[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Gyros

nuke'em ttg

I know what you mean. I really like a good gyro but man that is the only food that I know of that the cause a burp three hours later that smells just like that gyro when you ate it.

There is a pizza place in Holland and Grand Haven, MI, Fricano's that has this same after effect... Though with them it can last up to two days. It's wonderful stuff, though.

There is a pizza place in Holland and Grand Haven, MI, Fricano's that has this same after effect... Though with them it can last up to two days. It's wonderful stuff, though.

Grew up on Fricano's in Grand Haven. Now the one in Muskeogn is just so much closer and the taste is pretty much the same, so it is a quicker alternative. And the gas it gives you lasts for quite some time!

Astoria Queens, NY, right under the el at the last stop on the N train, NYC subway. While the "old" ethnic neighborhoods of NYC have been invaded by more recent immigrants, a few pockets of the "old" still remain, at least to some degree. This greek restaurant is still a stallwort of the best greek food in the entire city. I have driven in on the 45 minute trip several times just for a gyro from this place.

The meat is not the standard NYC gyro meat, it's far better. Romiane lettuce, not iceberg. The yogurt sauce is unique and freshly made. No two hour after taste at all. This place spoiled me. After you have had a gryo here, all others pretty much suck. I can't remember the name of the place, but I sure know how to get there. Their other greek dishes are equally good. Astoria is one of the very few old ethnic neighborhoods left. It isn't unusual to see a Greek Orthodox church procession going on in the sidestreets. Astoria also provides one of the best views of midtown Manhattan from the Queens side, including the Macy's 4th of July fireworks displays. A hidden gem within NYC.

If you are ever in NYC and want to visit this place, it's easy, N train to the last stop, go downstairs, and there it is. Well worth the trip. Best mousaka you ever had, and these greeks make the Italians look clueless when it comes to serving any eggplant dishes. How they can take such a tasteless vegtable and make it taste so good is the 8th wonder in my world.

I like this place... did I make that clear? :wacko: