[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NCAA Tourney Talk

Cunning Runt

Apparently in the NIT the NCAA doesn't use the "when the whistle is blown and time lapse after" rule. In the Wash St. vs Nwestern game moments a go a foul occurred with 0.2 seconds and the whistle apparently happened after the buzzer, however the Wash St. player went to the line after booth review with 0.2 seconds on the clock.

Of course the Wash. St. player choked the free throws, so while the NCAA apparently isn't consistent in how they utilize the rule, Washington players are apt at clinching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I had exactly the same thoughts watching the end of that game -- and I was annoyed that the announcers didn't bring it up.

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:Ahem:

(With apologies to Timmypg)

OOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooo

We don't give a damn for Duke University

Duke University

Duke University

We're from Carolina!

We're from CA RO LI NA

We're from CA RO LI NA

We're from Carolina!

Props to the Aztecs who surpassed everybody's wildest dreams. Congrats on an amazing season. Sweet 16..wow..did not see that coming. I see nothing but good things on the horizon.

They gave it a good run and were competitive. The two technical fouls were stupid mistakes and cost us points and momentum. Also the incredibly poor foul shooting was uncharacteristic for a team that made 9 out of 9 against Temple last Saturday.

Still....a great year!!! :wacko:

I'm looking forward to tonight's games but I'm especially looking forward to the AZ-UCONN game Saturday. Walker v Williams will be great.

I didn't think that Duke would be in the final four. But after the talk of their point guard returning to action, I changed a few brackets to have them in it. But I thought that Texas or in some cases SD State would be the team to beat them so that didn't work out so well anyway. :wacko:

Edited by MikesVikes

Duke and UNC are just as capable of losing their next game, as FSU is capable of winning theirs. So, it becomes sort of a parlay situation of sorts... Any of the three bets could look very good, on their own, but put all three together, and the odds of winning become significantly less. If I had to pick which was more likely, between all three winning and all three losing, I'm not sure which I would like more, to be honest.

You know, its funny, when you posed this, I immediately said to myself "I'll take the three for the win, because it's more likely that UNC and FSU will win than it is likely that Dook will lose.

I love this first game with North Carolina dominating the first half with a 25 point lead.

Halftime Score:

North Carolina 40

Marquette 15

Kansas was dominating the same way...but Richmond has gone on a 11-2 run to cut the lead to 15.

Congrats to the North Carolina Tarheels for making it to the Elite Eight. Not too many people thought the Tarheels would be here, except a lot of us fans. This team is young and has lost a lot of players since last season. I'm extremely impressed with this team's phenomenal growth throughout the season. GO HEELS!

Edited by electricrelish