[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone interested in the combine?

BeeR

I see this QB class as being mediocre at best. Even avid Newton fans admit that he's a classis boom/bust candidate. Locker has pretty much shown that he's capable of being nothing better than a slash type player. Mallet has head/character issues and responds to pressure poorly. Gabbert is going to have to make the transiton from a spread O to a pro formation - something that we've seen other talented athletes struggle badly in the transition. Ponder and Kaepernick may not have NFL quality arm strength.

QBs are going to be overvauled because there is such a shortage at the NFL level, but every one of these guys has talent that is mitigated by significant questions.

I agree entirely (though actually am leaning towards Newton as being a better chance at boom than bust). As badly as the Niners need a QB, I'll still be so pissed if they go there with their 1st pick. Hopefully Harbaugh doesn't have the kind of ego that makes him think he can turn anyone into a good QB.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm probably more excited for this combine than any before. So many big-name QB's competing for millions of dollars over the course of the weekend. Jake Locker announced he is going to fully participate. Of course he did. If he still had millions in his future, he just lost them.

:wacko: You're a clown. So, based on your opinion above, Jake Locker would be better served to sit out the combine and let his performance during Senior Bowl week determine his draft fate?

Jake Locker will only improve his draft status by performing in the combine. There is no QB in the draft with the athleticism, speed, toughness and intangibles that Jake Locker possesses. There's no doubt in my mind that his accuracy will be improved through the teaching of proper mechanics and footwork that he will receive by the team that drafts him in the NFL. Improved accuracy can be learned. The athleticism and other intangibles can't.

For over 3 months now we have all read your continued Locker "hate". We get it. Move on.

I'll be happy to continue my position to believe in this kid.

:wacko: You're a clown. So, based on your opinion above, Jake Locker would be better served to sit out the combine and let his performance during Senior Bowl week determine his draft fate?

Jake Locker will only improve his draft status by performing in the combine

Two weeks ago, weren't you trying to convince us that Jake greatly helped his stock at the Senior Bowl? Then why would he need to do any more?

As a huge Jake Locker fan, I have to concede that he should not throw at the combine. He should format a pro-day built for him to shine. That is his only shot. He is going to be out there at the combine with 30 other QB's, every last one of which is a more naturally accurate passer than he is. There is zero chance that by throwing at the combine, he'll improve his draft status. Zero. None. Zilch. Sorry. Jake Locker simply cannot throw a football where he intends to throw it. Nothing you can say can change this fact. Sorry.

I get it. Nobody is a nicer kid or has a better build than Jake Locker. I'll happily concede that. Point taken.

"Accuracy can be learned." Just note that one for later, it will become useful.

Bronco, I'm not saying the QB's are great, which is exactly why it is compelling TV. A couple are going to step up and take millions away from some of the big names who might disappoint. The open competition for the teams in need of a QB will make it compelling to watch. A bad throw could cost you a couple million bucks. I can't remember a combine where this many players had this kind of pressure on them. I'm anxious to see who shines and who gets tight in the cheeks.

Edited by Seahawks21

Two weeks ago, weren't you trying to convince us that Jake greatly helped his stock at the Senior Bowl? Then why would he need to do any more?

If the Seahawks take a QB before the 3rd round they'd be foolish. They have much bigger needs than that. No QB's were impressive today. I wasn't impressed with Ponder either as he was lucky to not have two picks and Hankerson bailed him out early. Hankerson, Miller and Locke performed better than anyone else and improved their draft status today..

Here's my original post that I made about Derrick Locke out of Kentucky after his great performance at the Senior Bowl. Not Jake Locker :tup:

There you go again You're so he11 bent on putting down everything that Jake Locker does (and you claim to be a husky fan ) that you don't even read the post properly. I said Locke improved his draft status today .... Derrick Locke running back out of Kentucky. Perhaps you didn't really watch the game? And I'm delusional

Pay attention :lol:

Locker simply cannot throw a football where he intends to throw it

:wacko:

Edited by theprofessor

I hate to break it to you, but Locker is heading for a 3rd or 4th round selection. His stock is sinking faster than Ted Kennedy's car. :wacko:

Hate to break it to you but Jake will turn out to be the best QB selected in this draft. If you want to place your money where your mouth is I'd love to make you a wager that he goes before the 3rd. You're welcome to PM me. :tup: I'm certain I won't be hearing from you.

Hate to break it to you but Jake will turn out to be the best QB selected in this draft. If you want to place your money where your mouth is I'd love to make you a wager that he goes before the 3rd. You're welcome to PM me. :tup: I'm certain I won't be hearing from you.

You're telling me the guy with the worst accuracy out of ANY QB in this draft is going to be the best QB selected?????? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...dude..you are homer delusional, but that's ok. Hell if we didn't have delusional homers, the Jets/Giants fans at the draft wouldn't be a story. And sorry, I don't bet on silly stuff like this, but when he slips past the 2nd round, don't say you were not warned.

And BTW: Telling the world that you are interested in playing OF in the Angels minor league system if there is no CBA does not improve your draft stock.

:tup:

You're telling me the guy with the worst accuracy out of ANY QB in this draft is going to be the best QB selected?????? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...dude..you are homer delusional, but that's ok. Hell if we didn't have delusional homers, the Jets/Giants fans at the draft wouldn't be a story. And sorry, I don't bet on silly stuff like this, but when he slips past the 2nd round, don't say you were not warned.

And BTW: Telling the world that you are interested in playing OF in the Angels minor league system if there is no CBA does not improve your draft stock.

Has nothing to do with being a homer. I believe in this kid. Perhaps you need to tune in to the Combine and pay attention. Jake's stock is rising, as I said it would, not falling. Jake just ran a 4.53 - 40 as I said he would earlier in the year and blew away everyone in his interview .His accuracy issue's are correctable and teachable with the proper footwork. The intangibles that he possesses are not. Mike Mayock is on board and I'll listen to him, over you, all day long. :wacko:

Edited by theprofessor

Has nothing to do with being a homer. I believe in this kid. Perhaps you need to tune in to the Combine and pay attention. Jake's stock is rising, as I said it would, not falling. Jake just ran a 4.5 - 40 as I said he would earlier in the year and blew away everyone in his interview .His accuracy issue's are correctable and teachable with the proper footwork. The intangibles that he possesses are not. Mike Mayock is on board and I'll listen to him, over you, all day long. :wacko:

As much as I love and respect Mayock, it surprises me a great deal that he is so high on Locker (#2 on his board). But you are right to listen to Mayock over me...I'm not paid to study these kids like they are, but that doesn't mean I can't disagree...and more times than not, I'm pretty accurate.

And if you're telling me his accuracy issues are correctable, why wasn't it corrected in college? What was his college accuracy ranking again? I'm sure you know it :tup: I'm not a Locker hater so lets get that straight. He's very talented, but to say he will be the best QB in this years draft (being comparted to Jake Plummer talent wise), is...well...a bit delusional.

But hey, I was the one that said Stewart will be the best RB selected in that draft and I still believe that...so more power to ya.

As much as I love and respect Mayock, it surprises me a great deal that he is so high on Locker (#2 on his board). But you are right to listen to Mayock over me...I'm not paid to study these kids like they are, but that doesn't mean I can't disagree...and more times than not, I'm pretty accurate.

And if you're telling me his accuracy issues are correctable, why wasn't it corrected in college? What was his college accuracy ranking again? I'm sure you know it :wacko: I'm not a Locker hater so lets get that straight. He's very talented, but to say he will be the best QB in this years draft (being comparted to Jake Plummer talent wise), is...well...a bit delusional.

But hey, I was the one that said Stewart will be the best RB selected in that draft and I still believe that...so more power to ya.

Far from delusional to believe Jake will turn out to be the best QB in the 2011 draft. The future will tell us all we need to know.

Living just a driver and a 3-wood away from J-Stew he's another kid I believe in too. If he can stay healthy and can get the rock 60% of the time the kid could put up huge numbers.

Hate to break it to you but Jake will turn out to be the best QB selected in this draft.

QBs who can't make the ball go where they want it usually struggle mightily at the NFL level. He has Kordell Stewart written all over him, meaning he's going to have to be surrounded by a strong cast to be servicable as a QB at the NFL level. It doesn't mean there isn't a place for him - with his athleticism he can be a good asset on an O with a creative OC.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I hate to break it to you, but Locker is heading for a 3rd or 4th round selection. His stock is sinking faster than Ted Kennedy's car.

There's no way he sinks that far even though I have doubts about his accuracy. He'll be late 1st round or second round.

Julio Jones just leapt well into the top 10 with his turning of consecutive 4.43 and 4.39 40s. He is phenominally showing more athleticism that Green and only his lack of concentration on catching is holding him from passing Green.

2 potential franchise uber-stud WRs in this draft with a plethora of strong WRs behind them.

Edited by Bronco Billy