[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bob Sanders

geeteebee

you had to know this was gonna happen. too injury prone. too much money left on that contract. it always amazes me when guys have great health and stats in the last year of a contract, get the big money, and can't stay healthy again. It stinks, because when he plays, he is awesome.

Drafting him was a move that shouldn't have happened, period. He was well known as injury prone in college. Oh well.

:wacko:

He was the DPOY, and was instrumental in the Colts title run? You can argue that re-signing him after his rookie contract was a mistake, but not drafting him.

Drafting him was a move that shouldn't have happened, period. He was well known as injury prone in college. Oh well.

Why the blatent ignorance? Guy was a man child at Iowa. Blew up everything in his way and took it to the show and was NFL DPOY at 5'8". You really can't be that stupid, can you? :wacko:

Edited by Hugh B Tool

He was the DPOY,
Yep, a great year, where he (almost) played all 16. Had one other year similar.

His next best year he had 39 total tackles and his entire career, he's played less than half of the possible games.

I'm not saying it was the worst pick ever, just that drafting a guy 2d round who is already known to not be able to stay on the field is and was at least questionable, despite his talent. Being a stud doesn't help when you're sitting on the sidelines. How many more games/playoff games/SBs might they have won if they had a quality starter who could actually stay on the field vs having to throw his schlep backup in there because he was otu? We'll never know but I stand by what I said. Maybe I should say "probably" shouldn't have been drafted vs definitely. Just not a fan of drafting injury-prone guys except perhaps with late picks (where it's all high risk anyway).

You really can't be that stupid, can you?
No but you can. For starters get someone to explain what "man child" means. Gotta love the irony there.

If Sanders is not playing in the playoffs/SB, the Colts don't come close to winning the SB. That in itself is worth the pick IMO.

Uh, yea. :wacko:

Not to mention there have been many guys picked higher than Sanders that accomplished a lot less in their careers.

Edited by bushwacked

Uh, yea. :wacko:

Not to mention there have been many guys picked higher than Sanders that accomplished a lot less in their careers.

:tup:

I could care lesss about Sanders, the Colts or what round he was taken in tbh. My point was the Colts stopped the run when he played. Yes? And they were the worst run D entering the playoffs yes? And they shut down the run on there way to a SB victory yes?? I'm not a stat guy, never will be a stat guy so somebody look it up and prove me wrong. I'll be the first to admit I'm a :lol:

Yep, a great year, where he (almost) played all 16. Had one other year similar.

His next best year he had 39 total tackles and his entire career, he's played less than half of the possible games.

I'm not saying it was the worst pick ever, just that drafting a guy 2d round who is already known to not be able to stay on the field is and was at least questionable, despite his talent. Being a stud doesn't help when you're sitting on the sidelines. How many more games/playoff games/SBs might they have won if they had a quality starter who could actually stay on the field vs having to throw his schlep backup in there because he was otu? We'll never know but I stand by what I said. Maybe I should say "probably" shouldn't have been drafted vs definitely. Just not a fan of drafting injury-prone guys except perhaps with late picks (where it's all high risk anyway).

No but you can. For starters get someone to explain what "man child" means. Gotta love the irony there.

So he missed five games in four years of college ball, collecting 348 tackles along the way and he was injury prone huh? It's not like he was Bosworth and damaged goods coming into the NFL, The reason he didn't go higher than the second round was his lack of size.

Height of a child and will mess you up like no man ever has = "man child"

:wacko:

I could care lesss about Sanders, the Colts or what round he was taken in tbh. My point was the Colts stopped the run when he played. Yes? And they were the worst run D entering the playoffs yes? And they shut down the run on there way to a SB victory yes?? I'm not a stat guy, never will be a stat guy so somebody look it up and prove me wrong. I'll be the first to admit I'm a :tup:

Um, I think he was agreeing with you. As in it is wacko to think that the colts win the title that year without Sanders. Or maybe that it is wacko to think its a bad draft pick. Although I think everyone can agree that the Colts would have been better off not signing him to that second contract but people never really know how something like injuries are going to play out so the team took the risk and got burned.

• 2 weeks later...

:wacko: George Foreman Grill!!!!

The fact that the Chargers have not approached Eric Weddle with a contract...:tup: Weddle has already said he will not take less money to be with the Chargers...we all know what that means...it means AJ Smith is pounding his fat little fists on his desk demanding everybody realize he is Boss Hog.

If the Chargers, by some miracle, retain Weddle and Sanders can play at least HALF the season, this could be an excellent 1 year shot in the dark. God knows we all know what Sanders can bring to the table when healthy so there is no debate on that.

If not, I hope this is the AJ Smith dagger for 2012.

Edited by tazinib1