[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mike Mitchell, Oak, S

• 3 weeks later...

Full disclosure: I own Mitchell in a couple of leagues.

I like Mitchell a lot. I think Davis is just dying to start him. Davis will have to get over Huff not panning out to be a premium S, but I think he's almost there. Huff didn't sign an extension, and he wasn't even tendered before the CBA was allowed to expire. I see Branch moving to FS and allowing Mitchell to start at SS where he's going to put up some very good numbers.

Edited by Bronco Billy

The Raiders are going to try ans bring Huff back; he did a lot of things well at FS last season and has really progressed a lot over the past few seasons.

Truthfully, I can't see Branch moving to FS. A lot of what he does well is in run support and covering the TE, and the Raiders are still paying for their mistake when they played Huff out of position. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

When Mitchell DID play last season, he was usually playing in the box as a 4th LB, and Branch and Huff were often times both still on the field. That being said, the only role Mitchell can help with is SS - he isn't a great cover safety and would get eaten alive at FS.

I'd say keep him, because Al Davis loves him and will find a way to use him. But see how the offseason unfolds and what they do with that FS position. They very well could make another mistake and move Branch to FS.

The Raiders are going to try ans bring Huff back; he did a lot of things well at FS last season and has really progressed a lot over the past few seasons.

Maybe I didn't see enough Raider games, but all I can recall is something that looked like a Huff Missed Tackle Memorial followed by a How To Take Poor Tacking Angles - A Michael Huff Production. Selective memory?

Maybe I didn't see enough Raider games, but all I can recall is something that looked like a Huff Missed Tackle Memorial followed by a How To Take Poor Tacking Angles - A Michael Huff Production. Selective memory?

Before last season that's about all it looked like.

Huff wonders about Cowboys’ interest

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

Sunday, April 3rd, 2011 at 7:03 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Since the Raiders didn’t include free safety Michael Huff in their pre-lockout signing spree that included Richard Seymour, Stanford Routt and a franchise tag for Kamerion Wimbley, he is scheduled for unrestricted free agency once a collective bargaining agreement is reached or the league returns to business by court order.

The Raiders made a just-in-case (and still unannounced) signing of Hiram Eugene to a four-year contract in the event Huff ends up playing elsewhere.

Dallas is a natural for more than being Huff’s home state. Cowboys free safety Alan Ball had just two interceptions and one forced fumble in 16 starts, and the Cowboys’ new defensive coordinator is Rob Ryan, who held the same position in Oakland when Huff was drafted No. 7 overall.

If Huff had been a priority with the Raiders, he would already be under contract. The fact that he’s not doesn’t mean the Raiders aren’t interested, but are willing to see what Huff is worth on the market rather than moving decisively to set the market as they did with Seymour, Routt and Wimbley.

link