[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Any new mock drafts?

detlef

Here's one dated March 3rd. It's probably the best known mock on the web :tup:

They have the 9ers taking Gabbert. :wacko:

Alternates of Prince, Fairley and Quinn.

I saw that mock and was hoping dude was a hack because I didn't like what I saw. Then again, once I read the rationale...

1) They absolutely need a QB and, if free agency of what not holds up their ability to get a vet, then they may not have a choice.

2) At least they're unlikely to have to lay out $10 million a year for the kid as that a rookie cap is assuredly going to be a part of any agreement made in a new CBA.

3) Maybe everyone is right and the kid is special.

I saw that mock and was hoping dude was a hack because I didn't like what I saw. Then again, once I read the rationale...

1) They absolutely need a QB and, if free agency of what not holds up their ability to get a vet, then they may not have a choice.

2) At least they're unlikely to have to lay out $10 million a year for the kid as that a rookie cap is assuredly going to be a part of any agreement made in a new CBA.

3) Maybe everyone is right and the kid is special.

I think they should trade for: Josh Johnson, Brian Hoyer, Kevin Kolb, Matt Flynn, Kyle Orton, Carson Palmer, etc, with a later round pick and grab more of a "sure thing" with that pick.

I hate teams picking a QB because they need one. So many flopped draft picks....

I think they should trade for: Josh Johnson, Brian Hoyer, Kevin Kolb, Matt Flynn, Kyle Orton, Carson Palmer, etc, with a later round pick and grab more of a "sure thing" with that pick.

I hate teams picking a QB because they need one. So many flopped draft picks....

Oh believe me, I do as well. I just got the impression from that guy's website that the current hold-up may prevent them from trading for the guy.

I would certainly prefer they trade for a guy. No question.

by the way, just in case you don't have access to the paid content I will at least tell you that I have the 49ers getting Von Miller

I don't but was still able to see your link.

It's a shame that Lawson didn't work out because I thought he was a beast coming out of college. But the numbers don't lie...

I would not be unhappy at all if the Niners went that way. There's basically no NFL franchise that couldn't use another good D-lineman.

Interesting stuff. I'll stick to homer comments for now.

I do not see the Pats spending 2 first round picks on their front seven. If they keep both where they are, I would expect that one of the two be one of: O-Line, WR, CB and the other be defensive front seven.

I think CB is the least likely of those three, but I would not be surprised to see it. I mostly expect DF7 at 17 and OL at 28

There's no way Peterson or Miller makes it to the 49ers pick.

I don't agree with that at all. It's pretty rare for a LB to go so high. It happens from time to time, but it's not normal. The top 10 picks will have DE, DT, OT, QB, WR, RB most years. A DB is not terribly uncommon if the player is special. TE, LB and OG are probably the rarest. I can see Miller making it to 7 easily.

Interesting stuff. I'll stick to homer comments for now.

I do not see the Pats spending 2 first round picks on their front seven. If they keep both where they are, I would expect that one of the two be one of: O-Line, WR, CB and the other be defensive front seven.

I think CB is the least likely of those three, but I would not be surprised to see it. I mostly expect DF7 at 17 and OL at 28

with the signing of stroud I think they very well will go a different direction with their 2nd pick now