[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NFLPA orchestrating draft day boycott

Cunning Runt

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The "kids" are 22, at least most of them. There might be some that still ask Daddy what to do but I would hope not.

Were you, at the age of 22 all knowing and never needed any advice? To this day I still ask my fathers advice on things. My point, which you seem to miss is that this is about the 22 year old, and the biggest thing to ever happen in his career. It will only happen once, and only 10 or so 22 year olds get the chance a year. It's crazy that the NFLPA would agree to drastically cut rookie saleries in the CBA negotiations, then try and take this away from them.

Coddled wussy athletes might be. Most normal people are not.
Guess its your perspective on things at age 56 I think of 22 year olds as kids.Nothing wrong with being a kid at 22 your just starting out.I think missing out on draft day for these kids is an injustice its going to deprive them of a great memory.I do agree with you on the pampered part they have been most of their lives and its a shame because they don't have a clue about real life.Just as most of the veterans in all of the major sports don't thats why I hope this backfires on them.

Guess its your perspective on things at age 56 I think of 22 year olds as kids.Nothing wrong with being a kid at 22 your just starting out.I think missing out on draft day for these kids is an injustice its going to deprive them of a great memory.I do agree with you on the pampered part they have been most of their lives and its a shame because they don't have a clue about real life.Just as most of the veterans in all of the major sports don't thats why I hope this backfires on them.

:wacko: Ursa is 54 and was a lifer in the Army.

It's crazy that the NFLPA would agree to drastically cut rookie saleries in the CBA negotiations, then try and take this away from them.

It's definitely an odd position, and a PR black eye no matter how they try to spin it. But seeing as part of the lawsuit Brady et. al. are bringing against the league is that the draft is evidence of the NFL's monopoly, it's one they pretty much have to take. Not that they can put much teeth behind it, seeing as the players aren't members of the trade association until they sign a contract with a team. But as the article from Bleacher Report put it today, it would be like suing McDonalds for causing your obesity, then having a Big Mac.

Scrw em. I don't watch the draft to see the players anyway. Who gives a SHAM WOW! if thet are not there. Of course it was rather ammusing watching dipSHAM WOW! squirm and his gold digger slump.

Fixed for accuracy.

For us fans, I think most of us couldn't care less. But from an NFL players perspective, I don't think it's right to ask them not to participate. It's their equivalent of asking a college student not to walk for his Masters graduation.

I was. I'm convinced that I have gotten progressively stupider as I have aged, since I knew everything from the age of about 16 until I was about 24.

Well, it's a good thing you're back to knowing everything again. That must be a relief.

PM January s Senior Bowl practices. He should be 100 percent. NFLPA executive George Atallah insists that the players association is not encouraging a boycott of April's draft by top prospects. "The NFLPA is not asking anyone to 'boycott' anything," said Atallah. "The NFL Draft is special. Players and their families will be in New York City. It just may be different (this year)." The NFLPA's stance is that it's encouraging elite prospects not to attend, because it doesn't want them hugging Roger Goodell on stage. Goodell works on the owners' side.

Seriously??????

Speak for yourself, I find anger to be delicious.

:tup: Classic.

Modern day slavery.

:lol:

What a dumbass.

No kidding. I would love for people who make comments like this to be forced in to as close a scenario as what they are depicting for one week for some real clarity. I'm not drafting Peterson now... :wacko:

Not one of you would feel obligated to go to a work related function under these uncertain lockout conditions, regardless of who you feel is right in this...

Maybe not obligated, but a trip to NYC on their dime? Count me in, and F anyone that "encourages" me to do otherwise.

So the "NFLPA" is encouraging players not to attend the draft...that would be the same "NFLPA" that seems likely to agree to a rookie salary cap of sorts...but that same group is telling you not to go to the draft...just a little thing that make you go hmmmm

Edited by keggerz