[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Randy Moss

fingfootball

The tapes don't lie. It doesn't take much to take him out of his game now. His days of being an elite receiver are done, and if he doesn't get the #1 status, he's a big baby, so he's done mentally. He worse than a quitter - he's playing in the past and has one possible asset, but who would want to put up with him prima donna approach? Why is this even an argument? He may have a few good games left in him, but the game has moved on and he can't hold any team hostage.

uh...he's been unstable since college boys....this stuff is nothing new

After originally signing a letter of intent to play college football with Notre Dame in 1995, Moss took part in a racially-charged fight at his high school that left one person hospitalized.[7] Notre Dame subsequently denied his enrollment application, but this did not stop another high-profile college football program from giving him a chance. Notre Dame officials suggested he attend Florida State due to the reputation of its coach, Bobby Bowden, for handling troubled players.[10] However, because of his signed letter of intent at Notre Dame, the NCAA considered him a transfer student, which made him ineligible to play for the Seminoles in the 1995 football season.

In 1996, while serving his 30-day jail sentence in a work-release program from 1995, Moss tested positive for smoking Josh Gordon, thus violating his probation, and was dismissed from Florida State. He served an additional 60 days in jail for the probation violation.

During the 1998 NFL Draft, Moss, who was projected as a high first-round pick,[2] was taken by the Minnesota Vikings with the 21st overall pick after a number of NFL clubs—even those in need of a WR—were concerned with Moss' well-documented legal problems.

In a 1997 Sports Illustrated article, when discussing the 1970 Marshall plane crash, Randy Moss was quoted as saying, "The plane crash was before my time. I don't try to go back in the past and say this football game is for the people in the plane crash. I've seen the burial ground. I went up there and looked at the names. It was a tragedy, but it really wasn't nothing big."

In April 1996, Randy Moss smoked a joint just prior to turning himself in to jail.

and the list could go on....

He's a great football player, or he used to be. But jesus, total lack of a good character

I personally would like to see him to go the colts. Opposite Wayne and Collie with Dallas Clark back, that would be awesome. Since the window is starting to close and Im stressing STARTING. Peyton and Reggie are not getting younger. There is enough backfield to carry the load, with Brown and Addai. It would be the spark that Moss needs not to mention enough veterans to keep him in line for a year or two.

Totally disagree. The Pats lost because their game plan sucked as did their execution. They had no answer for what the Jets were showing them and I hardly think that overfocusing on their supposed 'deep threat' would have made the difference.

+1. No way to throw deep when you can't even get the ball off because the O-line keeps jumping offsides and Brady keeps getting pressure in his face.

Terrell Owens and Randy Moss are different animals all together. I don't think TO's success gives any insight to what Moss can do. Moss doesn't have as many tricks in his bag.

Agreed. Not to mention that T.O. is a legitimate athlete. Moss would be much more effective if you were allowed to use his SUV on the field.

Only impact he'd have would be with a premium QB. He stopped "trying" to make plays back in Minnesota v1. If he ends up somewhere the QB pins it on him like Brady did he could still cause some damage. I'd love seeing him in Green Bay or New Orleans.

I think Al Davis is most deserving of his mental talent. Especially if it lightens Al's wallet by 6000 condoms. :wacko:

This thread feels like dejavu before the 2007. "Moss is done. 3 TDs is the lowest he has every caught."

Moss did just fine with Kerry Collins in Oakland... until he didn't feel like it anymore...

Way to remember the past. His numbers with Collins/Brooks were the lowest of his career for a full season.

Edited by WaterMan

Way to remember the past. His numbers with Collins/Brooks were the lowest of his career for a full season.

I watched every game. I watched him stop trying to make plays on the ball.

He had lousy seasons because he flat out quit on the Raiders.