[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

To all the NFL fans out there...

Chief Dick

I extend the invitation to join the 2011 Kansas City Royals bandwagon. This is the year that they finally make the playoffs and make a run for the World Series. Let's show those bassturds in the NFL that there is something good and pure to root for this year.

Let's Go Royals!!!!!

:wacko::tup::lol:

Sorry, I'll have to see the last 10 years' audited financials from both you & the Royals before I can consider your offer.

:wacko:

Actually, you don't think people should have the right to do that. You think you should be told it's a good deal and forced to attend.

Actually, you don't think people should have the right to do that. You think you should be told it's a good deal and forced to attend.

1) It's privately held businesses for the overwhelming majority of the teams. Employees have no "right" to see the books.

2) If the players really were concerned about this, the financials could easily be interpolated through a set of books that are open to the public every year for the past few decades. The Packers are publicly owned and are required to disclose full financials each and every year.

3) The NFLPA obviously had no intention of bargaining.

4) If someone paid me $2M for 3 years work, after which I was fully vested in the pension and I had fully paid health care as well as all sorts of other benefits, IT IS A GOOD DEAL!

5) Duh

Edited by Bronco Billy

1) It's privately held businesses for the overwhelming majority of the teams. Employees have no "right" to see the books.

2) If the players really were concerned about this, the financials could easily be interpolated through a set of books that are open to the public every year for the past few decades. The Packers are publicly owned and are required to disclose full financials each and every year.

4) If someone paid me $2M for 3 years work, after which I was fully vested in the pension and I had fully paid health care as well as all sorts of other benefits, IT IS A GOOD DEAL!

5) Duh

Stop hijacking the Royals bandwagon thread . . . . . . you Chia Pet.

So the packer's books make you think the players should give up 1b and play 2 more games per season? Please explain how you came to that conclusion. TIA

I'm pretty sure knowbody saw the books when it went from 12-14 or 14-16.

Go PADRES!!

So the packer's books make you think the players should give up 1b and play 2 more games per season? Please explain how you came to that conclusion. TIA

The NFL withdrew the 18 game schedule.

The owners offered taking another $500M, not $1B. A substantial part of that additional $500K would go directly to retired players. Costs are going up for owner - taxes are up, fuel prices are up (travel costs), insurance costs are up, wholesale costs are up. The reductions to the rookie salary cap go directly to current players as well as former players.

You can't show me that the owners would pocket an additional dime over last year given the above. You also can't show me that the players would make any less - in fact, it is much more likely that the salary cap figure would rise for next season, meaning with the 1st round rookie cap that the vets are in line to get solid increases in their compensation. The players would be getting more time off for that additional compensation.

Not only can I not figure out what your complaint is, but it appears you have little to no factual basis for your position.

YWIA.

Go Rockies!

5) Duh

It's refreshing to know you are the highest authority on these negotiations. I take it you were in attendance at the meetings. We get it you blame the players but do we have to read the same thing over and over from you? The owners have been talking lockout for months if not years but their intention is to bargain in good faith. Yeah right. There is no way these owners are losing money. If they are they should get out of the business.

Edited by smithjam

It's refreshing to know you are the highest authority on these negotiations. I take it you were in attendance at the meetings. We get it you blame the players but do we have to read the same thing over and over from you?

When people don't listen, yes. You of all people should know the drill SmithJam.

I extend the invitation to join the 2011 Kansas City Royals bandwagon. This is the year that they finally make the playoffs and make a run for the World Series. Let's show those bassturds in the NFL that there is something good and pure to root for this year.

Let's Go Royals!!!!!

WADR, your Royals can take your gift from Don Denkinger and, well... I'm sure you get the idea. :rofl:

Signed,

Fan of the 10-time World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals

When exactly does ESPN officially change over to the Yankees and Red Sox network anyway? When we set our clocks forward this weekend?

Um...this is the Royals thread. Not the whatever the hell you guys are fighting about thread.

Who wants some Josh Hamilton?

Fixed

Good luck beating my Yankees, we have a tad bit more experience with playoffs/world series.

My Texas Rangers will sit you down again. Although I think Beantown is going to kill us all.

It's refreshing to know you are the highest authority on these negotiations. I take it you were in attendance at the meetings. We get it you blame the players but do we have to read the same thing over and over from you? The owners have been talking lockout for months if not years but their intention is to bargain in good faith. Yeah right. There is no way these owners are losing money. If they are they should get out of the business.

If you know better, please enlighten me. Tell me where I've posted false details. If you show me where the union put reasonable negotiating positions on the table and the owners simply ignored them and then walked out, I'll listen.

I'll wait.