[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Panthers to hold out private workout for:

keggerz

7 of the first 12 teams on the clock are pretty desparate for a quarterback. No way the best pure passer in the draft makes it past all of them, regardless of anything else in his past.

Being desperate for a QB doesn't mean you draft a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder in the 1st round (unless you are Josh McDaniels, of course, and pissed away a guy who threw for 4500+ yds in a season shortly after he had entered the league).

Being desperate for a QB doesn't mean you draft a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder in the 1st round (unless you are Josh McDaniels, of course, and pissed away a guy who threw for 4500+ yds in a season shortly after he had entered the league).

I'll give you 10/1 on any amount of money you can come up with that Mallett goes before the late 2nd.

I'll give you 10/1 on any amount of money you can come up with that Mallett goes before the late 2nd.

Whoa Nelly, there. There's a hugh difference between going 1.12 or earlier or going late in rd 2. I could probably live more than a few years on just that difference, even under the proposed new rookie cap. What happened?

Whoa Nelly, there. There's a hugh difference between going 1.12 or earlier or going late in rd 2. I could probably live more than a few years on just that difference, even under the proposed new rookie cap. What happened?

He's starting to listen. And i'd hedge a bet that SHAM WOW! will be breaking in his house when Ponder is selected before him.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say literally three posts ago that he is a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder? If you really believe that, wouldn't you take it at 10/1?

Edited by Seahawks21

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say literally three posts ago that he is a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder? If you really believe that, wouldn't you take it at 10/1?

I've said that as well. Wanna sig bet? I'm a poor ass.

I think he could go early second, however, depending on what the QB hungry teams do in the 1st.

I've said that as well. Wanna sig bet? I'm a poor ass.

I think he could go early second, however, depending on what the QB hungry teams do in the 1st.

I'm not sure it is worth either one of us having a Ryan Mallett sigline, but if you think of anything fun....IT IS ON!!!

If I may:

On one side we have Seahawks21 who thinks Mallet will be gone by 1.12 and nearly certain he'll be gone by 1.25.

On the other, we have Bronco Billy who thinks he's a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder.

If I had to guess, given Seahawks21's stance, he'd wager even money on something closer to what he's pretty sure that's going to happen like, say, even money he's gone by 1.12 and maybe slight odds on a reasonable amount of money that he's gone by 1.25. But, because he thinks Bronco's claim is so out of line, he'll offer 10:1 on any amount Brocno wants that Bronco is wrong on this. That's not a bet one offers for something that you're nearly certain will not happen. That's an offer you make for something that you are 100% absolute will not happen.

Seahawks? Is this a fair representation of your stance?

If I may:

On one side we have Seahawks21 who thinks Mallet will be gone by 1.12 and nearly certain he'll be gone by 1.25.

On the other, we have Bronco Billy who thinks he's a late 2nd/early 3rd rounder.

If I had to guess, given Seahawks21's stance, he'd wager even money on something closer to what he's pretty sure that's going to happen like, say, even money he's gone by 1.12 and maybe slight odds on a reasonable amount of money that he's gone by 1.25. But, because he thinks Bronco's claim is so out of line, he'll offer 10:1 on any amount Brocno wants that Bronco is wrong on this. That's not a bet one offers for something that you're nearly certain will not happen. That's an offer you make for something that you are 100% absolute will not happen.

I understand his stance perfectly. I'd prefer if he would explain his rationale, though.

I absolutely think that there are a couple of teams that could address other needs early in rd 1 and take a risk of Mallet's 5 cent head for the reward of his $1M arm early in rd 2. But every team in the NFL saw what Jeff George brought to the table. They saw JaMarcus Russell throw the ball 70 yds from a knee and then saw his mental capacity for the game. That has to have that in the back of their minds when they evaluate this kid. The mental aspect of playing QB is every bit as important as the physical aspect in the NFL, and that's clearly Mallet's weakness. That will drop him just as surely as an inability to throw a 10 yd out.

If I may:

I feel my stance has now been represented fairly.

As strongly as I feel Mallett will be gone in the first 12 picks, I wouldn't go anywhere near 10/1. If you feel so strongly that he won't go in the top 12, we can figure something out. I was merely pointing out that I felt your statement was a bit absurd. If you feel mine is as well, make me an offer.