[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Beef Back Ribs

SEC=UGA

As a formerly self respecting southerner I have never touched the things. They may be okay for Missourians and Oklahomoins, but we just don't use them.

Anywho, I saw some at the store last night, put my pride and heritage aside, and picked them up. I refuse to put them on my grill, so I'm looking for some suggestions on what to do with thes things.

My first thought was to parboil them in terriyaki with ginge, green onions, white wine, garlic and some five spice and then throw them in the oven and throw some sort of spicy, sweet, glaze on them... But, I'm not sure if that is the correct way to go. Gimme some ideas, I'm cooking them Tuesday night.

TIA.

you can "boil" them in a flavorful liquid for a few hours (actually a rapid simmer would be better) then roast for a few under low heat. or you can roast them longer with some type of rub. i am in favor of finishing on the grill either way.

Funny you should ask. I've been a fan of them since I was a kid and always lament the fact that you never find them. Back home, there was a place called Victoria Station that was always my choice when I got to pick the dinner spot (my birthday, basically).

At any rate, we make them every now and then and just happened to make them yesterday. I marinated them with fish sauce, sweet chile, and hoisin and then cooked them in the egg, super low, for a couple of hours. Delicious.

They're nowhere near as tender as pork ribs but the flavor is great.

Back home, there was a place called Victoria Station that was always my choice when I got to pick the dinner spot (my birthday, basically).

was that the one in which the redecorated a train car? if so, i used to love that as a kid myself.

• 2 weeks later...

I assume you are talking about what we call "Dinosaur ribs" here. The best thing to do is boil them for about 15 minutes to melt most of the fat off. The. wrap in foil and bbq sauce and slow cook on grill. They are top shelf.

Funny you should ask. I've been a fan of them since I was a kid and always lament the fact that you never find them. Back home, there was a place called Victoria Station that was always my choice when I got to pick the dinner spot (my birthday, basically).

At any rate, we make them every now and then and just happened to make them yesterday. I marinated them with fish sauce, sweet chile, and hoisin and then cooked them in the egg, super low, for a couple of hours. Delicious.

They're nowhere near as tender as pork ribs but the flavor is great.

I remember Victoria Station. Our dog loved the aftermath.