[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chad Johnson's playing futbol

buddahj

What are the contract implications of the negotiations for players like Ocho and doing this? Are the Bengals allowing him to do this, or have they no power while everything is awaiting the court? I know football gets ragged on, but you can still rule yourself out for months with injuries.

Chad Ochocinco is the second most influential person on Twitter, above Bieber, Sheen, Obama, Gaga, etc...

If this isn't a definitive statement about twitters or tweeters or twits or whatever the hell people who follow people who tweet are, I don't know what is.

GET A LIFE!

Edited by Bronco Billy

If this isn't a definitive statement about twitters or tweeters or twits or whatever the hell people who follow people who tweet are, I don't know what is.

GET A LIFE!

Pretty hypocritical coming from someone that spends quite a bit of time on a fantasy football message board.

And social media is uber-powerful right now and only growing.

:wacko:

Edited by darin3

I edited to make more sense, and you're welcome. :wacko:

Well, you may be right but I see a distinct difference between sharing information and debating here, and watching for a message from CJ to let his minions know when he took a dump.

Maybe you don't.

Just to give everyone a local perspective, the word is that Chad Johnson has been very respectful of the soccer team. He had his initial press conference, but since then it has been really quiet here.

According to written reports, he has kept his mouth shut and has worked hard with the team. He hasn't big-timed anyone and has gotten better every day. The team is actually letting him play in a reserve match tomorrow, mainly out of respect for him since he has shown the team respect since he's been here. Our soccer team is not expecting him to make the team, or anything like that.

This looks to be 2 sides that:

1. Let Johnson pursue the opportunity at playing soccer, which from all accounts he has loved his whole life. (plus, gather some attention for himself).

2. Let Sporting KC get some press at no risk to them.

It appears that Johnson has taken it seriously, the team respects that, and both sides benefit from some exposure.

1) CJ has alway been a soccer fan.

2) Given there may not even be an NFL season this year, I see nothing wrong with this.

3) There is no other NFL news to make right now other than speculation, so of course the media clings to anything they can write about right now.

I honestly think that if I was a star nfl player I'd be looking for another sport to keep me in shape. Let's be honest in comparision Football literally gives u a 30 second break in between plays. Soccer, basketball, swimming and long distance running are all much more demanding in terms of cardio... If I wasn't able to make big money from the NFL I'd stay in shape ad show my team (or as a free agent ) that I'm in shape and ready to do whenever this is resolved.

Just to give everyone a local perspective, the word is that Chad Johnson has been very respectful of the soccer team. He had his initial press conference, but since then it has been really quiet here.

According to written reports, he has kept his mouth shut and has worked hard with the team. He hasn't big-timed anyone and has gotten better every day. The team is actually letting him play in a reserve match tomorrow, mainly out of respect for him since he has shown the team respect since he's been here. Our soccer team is not expecting him to make the team, or anything like that.

This looks to be 2 sides that:

1. Let Johnson pursue the opportunity at playing soccer, which from all accounts he has loved his whole life. (plus, gather some attention for himself).

2. Let Sporting KC get some press at no risk to them.

It appears that Johnson has taken it seriously, the team respects that, and both sides benefit from some exposure.

this

He took a bunch of dudes on the soccer team out to dinner at Fogo de Chao on the Plaza in KC Thursday night. We met him and my wife and daughter got pics with him. Say what you want about Ocho, but he is a cool guy. Can't say that about a lot of pro athletes.

mmmmmmmmmm Fogo

He took a bunch of dudes on the soccer team out to dinner at Fogo de Chao on the Plaza in KC Thursday night. We met him and my wife and daughter got pics with him. Say what you want about Ocho, but he is a cool guy. Can't say that about a lot of pro athletes.

Things like this are far more important, and far more revealing of who he is, than his tweets. So make of them what you will, but they're nothing but marketing by the guy. Oven's story is about the guy. Big difference. :wacko:

In this day and age of media frenzy, I wonder what Bo Jackson would have had to endure by playing 2 sports. I know this cannot compare to probably my favorite football player of all-time, but do ya think, just alittle bit, that some people need to take a chill pill? He's playing soccer...big freaking deal. Seems like he's pretty good at it. I'm rooting for him.

In this day and age of media frenzy, I wonder what Bo Jackson would have had to endure by playing 2 sports. I know this cannot compare to probably my favorite football player of all-time, but do ya think, just alittle bit, that some people need to take a chill pill? He's playing soccer...big freaking deal. Seems like he's pretty good at it. I'm rooting for him.

He's not very good at it.

He's a great athlete.

KC is giving him a shot (and getting free pub as a result); as he admitted in the local press, all he's good at is "being fast as hell".

Things like this are far more important, and far more revealing of who he is, than his tweets. So make of them what you will, but they're nothing but marketing by the guy. Oven's story is about the guy. Big difference. :wacko:

More times than not, I hate meeting pro athletes because it can ruin what you think of them. I had observed Chad at a hotel a few years ago when the Bengals were playing the Chiefs. We didn't try to talk to him, but he was cool to everyone that approached him.

When I asked if my wife and daughter could get a pic, he said, "Sorry, I don't have my make up on" and pretended to walk off. Then he came back and took the pics.