[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bob Sanders

geeteebee

The guy is a human missle. If he plays the only way he knows how, he's gonna give the Chargers an opening game, and then maybe a few plays towards the end of the year - all while happily "rehabbing" and collecting ungodly amounts of money for doing so.

I had a feeling some desperate team would throw some money at a problem and take a chance on him. The guy is still fairly young and hasn't played in too many games in his career - but I don't know how many more vicious hits his arms and shoulders can take..

Edited by Shorttynaz

Weddle is key here. With those two at safety we have a punchers chance at the playoffs. I hope we can sign Weddle. I'm thinking he leaves though.

I think A.J. will sign him. He traded up to get him in the draft, and Weddle has done nothing to get booted off the team. A.J. has said many times that he wants to keep Weddle on the team. I think Weddle will get his juicy contract.

I think it's possible he looked so good on the Colts because he was about the only one on defense who could make a tackle by himself. The guy is a great talent but his body just isn't big enough to hold up to the way he plays.

This is my fear. He plays a very physical game and his body is not tough enough to take that kind of abuse. He will have to change how he plays to survive, but that will probably limit his production.

I think A.J. will sign him. He traded up to get him in the draft, and Weddle has done nothing to get booted off the team. A.J. has said many times that he wants to keep Weddle on the team. I think Weddle will get his juicy contract.

If so then all we need is an impact LB from the draft and Sanders to stay healthy. If that happens look out. :wacko:

I agree we need a LB, but if somehow JJ Watt is there, he is a no brainer.

I think he's slotted at around 1.12 to 1.15 atm. Dolphins look like a likely landing spot from what I've read so far. Maybe 1.7 if 49er's don't go safety? Shame to miss out on him.

I think he's slotted at around 1.12 to 1.15 atm. Dolphins look like a likely landing spot from what I've read so far. Maybe 1.7 if 49er's don't go safety? Shame to miss out on him.

I'm pretty sure the Dolphins go Ingram or QB.

The guy is a human missle. If he plays the only way he knows how, he's gonna give the Chargers an opening game, and then maybe a few plays towards the end of the year - all while happily "rehabbing" and collecting ungodly amounts of money for doing so.

I had a feeling some desperate team would throw some money at a problem and take a chance on him. The guy is still fairly young and hasn't played in too many games in his career - but I don't know how many more vicious hits his arms and shoulders can take..

We're still looking for an Atwater/Smith replacement.

Chargers GM A.J. Smith said on Saturday that they hope to re-sign free agent FS Eric Weddle, but insinuated they won't go out of their way to do so.

After Weddle suggested earlier this week that he would move on in a "heartbeat" if he didn't like what the Chargers offered him, Smith says the team will do the same. Although they have denied it, it sure looks like their recent signing of Bob Sanders has made the Chargers more willing to let Weddle walk this offseason.

:tup:

Here we go again. :wacko: