[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

RUMOR: Gruden to replace Reid

i_am_the_swammi

Being reported on WPVI-06 that it is a rumor, but with substantial legs. Former Eagle Kyle Eckle apparently Facebooked it last night, and it was backed up bu several news sources that Gruden was in town this weekend for an "unknown" reason.

If the rumor is to be beleived, Reid is considering stepping down on his own, and will be replaced by former Eagle OC Gruden. Supposed to happen Tuesday, per many of the links, as they are waiting for Lurie to get into town.

One of many links

Edited by i_am_the_swammi

I hope it isnt true. we prefer Fat Andy and his lack of the ability to win a SB as a head coach right where he is. We dont need a proven winner like Gruden to contend with

I do not want Gruden in Philly. Hell i wanted him here. Damn you Jerry....

he won't go to either place because he speaks up....both FO's want someone that won't speak up...

it's the one thing the Eagles and Cowboys have in common....they want a soft, puppet for a coach...

For all Reid's shortcomings, being a puppet wasn't something I would have ever labeled him.

I look at a puppet as someone who is the head coach for a fantasy owner who can't stop meddling...I don't view Lurie as an owner who needs a puppet :wacko:

actually....they hire people that just don't speak up....and that's under Andy, but you can tell the DC hiring was something he had no hand in because the whole FO appeared to be unprepared....