[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Am I the only one who's not angry about this CBA stuff?

Swiss Cheezhead

I havent followed it one bit. I dont even know what they are fighting about and I dont care. I just think with all that $ on the table they will get er done and if they dont, its just another year the Eagles dont get a super bowl ring.

+1 to an extent. Any lost games would really suck, so I'm kinda keeping track of what's going on.

But I tell ya, some of this board's blowhards are really lovin' it. As the wise Butt-Head once said... "words... uhh... words.... "

+1 to an extent. Any lost games would really suck, so I'm kinda keeping track of what's going on.

But I tell ya, some of this board's blowhards are really lovin' it. As the wise Butt-Head once said... "words... uhh... words.... "

Bite me.

I could use a year off from the nagging, daily stress that is fantasy football, so I say let 'em fight it out all year long. A year off might be good for everyone so we can all take stock and realize what is really important in life. You all have said it well, so I won't rehash that yes, there are much worse things happening in the world right now. The worst that can happen to me from all of this is I have one less distraction getting in the way of quality family weekend time... so.... I say bring it on.

Of lesser importance, and slightly humorously, my wife is so not into football and has no idea that football might not happen this fall... and I could just tell her I'm taking a year off from fantasy and the NFL to be Super Dad, and that would just make me look awesome! :wacko:

I'm getting very close to walking away from the NFL and FF. I was a RABID baseball fan, I mean fanatical, but after the roiders crashed the record books and made Cooperstown a joke, that was the last straw and I wakled away. I just might do the same thing with the NFL. I have had enough of all of these greedy scum bags.

I'm getting very close to walking away from the NFL and FF. I was a RABID baseball fan, I mean fanatical, but after the roiders crashed the record books and made Cooperstown a joke, that was the last straw and I wakled away. I just might do the same thing with the NFL. I have had enough of all of these greedy scum bags.

I was the same way with baseball, die hard, couldn't get enough.  Besides the steroids, I think the free agency is out of control and the lack of a salary cap is asinine.   I still enjoy going to games with a bunch of people on a Saturday night, but I can't really take the sport seriously.

I can't get enough NFL though.  I'd put ketchup on it and eat it if I could.  The action, the athleticism, the drama, the strategy, the urgency and importance of winning each game.  The way they have it set up now to me is just about perfect.  I think there should be a rookie salary cap and I think it's important that the retired players have world-class health coverage.  Other than that, these are businessmen negotiating a contract and whatever they ultimately decide is not going to affect me personally. If the season is impacted, I'll be really pissed and disappointed as a fan and FF player, but I won't have trouble finding something to do on Sundays.

The outrage over the obscene revenues is amusing to me.  We all support the game by watching on TV, which leads to higher ratings, which sells an assload of beer, cars and shavers.  The networks pay billions for the rights to carry the games, which they can afford to do because of all that ad revenue.  It's all very transparent, there is no great mystery to it.  If you just fundamentally believe that the owners and/or players don't deserve the revenue they generate, then don't watch.  Of course that doesn't happen because football is awesome and humans act in their own self-interest. We will never all agree to give it up, because we don't believe everyone else will, and no one wants to be the one loser depriving himself of the entertainment.

:wacko: @ all you guys threatening to walk away from the NFL. You gotta be kidding me...yeah I'm talking to YOU Beer,Detlef, Rovers and all you other lying PENNY LANERS. I can guarantee....100% guarantee, that when this all gets resolved, you guys will be right back where you belong. Glued to the tube on Sunday. You guys crack me up.

Edited by tazinib1

after the roiders crashed the record books and made Cooperstown a joke, that was the last straw

yep - I still want to buy that guy a beer who put an asterisk on the home run record baseball.

:tup: @ all you guys threatening to walk away from the NFL. You gotta be kidding me...yeah I'm talking to YOU Beer,Detlef, Rovers and all you other lying PENNY LANERS. I can guarantee....100% guarantee, that when this all gets resolved, you guys will be right back where you belong. Glued to the tube on Sunday. You guys crack me up.

:wacko: I haven't been "glued to the tube on Sunday" for probably longer than some of you have been alive. I watch sporadically and now mostly due to FF and if anything of even modest interest is going on (cookout @ a friend's, winefest, etc) the NFL comes in last. I can always check my FF scores later.

College ball blows the NFL away and is plenty for me. Players are far more mature, for starters.

:wacko: I haven't been "glued to the tube on Sunday" for probably longer than some of you have been alive. I watch sporadically and now mostly due to FF and if anything of even modest interest is going on (cookout @ a friend's, winefest, etc) the NFL comes in last. I can always check my FF scores later.

College ball blows the NFL away and is plenty for me. Players are far more mature, for starters.

racist