[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone interested in the combine?

BeeR

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Always interested.

As far as Newton, I'll be shocked if he does more than the minimum height/weight/40. The whole reason for his staged pro day was to keep scouts from putting him through typical paces, including footwork and the full passing tree.

+1billion

Does anybody have the combine schedule? Not really interested in the RB's as I think this is a fairly weak class outside of Ingram. I'm more interested in seeing the WR class this year as I think there are a more than a few that could be worthy 1st round picks.

Edited by tazinib1

Just Rich Eisen's 40.

:wacko:

It gets better every year.

Same here. Love watching him run it and it does get better. Along with Eisen's I'd love to see Deion run it or somebody else from the network who actually has some skills and could post a good time. I actually wish they could put a bunch of the broadcasters through all the drills. That'd be fun to watch.

i am interested in it because it's football-related and it's the offseason. what else am i going to do? watch the nba?
word.

i also like to see how any penn staters do but that's pretty grim this year.
:wacko: Sad but true. Are there any even project as high as the 2d round?

Re pro days, I'm surprised they haven't thinned out combines more than they already have.

Are there any even project as high as the 2d round?

Center Stefen Wisniewski is rated the #1 at his position and projected as an early to mid 2nd rounder. Besides that, nothing else is even close. Linebacker U has sadly fallen to the way side. OLB Bani Gbadyu (50) and ILB Chris Colasanti (37) are ranked far below PSU's LB average of years past. The only other player that is ranked even remotely close in his position is DT Ollie Ogbu (21) who is projected as a 7th round selection.

Center Stefen Wisniewski is rated the #1 at his position and projected as an early to mid 2nd rounder. Besides that, nothing else is even close. Linebacker U has sadly fallen to the way side. OLB Bani Gbadyu (50) and ILB Chris Colasanti (37) are ranked far below PSU's LB average of years past. The only other player that is ranked even remotely close in his position is DT Ollie Ogbu (21) who is projected as a 7th round selection.

Linebacker U is just fine. Check out Von Miller.

as much as i hate to say it, i actually think wisniewski is a bit overrated because of his name, but he'll be fine. i think ogbu will get a free agent run somewhere at a tweener DE/OLB and brackett probably as a TE. outside of of royster, i think the rest of their guys are filler players.

as much as i hate to say it, i actually think wisniewski is a bit overrated because of his name, but he'll be fine. i think ogbu will get a free agent run somewhere at a tweener DE/OLB and brackett probably as a TE. outside of of royster, i think the rest of their guys are filler players.

I must admit, I am not well studied in OL, let alone Centers. But I am not aware of any other C in this draft that will be drafted as high as Wisniewski.

I must admit, I am not well studied in OL, let alone Centers. But I am not aware of any other C in this draft that will be drafted as high as Wisniewski.

i don't think there will be. he's a good player for sure. i just don't know if he's as good as everyone thinks he is.

Does anybody have the combine schedule?

Wednesday, February 23

K, OL, TE report for interviews

**The Huddle's Combine Preview article posts**

Thursday, February 24

K, OL, TE measurements

QB, RB, WR report for interviews

Friday, February 25

K, OL, TE testing

QB, RB, WR measurements

DL, LB report for interviews

Saturday, February 26

K, OL, TE workouts

QB, RB, WR testing

DL, LB measurements

DB report for interviews

Sunday, February 27

QB, RB, WR workouts

DL, LB testing

DB measurements

**The Huddle's Combine Recap #1 article posts**

Monday, February 28

DL, LB workouts

DB testing

**The Huddle's Combine Recap #2 article posts**

Tuesday, March 1

DB workouts

**The Huddle's Combine Recap #3 article posts**

Wednesday, March 2

**The Huddle's Combine Recap #4 article posts**

Friday, March 4

**The Huddle's Mock Draft 2.0 (Post-Combine) article posts**

Pouncey is head and shoulders ahead of Wisniewski. But, I'm with you. Other than Pouncey I don't know who could go higher than Wisniewski.

as much as i hate to say it, i actually think wisniewski is a bit overrated because of his name, but he'll be fine.

Yeah, I think he'll be a starter in the NFL but won't wow anyone.

Royster is IMO one of PSU's most overrated RBs ever. I don't mean overrated as in great college/NFL bust guy. Blair Thomas probably has that locked up forever. I mean even in college people would go on and on about him and he simply wasn't great. Yeah yeah most yds ever by a PSU RB - yawn. Largely due to playing more games and lot of garbage yards/inferior Ds faced. I bet he's not even a Day 1 pick.

I'm probably more excited for this combine than any before. So many big-name QB's competing for millions of dollars over the course of the weekend. Jake Locker announced he is going to fully participate. Of course he did. If he still had millions in his future, he just lost them.

I'm probably more excited for this combine than any before. So many big-name QB's competing for millions of dollars over the course of the weekend.

I see this QB class as being mediocre at best. Even avid Newton fans admit that he's a classis boom/bust candidate. Locker has pretty much shown that he's capable of being nothing better than a slash type player. Mallet has head/character issues and responds to pressure poorly. Gabbert is going to have to make the transiton from a spread O to a pro formation - something that we've seen other talented athletes struggle badly in the transition. Ponder and Kaepernick may not have NFL quality arm strength.

QBs are going to be overvauled because there is such a shortage at the NFL level, but every one of these guys has talent that is mitigated by significant questions.