money they hardly deserve. wtph? They already have tiks to next year's SB, got to stay for this one (even tho "standing room only") and $2400. What a bunch of spoiled aholes.

Now these people are sueing for millions. Big surprise in this sue-happy day and age. I so wish the judge would tell these people to take a flying leap but it wouldn't surprise me in the least to them get money they hardly deserve. wtph? They already have tiks to next year's SB, got to stay for this one (even tho "standing room only") and $2400. What a bunch of spoiled aholes.

Yeah, because the definition of a spoiled ahole is someone who traveled all that way through the snow, paid a bunch a money to watch their favorite team, only to find out the seats they bought didn't exist.

The NFL is usually so polished in the presentation of their product - this continuing PR debacle is hard to fathom. The vast majority of the displaced fans would have responded favorably to:

1. Comp the fans' expenses for SB weekend. Everything - airfare, hotel, food, transport, parking, incidentals.

2. Refund triple the value that they paid for the ticket (modification of their proposal).

3. Offer free trip to the next SB, or the SB of their choice (as now proposed).

Yes, someone will always sue if given the chance, but a deal like that would have placated >90% of the displaced fans and made the NFL look like they really cared from the very beginning.

Yeah, because the definition of a spoiled ahole is someone who traveled all that way through the snow, paid a bunch a money to watch their favorite team, only to find out the seats they bought didn't exist.

plus, they most likely spent 3 times face value on tickets anyways. Add in travel, food, and accomodations, and they are in the hole. What good does a ticket to next year's Super Bowl get you? The season may not happen. And what if your favorite team isn't in it? I understand they've now given them a ticket to ANY future Super Bowl, but you gotta read the stories of how these people were treated on game day. If I had gone through the trouble and expense of going to a SB to watch my favorite team play, and I ended up having to watch it on TV in a stadium bar, I would be PISSED!

plus, they most likely spent 3 times face value on tickets anyways. Add in travel, food, and accomodations, and they are in the hole. What good does a ticket to next year's Super Bowl get you? The season may not happen. And what if your favorite team isn't in it? I understand they've now given them a ticket to ANY future Super Bowl, but you gotta read the stories of how these people were treated on game day. If I had gone through the trouble and expense of going to a SB to watch my favorite team play, and I ended up having to watch it on TV in a stadium bar, I would be PISSED!

If my tickets were in that area I might have started a riot.

Notice the lawsuit was started by COWBOYS season ticket holders.