[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Auburn and Arkansas pro days tomorrow

tazinib1

As much as I don't agree, there is growing speculation that Rivera and the Panthers, will indeed, take Cam Newton with the #1 overall pick in this years draft. I hate the prospect of this pick with a passion for obvious reasons.

I still think Bowers is the way to go....but the Panthers havn't called me yet to ask me my opinion. Still waiting on that.

It will be interesting to see who attends who's pro day. Ron Rivera is reportedly attending Cam Newton's pro day over Mallets.

Hopefully he is going to see Fairley and not Newton. Not that I think Fairley goes #1, but I think it would be a better value than newton. If they do draft Newton they will have a good shot at getting Luck next year.

Which one would you rather watch? I'd have to go with Newton. I'm 100% sure that Mallett is going to light it up, but I'm anxious to see if Newton can improve on this combine performance.

Which one would you rather watch? I'd have to go with Newton. I'm 100% sure that Mallett is going to light it up, but I'm anxious to see if Newton can improve on this combine performance.

:wacko:

Yeah he ran a 5.37 40yd dash..easily the worst of ALL QB's hahahahaha....can you say sloth? A 26 inch vertical...WHAT!!! And a broad jump of 8'8'' Whoever drafts him better have a solid OL cause that guy is gonna be a stick in the mud.

:wacko:

Yeah he ran a 5.37 40yd dash..easily the worst of ALL QB's hahahahaha....can you say sloth? A 26 inch vertical...WHAT!!! And a broad jump of 8'8'' Whoever drafts him better have a solid OL cause that guy is gonna be a stick in the mud.

What kind of combine numbers do you think P Manning would turn right now?

Lack of athleticism isn't Mallet's problem. Proper scheming can compensate for that.

Lack of athleticism isn't Mallet's problem. Proper scheming can compensate for that.

I'm fully aware of that :wacko:

Please don't utter P.Mannings name and Malletts in the same breath again BB. It made my skin crawl.

Edited by tazinib1

:tup:

Well, who could argue that logic.

2010: Clausen 2.16

2011: Newton 1.01

2012 Luck 1.01

One of those guys surely will stick :wacko: If there is one offense that Cam would have an impact in immediately it would be Carolina. Kind of like VYoung in Tennessee (spread QB with solid running game). They have a pretty good run game when their line is healthy. If I was Ron Rivera I would play it safe and take a D lineman or trade down for picks.

Um, well apparently it's one of them if those numbers are correct. Great, so it's not the worst of his potential issues and yet, the numbers really jump off the page as being pretty bad. Not sure why that should come off as reassuring to anyone.

But, hey, if being slow and unathletic works for one of the greatest students of the game, why shouldn't it work for a guy who's dedication has been questioned and has been prone to mistakes as well.

I'm certainly no GM, but when assessing a QB, 40 time, shuttle, vertical, broad jump or whatever other measurable athletic trait you could think of would not even encompass 1% of what I'm looking for in a QB. It is more than fair to have doubts about Ryan Mallett and his future, but these measurable traits shouldn't even enter into the equation when three of the top 4 QB's of this era are Manning, Brady and Warner, and the majority of the busts at the position have been guys who saw their stock rise because of their athleticism.

Edited by Seahawks21