[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

mallett

polksalet

marino used enough coke to kill a small horse many times over and he turned out to be one of the greatest qb's of all time.

Great obscure Robin Williams reference right there

So nothing other than a guy saying he heard a rumor of drug use? Seems legit to me. Bury the kid.

I understand what you're saying, but rumors like this that stick with kid for more than just one season usually have at the very least, an ounce of merit to them.

Has it been exaggerated at times? I'm sure of it - that's what the media does. But usually when people make these rumors up, they die pretty quickly. Mallett has had these looming questions for over a season now from what I understand.

Bury the kid? Definitely not. That's what the actual drug test is for.

But definitely proceed with caution.

I am far more concerned about his maturity level than if he smoked a couple of joints or not. The kids got a great arm, but a great arm does not a leader make.

Edited by Kid Cid

If they get a positive test on him, I'll bite, but I live in Northwest Arkansas and have not heard any of these rumors. Mallett probably smokes some Josh Gordon, but I would imagine about 60% or more of NFL players do as well.

did you know that Matt Jones was a coke head before he was busted?

and http://nfldraftmonsters.com/news/character...n-ryan-mallett/

or at least several grams.

Sometimes, i think it's a team putting garbage out so a player drops.

Mallett grew up and played hs ball about 13 miles from where I'm sitting right now. It's well locally that known that he is a heavy user.

I'll let the details on the drug stuff take care of himself, but that kid can flat-out throw a football. Very impressive stuff this weekend.

Yeah, right up until a DL starts getting after him. Then his decision making capability goes right in the toilet.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I'll let the details on the drug stuff take care of himself, but that kid can flat-out throw a football. Very impressive stuff this weekend.

Yeah, unfortunately I think that even with the rumors out there about his extra-currricular activities, there's pretty much no way now that he makes it past the first round. Vikings might need to take him at 12, or else trade down a little bit later in the first and hope to get him then.

I'd like to see him drop to the Vikings in Round 2. We like coke-heads up in here! :wacko:

I can see the Better Off Dead re-enactment as he gets off the plane - "this whole state is PURE SNOW!"

he seems smart

http://vimeo.com/20412947

I've met the kid on a few occasions, and he's always been extremely polite and personable. I don't know about his ACT or Wonderlic scores, but from watching him play at Arkansas, the kid has a pretty good football IQ. Also, he's used to taking snaps under center and he runs play action about as well as anyone I've ever seen.

People harp on him for his interceptions in big games, but in just about every one of those instances, his receivers had dropped perfect passes a play or two earlier, putting the team in a bad position. Had they not dropped those passes, he wouldn't have needed to try and fit the ball between 3 defenders 20 yards down the field.

I think he gets a bad wrap b/c his accent makes him sound like a dumba$$. But whoever drafts him will train him on how to give interview, and will probably hire a speech coach. A lot of that goes on in the NFL: guys coming out of college that can barely string together three sentences are all of a sudden "well spoken" after a year or two in the league.

If he falls to a decent all around team with a solid O-Line later in the draft, he'll be effective immediately. My only concern is that he is slight of build. Right now, one shot in the numbers from Ray Lewis or Clay Matthews would cripple him. Whoever drafts him needs to put 10 to 20 lbs of muscle on him asap.

I've met the kid on a few occasions, and he's always been extremely polite and personable. I don't know about his ACT or Wonderlic scores, but from watching him play at Arkansas, the kid has a pretty good football IQ. Also, he's used to taking snaps under center and he runs play action about as well as anyone I've ever seen.

People harp on him for his interceptions in big games, but in just about every one of those instances, his receivers had dropped perfect passes a play or two earlier, putting the team in a bad position. Had they not dropped those passes, he wouldn't have needed to try and fit the ball between 3 defenders 20 yards down the field.

I think he gets a bad wrap b/c his accent makes him sound like a dumba$$. But whoever drafts him will train him on how to give interview, and will probably hire a speech coach. A lot of that goes on in the NFL: guys coming out of college that can barely string together three sentences are all of a sudden "well spoken" after a year or two in the league.

If he falls to a decent all around team with a solid O-Line later in the draft, he'll be effective immediately. My only concern is that he is slight of build. Right now, one shot in the numbers from Ray Lewis or Clay Matthews would cripple him. Whoever drafts him needs to put 10 to 20 lbs of muscle on him asap.

what kind of accent is that?

+1,000

And these are not just talking heads. These are NFL executives making these comparisons.

Just remember that those "same" executives are using hindsight with regards to Leaf are the ones that had him "ranked" highly pre-draft.

Edited by keggerz