[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

First offseason injury

PaulOttCarruth

Whomp also has done a very very good job assembling his AOTAOP team. Without any other context any joker can chime in on a "lopsides trade" but with no other rosters being posted no one really knows the value outside of the league members.I find commenting on trades made by others in leagues (or posting trade offers for that matter) is very silly unless they are soliciting advice on a potential trade.

Whomper has traded roughly 152 times in AOTAOP and is the defending champ, so I sure as hell am not going to question any trades he does until I finish ahead of him. (why oh why did I take over ths rebuild of a team again? :wacko:)

Lets just say I have a vested interest in the team that Keg beat in the Bowl of this very league. So I am fully aware of every roster in the league, especially the team that got better in this trade.

And I am not trying to rip whomp. Im more or less trying to understand why this much was given on this particular trade, and gave my opinion of the deal. But I completely agree with Kegs assessment of the deal. He is giving up a starter in his lineup each week for alot of depth, and a weaker DE who he will start over peppers in Edwards. The bottom line is depth is a very important key to winning a title, and this deal gives Keg a ton of depth for a starter. But I also know how assets can be flipped and if Edwards has a few good games to start the season, edwards plus cash can get a player closer to Peppers production. Then the rest is gravy, depth needed in a league like this.

In a league I share with several on this site, I have been to the bowl 5 of 7 seasons, and made the playoffs every season but this last. I traded Terrell Suggs away for 2 reasons, I thought he might get flipped to LB this past season, and I thought I acquired depth at several positions that I needed help. But it cost me big time. The only season I did not make the playoffs, this past yr, I missed it by .05 pts. 180.90 to 180.85. 3 of my loses on the season were by 8 pts or less and in 2 of those Suggs would have been the difference. Instead of not making the playoffs, I win the division and make it to the League Championship round losing and then winning the next week for 3rd place. So I completely understand Kegs hesitance to give up Peppers, It happened to me first hand last yr dealing Suggs. But I also know I didnt get anything close to this amount for Suggs, and Suggs outscored Peppers in either league, mine or this one.

This thread sure took a major turn.

Dynasty teams are owned by different indiviuals and each person has their own thoughts of value and their own ways of doing things. Whomper took this team over and is putting his own "stamp" on it and as it has already been said took a team in the sister league of this and beat the 2 time defending SB champ this past season. Nobody is ever going to agree on all trades but that is what makes everyone differnet and unique. Why this even came up in an injury thread the way it did is beyond me, but hey what is done is done and to each their own.