[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Arian Foster has knee surgery

keggerz

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports...nt/7442593.html

Running back Arian Foster, who led the NFL in rushing, yards from scrimmage and touchdowns, underwent minor arthroscopic surgery on his right knee today to repair cartilage damage suffered in the Pro Bowl.

Foster started in the Pro Bowl and returned from Hawaii complaining about soreness in his knee. When rest didn’t cure the soreness, his knee was scoped.

Foster would be ready to play in three weeks if this were the regular season, according to a person familiar with his situation.

I llike what the NHL did... having captains pick their own teams from the pool of all-stars. Very cool twist IMHO!

I agree but they picked them 2 days before the game which is fine for hockey. The NFL would need to do this in advance so the teams can practice together. They really just need to announce the players that made the Pro Bowl and then just either leave it at that or do a skills competition but not play an actual game.

I agree but they picked them 2 days before the game which is fine for hockey. The NFL would need to do this in advance so the teams can practice together. They really just need to announce the players that made the Pro Bowl and then just either leave it at that or do a skills competition but not play an actual game.

Do the players on the Pro Bowl team really hold practices? The thing is a joke, what is the point of practicing? If they did what the NHL did I probably would have watched it. This is one instance where the NFL could learn something from the NHL lol....

You can't compare the NFL to another major sport.

Baseball is not a violent game. You can go balls out in an exhibition baseball game if you want.

Hockey and, to a much lesser extent, basketball are violent games. But you can still have a semblance of the game if you remove the violence.

You cannot remove violence from football. Nobody wants to get violent in an essentially worthless exhibition game, so you end up with a travesty. And there is nothing that the NFL can realistically do to provide the players with incentive to get violent. Sh*tcan, I say.