[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Browns cut 6 vets

keggerz

Posted in the IDP Forum but figured it was worthy of posting here...some solid vets the Browns are parting ways with.

DT Shaun Rogers

DE Kenyon Coleman

LB David Bowens

LB Eric Barton

On the offensive side they also cut a couple of guys:

OT John St. Clair

TE Robert Royal

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/02/09/11/Sour...amp;feedID=3724

Edited by keggerz

DET was stupid for ever letting Rogers go (and there's another DL the Colts could've had but nooooo...), but I guess he's past his prime.

Not as stupid as you think. Yes, he can be one of the ebst, when he decides to be. Key word, wants. Why pay him top 5, top 3 money when his attitude and desire are far below that ? I was surprised at first when they did, but I understood why too, having watched him in quite a few games.

The last couple years the Browns have had a rotating D Line. This was to give people breathers and keep the injury prone from getting reinjuried.

I know Rogers is a good DT but I think his age and injuries have caught up to him.

I think the one name on this list that TE Robert Royal. I thought he looked pretty good last year but it seems Ben Watson has taken over the starting TE postion

• 2 weeks later...