[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFLPA May Be No Longer

WJW

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a favorable offer if the owners aren't lying about the numbers, right?

Several sources said the NFL was making negotiations, and were still negotiating when the NFLPA decertified... While looking the owners in the eye. Who sounds more trust worthy? The Owners were negotiating, the NFLPA was just biding time until decertification and litigation. Ginsu them.

Got this off another website . . .

"The union left a very good deal on the table," the NFL said in a statement. "It included an offer to narrow the player compensation gap that existed in the negotiations by splitting the difference; guarantee reallocation of savings from first-round rookies to veterans and retirees without negatively affecting compensation for rounds 2-7; ensure no compensation reduction for veterans; implement new year-round health and safety rules; retain the current 16-4 season format for at least two years with any subsequent changes subject to the approval of the league and union; and establish a new legacy fund for retired players ($82 million contributed by the owners over the next two years)"

So it came down to the owners not wanting to open their books up?

Not exactly. Players want to keep the percentage of revenue they get the same. League wants to decrease that percentage, saying the financial trend for teams is not good. Players say they can agree to a lower percentage if the league "proves" what they are saying. League is not required to show the union their books, and won't. And here we are.

IMO, the whole "show us the books" position was just a negotiating strategy to keep the percentage as high as possible since the union knew the league would never open their complete books to them. They viewed that as some of their leverage.

It's all about the revenue split.

Several sources said the NFL was making negotiations, and were still negotiating when the NFLPA decertified... While looking the owners in the eye. Who sounds more trust worthy? The Owners were negotiating, the NFLPA was just biding time until decertification and litigation. Ginsu them.

Is that a yes or a no?

No. The owners were negotiating and offered a very favorable proposal to the players. De. Smith and the NFLPA feeling like that already have Doty in there backpocket put them in a position where they didn't want to negotiate a fair/equal CBA, they wanted to get as much as they can.

Megalomaniac D. Smith is the reason, not the owners or players.

Fixed for accuracy.

The players appointed him. He represents them. Then you have Dbags like Drew Brees running his mouth on Twitter. He's just as guilty to me.

Maybe true. But it has been my belief all along that no matter what the league did Smith was aiming for decertification. The league could have caved on everthing and Smith would have found something to get to what he wanted for the union.... decertification.

Here is a question for anyone with knowledge on the lockout...

What if the league does not lockout the players, which would block Brees/Manning/Brady from filing anti-trust paper work?

With no CBA in effect, couldn't the owners make up there own rules/wage scales and what not? If they're not breaking any CBA, how could they not do this?

Maybe true. But it has been my belief all along that no matter what the league did Smith was aiming for decertification. The league could have caved on everthing and Smith would have found something to get to what he wanted for the union.... decertification.

The players had several other candidates to choose from after Gene Upshaw died. I remember reading a write up on all of the potential replacements, and his was pretty much being a dbag and unwilling to give an inch. Like I said before, the 9 Ionic Breezes, along with Roddy White and any other player that's bitching, I root for their absolute failure from here on out. They elected him, they also had Charlie Batch, Jeff Saturday and a lot of other player reps in the room. They all followed the union line. Screw them.

The players had several other candidates to choose from after Gene Upshaw died. I remember reading a write up on all of the potential replacements, and his was pretty much being a dbag and unwilling to give an inch. Like I said before, the 9 Ionic Breezes, along with Roddy White and any other player that's bitching, I root for their absolute failure from here on out. They elected him, they also had Charlie Batch, Jeff Saturday and a lot of other player reps in the room. They all followed the union line. Screw them.

Will you stop playing semantics and just tell us how you REALLY feel? :wacko:

And anarchy has begun...

Pro Football talk has said that One immediate consequence of decertification, Ive already received an email saying the NFLPA is discontiniuing its agent regulation system.

wingoz trey wingo

RT @realfreemancbs: That didn't take long...NFL agent to CBSSports.com: "One of my clients said another agent is already trying to poach him

22 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Edited by piratesownninjas

And anarchy has begun...

Pro Football talk has said that One immediate consequence of decertification, Ive already received an email saying the NFLPA is discontiniuing its agent regulation system.

wingoz trey wingo

RT @realfreemancbs: That didn't take long...NFL agent to CBSSports.com: "One of my clients said another agent is already trying to poach him

22 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Sweet!

Here is a question for anyone with knowledge on the lockout...

What if the league does not lockout the players, which would block Brees/Manning/Brady from filing anti-trust paper work?

With no CBA in effect, couldn't the owners make up there own rules/wage scales and what not? If they're not breaking any CBA, how could they not do this?

I will be calling the Chiefs front office on Monday to see if they need a new goal-line TE.

Will you stop playing semantics and just tell us how you REALLY feel? :tup:

:wacko:

It just kills me to see people out of work, trying to find work, or really struggling to make ends meet. Football is one of those things that lets people escape the BS that goes on in the real world, if only for a little bit. To see the Owners cave a little and try to get something done, only to have DeBag Smith have his fingers in his ears screaming really rubs me the wrong way. The owners know this is bad for everyone, and gave up some to avoid this. Now the NFLPA is acting like a bunch of kids. Hopefully a lot of the jackass players that spend 10 grand on rims are completely broke in a few months, and Smith hsa no choice but to cave. I disliked Gene Upshaw and though he was the devil of the NFL... It turns out that I was completely wrong.

DeBag Smith=Fail

Rodger Goodell=Fail.

I will be calling the Chiefs front office on Monday to see if they need a new goal-line TE.

Not exactly what I meant, but I'll put a call into Ted Thompson.

I'm talking about lowering the vet minimum, killing the salary floor, and putting whatever rookie cap in place that they want. I know it won't happen for whatever reason, but I'm wondering on what grounds would they be in the wrong? With no CBA and no Union, where would they be at fault?

MINNEAPOLIS — MVP Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are among the players who have filed an antitrust lawsuit against the NFL to prevent a lockout.

Just after the players’ union decertified Friday, the players filed suit against the NFL in U.S. District Court, seeking class-action against the league. They also filed a request for an injunction that would keep the NFL and the teams from engaging in a lockout.

The collective bargaining agreement with the league expires at the end of Friday.

Also included in the lawsuit are Vincent Jackson, Ben Leber, Logan Mankins, Brian Robison, Osi Umenyiora, Mike Vrabel, and Texas A&M linebacker Von Miller, who is entered in this year’s draft.

The players allege that the NFL conspired to deny the players’ ability to market their services.