[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Anyone interested in the combine?

BeeR

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Julio Jones just leapt well into the top 10 with his turning of consecutive 4.43 and 4.39 40s. He is phenominally showing more athleticism that Green and only his lack of concentration on catching is holding him from passing Green.

2 potential franchise uber-stud WRs in this draft with a plethora of strong WRs behind them.

I was just gonna post this. Did you see his broad jump? My god. The only knock on Jones seems to be his seperation at the line during bump and run coverage..but how many guys are solid bump and run DB's? Revis comes to mind.

I was just gonna post this. Did you see his broad jump? My god. The only knock on Jones seems to be his seperation at the line during bump and run coverage..but how many guys are solid bump and run DB's? Revis comes to mind.

Jones is 6'-3" and 220 lbs. In college against CBs who were demoted WRs all he needed was his size & athleticism. He'll learned to beat jams at the line at the next level - with his size and strength that's almost a given. With his speed now even pro CBs can't afford to take a chance of missing him at the line - he'll open a 2 step gap in a heartbeat and beat them to any jump balls.

His 40s, broad jump, and high jump all exceeded already high expectations. This kid has the "wow" factor all over the place.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Jones is 6'-3" and 220 lbs. In college against CBs who were demoted WRs all he needed was his size & athleticism. He'll learned to beat jams at the line at the next level - with his size and strength that's almost a given. With his speed now even pro CBs can't afford to take a chance of missing him at the line - he'll open a 2 step gap in a heartbeat and beat them to any jump balls.

His 40s, broad jump, and high jump all exceeded already high expectations. This kid has the "wow" factor all over the place.

100% agreed and he's looking like a sure fire pick for the Rams..if he lasts that long that is.

FF wise, I can see him going #2 or #3 overall behind AJ Green and maybe Ingram. Unless some idiot takes Cam :wacko:

OLs, DLs, WRs, and TEs are posting crazy numbers in bunches at the combine. QBs, RBs, and DBs look down some this year. There's going to be some vets in trouble keeping their spots next year the way this is going, especially if a rookie cap goes into effect. Fairley looks like he might drop outside the top 5 now after being a lock 1.01/1.02 pick earlier.

yeah I never understood the hype of a guy with 1yr numbers. I still say Bowers is the #1 pick.

At a 4-3 DE, Bowers would be the best DL in DEN that they've had since Shanahan pissed away Pryce. It would also allow them to protect Doom more at the other DE spot, since Doom is so weak against the run. Bowers would make perfect sense and a perfect fit for 1.02

Edited by Bronco Billy

Julio Jones just leapt well into the top 10 with his turning of consecutive 4.43 and 4.39 40s. He is phenominally showing more athleticism that Green and only his lack of concentration on catching is holding him from passing Green.

2 potential franchise uber-stud WRs in this draft with a plethora of strong WRs behind them.

Agreed. JJ is a freak athletically.

Auburn QB Cam Newton was just 11-of-21 on accuracy drills at the NFL Combine on Sunday.

Newton had plenty of arm and a nice release, but he was high on most of his throws, including just 1-of-6 on 10-yard outs

Jesus H Christ. The 10 yd out is the Mendoza-line for NFL QBs. So much for that dog-and-pony show he and his agent put on last month.

Auburn QB Cam Newton was just 11-of-21 on accuracy drills at the NFL Combine on Sunday.

Newton had plenty of arm and a nice release, but he was high on most of his throws, including just 1-of-6 on 10-yard outs

Jesus H Christ. The 10 yd out is the Mendoza-line for NFL QBs. So much for that dog-and-pony show he and his agent put on last month.

:wacko:

I concur. Footwork baby...footwork.

Ingram really highstepped that 40. The time wasn't real impressive. The guys that impressed me in the 40 of the RBs were Allen Bradford (4.56 at 245 lbs), Delone Carter, Da'Rell Scott, Mario Fannin, Brandon Saine, Jordan Todman and Kendall Hunter....so far.

And Julio Jones...wow. The guy has cemented himself as the 14th pick if not higher methinks.

Edited by Trojanmojo

Funny, how easily people throw out that comment :wacko:
They do?

Not sure why you think there won't be a draft.

No way they come to a final conclusiion on all this mess before then? Honest question.

Agree this is a WR heavy RB weak draft.

Ingram really highstepped that 40. The time wasn't real impressive. The guys that impressed me in the 40 of the RBs were Allen Bradford (4.56 at 245 lbs), Delone Carter, Da'Rell Scott, Mario Fannin, Brandon Saine, Jordan Todman and Kendall Hunter....so far.

IMO....the 40 is sort of over-valued in a way for RB's. What is valuable 10yd split time. This pretty accurately values a runners "burst" speed. Alot of pro personal want to see how fast a RB can get into that 10yd level. Lets be honest, most DB's can run down the average RB...but if his 10yd split time is overly impressive, like Ingrams apparently was, they can get to and out of that 10yd zone and seperate themselves enough from the 2nd level defensive players to have hugh gains.

Another valuable drill to keep an eye on for RB's is the cone drill. A RB with a speedy 10yd split time and impressive cone drill is gonna be very explosive through the line and are guys I believe the scouts are really keying on in this day and age of the RBBC. A guy with a poor 40 but a great 10yd split and impressive cone drill time was LaGerette Blount, just to put some perspective on it.

But yeah..seeing Ingram highstep the 40 was odd. Havn't really seen that before TBH.

Edited by tazinib1

I missed this. what did he do/not do?

Besides the fact that Marcell Dareus is head and shoulders above Fairley?

The pre-combine hype over a guy that produced 1yr of stats came crashing down as expected. Projected as the #1 overall pick, Fairley could realistically fall out of the top 10. Dareus ran a 4.93 (going off memory here so forgive me if I'm wrong) but the most telling was his 1.63 10yd split. For a DT? That is freaking amazing. I believe he has locked down a top 5 pick and at the very least will be the first DT taken in the draft.