[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wade Phillips in Houston

First, I'd like to say this was a BRILLIANT move for Houston in that Phillips is a horrid HC, but an excellent DC. He'll add allot to this team. But my question, who do you think will embrace this new scheme the best and who will go from medicrity to a stud in a matter of a couple of games, if any at all?

BTW, I know some if not many will differ on my opinion on Phillips, but please don't hesitate to post your opinions.

I see very little of the front 7 as a good fit for the 3-4.

Have read a couple articles about Phillips comments so far and did noticed he skipped over Okoye. Otherwise (as I see it). Ryans and Cushing are too small to play ILB in a 3-4 but they are talented so it may work or they both end up like Vilma a few years back. Cushing could move to an OLB rush position but not sure he's a fit there.

They have no NT. Mario is talented and should be fine at DE but probably all but kills his top 10 fantasy value. They probably need another DE and I have no idea who the 2 OLBs will be. One should be Barwin who actually may be the only one to benefit from this move but from an FF standpoint the move stinks for us unless you are in a big-play league.

Ryans and Cushing would be a "hold" to me. Mario is a sell anyone else, mehhh. (outside of big-play leagues)

I believe Mario's IDP value takes a hit. As a pure pass rusher, he more than likely still produces 10+ sacks. But lining up in the 1 gap, he'll take a slight hit in tackles since Phillips operates a 1 gap 3-4.

I tried to get DeMeco Ryans in a few leagues and was shot down. Some times the best trades are the ones you don't make.

• 2 weeks later...