[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

mallett

polksalet

Mallets pro day: ran a 5.37 40yd dash (on a faster track than the combine)..easily the worst of ALL QB's hahahahaha....can you say sloth? A 26 inch vertical...WHAT!!! And a broad jump of 8'8'' Whoever drafts him better have a solid OL cause that guy is gonna be a stick in the mud.

I understand what you're saying, but rumors like this that stick with kid for more than just one season usually have at the very least, an ounce of merit to them. Has it been exaggerated at times? I'm sure of it - that's what the media does. But usually when people make these rumors up, they die pretty quickly. Mallett has had these looming questions for over a season now from what I understand.

Bury the kid? Definitely not. That's what the actual drug test is for.

But definitely proceed with caution.

You are the kind of people that convict innocent people. From a legal perspective, you scare the hell out of me.

You are the kind of people that convict innocent people. From a legal perspective, you scare the hell out of me.

What? Kyle is the LEAST person you should be accusing of something like that.

You might as well direct that statement at 75% of the posters here at The Huddle. Where there is smoke, more often than not, there is fire. Unless you are of the "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit" ilk.

Edited by tazinib1

Yes, because I walk into a courtroom with the same perspective that I use to analyze sports. :wacko:

What? Kyle is the LEAST person you should be accusing of something like that.

You might as well direct that statement at 75% of the posters here at The Huddle. Where there is smoke, more often than not, there is fire. Unless you are of the "If it doesn't fit, you must acquit" ilk.

:tup:

Figuratively, and probably literally as well in this case.

We're talking about athletes here, that for the most part, and especially at this point in their careers - are dumb kids. If this guy has a rep in his hometown of being a pothead, there's probably some truth to it.

Edited by kpholmes

One scout tells former player and current ESPN.com analyst Ross Tucker that Arkansas QB Ryan Mallett "thinks he is Eminem."

"Take what you will from that but it certainly wasn't a positive for that scout," said Tucker. So Mallett came from hard-scrabble roots, is deep into hip hop and multisyllabic rhymes, and enjoys shocking white suburban America by questioning their value system? On a serious note, it's easy to see that Eminem's rebellious attitude and drug use wouldn't fly in the NFL, which may help to explain the character issues surrounding Mallett. We just want to see Mallett vs. Slim Shady in a forty-yard dash.

Source: Ross Tucker on Twitter

:wacko:

So he's THAT guy huh?

I think the Arkansas kid will get a wake up call when he meets the big boys.

You have got to be kidding me. Kyle isn't playing lawyer, he's playing GM. That's what we're all doing. We're pretending that we're about to fork over a ton of money to a batch of kids that, history has shown deliver on that investment with less than stellar results. Go back, look at any draft class, look at how many 1st rounders flame out or, at very least don't quite cut it. The odds are rather stacked against you in terms of having this pick look good, so you leave no stone unturned. Sure, the same things surrounded Marino and he turned out great. Hell, Tom Brady went in like the 6th round. Does that mean that anyone who takes a QB before the very end of the draft is an idiot?

Also, as make-believe GMs, we, like them, can realize that, at every single level of football, the stars get away with things that the average guy doesn't. So, it is rather safe to assume that there's a decent number of allegations that don't turn into convictions vanish for less than savory reasons. Why? Because as GMs, we engage in the same damned thing once these players become our employees. Now, that doesn't mean that those brought against Mallett are certainly true. But we just know that, "if there's smoke, there's fire" applies to these types far more than it does to the public at large. Again, we've got to play the numbers here because we're about to make a very, very important decision.

So, you've got a handful of QBs, all of whom are given 1st-2nd round grades based on talent and film. Only, one of them keeps getting his name brought up with regard to drug use. Are you telling me that you don't allow that to affect your evaluation? Honestly?

This isn't the courts. As the GM for the Cardinals, you don't have to prove that Mallett is a coke head if you're going to pass on him and take Gabbard instead. You can pick whomever the hell you want for whatever reasons you want to. And, frankly, if you like their measurables the same and prefer the fact that Gabbard serves up dinner at the local homeless shelter on Saturday nights while Mallett hits the clubs, well that's a pretty solid reason. In fact, you'd have to be pretty bad at your job to ignore it. Because dude is about to be the face of your club. Wouldn't you rather have that face show up in puff-pieces about civic pride rather than with bloodshot eyes on TMZ?

Edited by detlef

You have got to be kidding me. Kyle isn't playing lawyer, he's playing GM. That's what we're all doing. We're pretending that we're about to fork over a ton of money to a batch of kids that, history has shown deliver on that investment with less than stellar results. Go back, look at any draft class, look at how many 1st rounders flame out or, at very least don't quite cut it. The odds are rather stacked against you in terms of having this pick look good, so you leave no stone unturned. Sure, the same things surrounded Marino and he turned out great. Hell, Tom Brady went in like the 6th round. Does that mean that anyone who takes a QB before the very end of the draft is an idiot?

Also, as make-believe GMs, we, like them, can realize that, at every single level of football, the stars get away with things that the average guy doesn't. So, it is rather safe to assume that there's a decent number of allegations that don't turn into convictions vanish for less than savory reasons. Why? Because as GMs, we engage in the same damned thing once these players become our employees. Now, that doesn't mean that those brought against Mallett are certainly true. But we just know that, "if there's smoke, there's fire" applies to these types far more than it does to the public at large. Again, we've got to play the numbers here because we're about to make a very, very important decision.

So, you've got a handful of QBs, all of whom are given 1st-2nd round grades based on talent and film. Only, one of them keeps getting his name brought up with regard to drug use. Are you telling me that you don't allow that to affect your evaluation? Honestly?

This isn't the courts. As the GM for the Cardinals, you don't have to prove that Mallett is a coke head if you're going to pass on him and take Gabbard instead. You can pick whomever the hell you want for whatever reasons you want to. And, frankly, if you like their measurables the same and prefer the fact that Gabbard serves up dinner at the local homeless shelter on Saturday nights while Mallett hits the clubs, well that's a pretty solid reason. In fact, you'd have to be pretty bad at your job to ignore it. Because dude is about to be the face of your club. Wouldn't you rather have that face show up in puff-pieces about civic pride rather than with bloodshot eyes on TMZ?

Why you keep bustin' on Dan Marino, yo?

You mean except Ryan Mallett, correct?

True though he didn't play ball in South Arkansas. Ultimately you have to decide why he wants to sound like a white gangster rapper from detroit or wherever Eminem is from.

True though he didn't play ball in South Arkansas. Ultimately you have to decide why he wants to sound like a white gangster rapper from detroit or wherever Eminem is from.

Thought he went to Arkansas High in Texarkana?

I'm not touching the black or white speech thing. He has an accent, and he doesn't sound like a Rhodes scholar, so call it whatever you want. But I think he has the potential to be a good pro QB if he goes somewhere with a decent to good O-line (hoping for Miami). Of course I'm an Arkansas fan, so I'm probably just being a homer.

Thought he went to Arkansas High in Texarkana?

I'm not touching the black or white speech thing. He has an accent, and he doesn't sound like a Rhodes scholar, so call it whatever you want. But I think he has the potential to be a good pro QB if he goes somewhere with a decent to good O-line (hoping for Miami). Of course I'm an Arkansas fan, so I'm probably just being a homer.

White or black :wacko: ? Just an fyi Eminem is white. That's probably big news for a hog fan. Mallett played at Texas High. That is on the Texas side. He lived on the Arkie side and thier mascot is the razorbacks. That is where uaf stole their mascot idea. He rejected the razorbacks twice, once in high school and once in college. And he is your homer hero :tup: .

White or black :wacko: ? Just an fyi Eminem is white. That's probably big news for a hog fan. Mallett played at Texas High. That is on the Texas side. He lived on the Arkie side and thier mascot is the razorbacks. That is where uaf stole their mascot idea. He rejected the razorbacks twice, once in high school and once in college. And he is your homer hero :lol: .

Nah, that distinguished honor goes the Matt Jones for all of his illustrious accomplishments on and off the field (and Dickson Street) :tup:

I guess Mallett technically played ball in Texas. Touche Mr Salet.

Nah, that distinguished honor goes the Matt Jones for all of his illustrious accomplishments on and off the field (and Dickson Street) :wacko:

I guess Mallett technically played ball in Texas. Touche Mr Salet.

the Alamo is technically in Texas.

I'm a Nashville Scrapper btw. We are rarely wrong.

Edited by polksalet