[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Draft Magazine player comparisions

Zooty

I picked up Lindy's draft mag and found some disturbing player comparison.

1-AJ Green- Keyshawn Johnson, ummm

2- Julio Jones- David Boston, errrrr

4- Jon Baldwin- Dwayne Jarrett, yuck

6- Leonard Hankerson- Roy Williams

7- Tandon Doss- M. Massaquoi

Not exactly thrilling me with those. Actually scaring me with some. Maybe the mean physically rather than as a player but what 21-22 y.o. looks like D. Boston? Incidentally they also compared Newton to VY but still have him as the #2 QB and Mark Ingram = Emmitt Smith.

The defensive side is just as bad especially at DE. I like the comparisons but when JJ Watt looks like the next Adam Carriker, its hard to get excited. Otherwise the mag seems pretty good but it written before the combine yet has 40 times?

Any with a more recent pub date? The Sporting News one?

Not a fan of Lindy's at all. The little you posted about this year's content shows exactly why.

It's sorely tempting to grab the first draft magazine as soon as it hits the stands, but it's probably well worth waiting instead of reading hackneyed stuff like that.

Not a fan of Lindy's at all. The little you posted about this year's content shows exactly why.

It's sorely tempting to grab the first draft magazine as soon as it hits the stands, but it's probably well worth waiting instead of reading hackneyed stuff like that.

I was getting on an airplane and needed something :wacko:

That anyone remembers who David Boston was alone is amazing.

come on, he should be due for another comeback...

BB, is Bulger goin to the Cards?

I think he will. There are no QBs in that system remotely ready and they currently have the good will of Fitz on their side. You don't want him pulling a Carson Palmer and you don't want to waste a gift of his magnitude with waiting 2 to 3 more years for one of the young guys to rise to the top if he can. Don't forget that the Cards are only 1 season removed from being in the SB, and they look at their division and see a large opportunity right now that they don't want to squander.

That said, if the price is better they may look at Orton instead. I believe Orton is the better QB of the two - not because he is more gifted but because of the beating that Bulger took and how it has affected him mentally, and the age differential. Orton would give AZ more flexibility in when they go after their next franchise QB.

Personally I also think there are too many questions regarding this QB class to risk a top 10 pick on any one of them. You could get the best QB in this class in the 2nd or 3rd round, maybe even later.

I think he will. There are no QBs in that system remotely ready and they currently have the good will of Fitz on their side. You don't want him pulling a Carson Palmer and you don't want to waste a gift of his magnitude with waiting 2 to 3 more years for one of the young guys to rise to the top if he can. Don't forget that the Cards are only 1 season removed from being in the SB, and they look at their division and see a large opportunity right now that they don't want to squander.

That said, if the price is better they may look at Orton instead. I believe Orton is the better QB of the two - not because he is more gifted but because of the beating that Bulger took and how it has affected him mentally, and the age differential. Orton would give AZ more flexibility in when they go after their next franchise QB.

Personally I also think there are too many questions regarding this QB class to risk a top 10 pick on any one of them. You could get the best QB in this class in the 2nd or 3rd round, maybe even later.

good info, thanks :wacko: