[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2011 COllege Football Season

SEC=UGA

It is still early, but, spring practices are going on, schedules have been released, recruits signed... So, what are you guys expecting out of your team, what games are you looking forward to and what true tests are out there that can make or break your season?

UGA has a tough road ahead of them, opening with Boise and playing USC in week 2. It seems to be an immediate trial by fire and with the loss of players and changes that have occurred over the off season, I'm not to hopeful of what this year may bring.

Offense looks to have some issues, we lost our starting senior left tackle for the season (Sturdivant) yesterday, good news is 2 guys, a junior and senior (both in the 325 range) will fill in for him. There are no real receiving threats this year for the Dawgs, it looks like we will have to grind it out with the run game, something that doesn't set up well against the SEC schedule (or when you get into a shoot out with Boise) especially considering the dismal results posted by our defense last year. The Dawgs are gonna have to keep the games tight by grinding the clock and playing field position football.

Defense, well, I just don't know if we have one... I thought the new DC was a great hire last year and understand that there are is a lot of adjustments that need to be made when going to the 3-4 D. There were personnel issues, scheme issues (the players weren't sure where they needed to be), blown assignments and just some physical mismatches. The problems this year should be quite the same as Grantham had last year, he has not had the opportunity to recruit players exclusively for this D and what he has managed to recruit will need to learn on the job. The Dawgs appear to have some real issues with their defensive backs, though the front 3 should be pretty solid.

Boise, I'm looking forward to playing them. Should be one hell of a match-up. They are going to be able to exploit our secondary that has a history of blown assignments. Athletically, physically, we should dominate this team, it ain't gonna happen. This will be the type of game that should end up a shoot out, except we have a cannon, one shot, reload... we're gonna play smash mouth and try to cram it down their throats, we should be able to wear them down by the third quarter, but the problem will be that they will have already hung 42 on the board against the D. I'm thinking, realistically, that this game will end in a 28-24 decision in favor of Boise (never thought that would be the case...)

USC, we always play them tight. THe game typically comes down to the 4th quarter and we squeak out a win. This year you will have two of the best running backs in the nation on display. This will be a classic 3 yards and a cloud of dust 14 to 10 Dawgs win.

Coastal Carolina - Win

Ole Miss - Houston Nutt scares me, his teams come to Athens and do well. UGA wins this one, though, 17 - 7

Mississippi State - I think we got 'em, they've lost some good players, but have been rebuilding pretty well. 24 - 17

Tennessee - Dooley's always have a tough time winning in Knoxville. UGA 20 - TN 17

Vandy - UGA 35 - Vandy 13

Go Gator - Unta, you wanna bet on this one, again...

New Mexico State - Really, NMSU 17 - UGA 3

Auburn - We will kick their asses this year. They have lost what made them a good team, Fairley and Newton. We'll hand 42 on them to their 24.

Kentucky - UGA 24 - KY 10

Tech - I love me some Paul Johnson. Seriously, the dude is a fu(king mastermind and just all around not to be fu(ked with cat. He has some real problems on defense this year,they haven't been able to reload. We play Tech enough to have figured out this triple option that they run, UGA 35 - Tech 24.

So, I am predicting a 10 - 2 season for the Dawgs with their only losses coming to two top 10 teams, which puts us in the top 25, but out of the SEC title race. Fortunately we get away easy this year, no Bama, LSU or Arkie on the schedule... If the Dawgs lose more than 4 this year, Richt will be fired (thank god...)

I'm hoping for a Citrus Bowl or Outback Bowl berth. I'd love to take on the #2/3 from the Big 10 or Big 12!!!!!!

• 4 weeks later...

TCU:

W 09/02/11 at Baylor Waco, Texas 7:00 p.m. CT

W 09/10/11 Air Force Colorado Springs, Colo. 2:30/6:30 CT

W 09/17/11 vs. Louisiana-Monroe Fort Worth, Texas 1:00 p.m. CT

W 09/24/11 vs. Portland State Fort Worth, Texas 6:00 p.m. CT

W 09/30/11 vs. SMU Fort Worth, Texas 7:00 p.m. CT

W 10/08/11 at San Diego State San Diego, Calif. 9:30 p.m. CT

W 10/22/11 vs. New Mexico Fort Worth, Texas 1:00 p.m. CT

W 10/28/11 vs. BYU (at Cowboys Stadium) Arlington, Texas 7:00 p.m. CT

W 11/05/11 at Wyoming Laramie, Wyo. 1:00 p.m. CT

L 11/12/11 at Boise State Boise, Idaho 2:30 p.m. CT

W 11/19/11 vs. Colorado State Fort Worth, Texas 2:30 p.m. CT

W 12/03/11 vs. UNLV Fort Worth, Texas 1:30 p.m. CT

11-1 ... but missing out on a BCS game unless BSU loses two ...

• 4 weeks later...

FSU

W Sep. 3 ULM

W Sep. 10 Charleston Southern

L Sep. 17 Oklahoma

W Sep. 24 at Clemson

W Oct. 8 at Wake Forest

W Oct. 15 at Duke

W Oct. 22 Maryland

W Oct. 29 NC State

W Nov. 3 at Boston College

W Nov. 12 Miami-FL

W Nov. 19 Virginia

L Nov. 26 at Florida

I think we are a one or two loss team this year with Oklahoma and Florida being the most likely chances. However, I think we will be in every game this year and we could just as easily win as we could lose.

That Oklahoma game should be great. They look to be loaded. Fortunately, we we are playing at home and all the kids have a year under the new defense unlike last year when they whipped us. Still hard not to lean towards the sooners on this one.

With Florida I'm not sure if we lose to them. They are at home this year and still have a lot of talent, but do they have a QB? Will Brantley be the guy or will they be counting on the true freshmen Driskel or Brissett ? We will see.

On the road at Clemson the week after the OK game or the Thursday night away game to BC also have potential to go either way. I f'n hate road thursday night games even though I think little of BC. Curious to see how Maryland's young QB does this year. He was pretty good as a freshman. I'm also not sad in the least to see Russel Wilson leave NC State. Man, college football can't get here fast enough.

Wisconsin Badgers . .

Lost a lot of talent with several drafted players gone like Carimi, JJ Watt and Moffitt . . plus we need to break in a new QB.

Still at the top of the class in the Big 10, and with Ohio State falling from grace, could win conference again and be in the BCS depending on QB play and development of underclassmen . . .

Wisconsin Badgers . .

Lost a lot of talent with several drafted players gone like Carimi, JJ Watt and Moffitt . . plus we need to break in a new QB.

Still at the top of the class in the Big 10, and with Ohio State falling from grace, could win conference again and be in the BCS depending on QB play and development of underclassmen . . .

Speaking of QB play aren't the Badgers a possible landing spot for Russel Wilson? That would be a nice pick up. I also think Aub is in the mix.

• 4 weeks later...
:wacko:

We'll be coming off of a high after beating UF 49 - 13 and not be prepared for NMSU (The fighting desert pigs?)

• 4 weeks later...

USF

I really like what Holtz was able to do in his first year, especially late in the year, finishing 8-5. Their success and my prediction depend greatly on the coaching staff getting BJ Daniels to be a QB, ala the bowl win over Clemson, not just an athlete and molding the team into a more discliplined group, thus winning some Big East games on the road. I believe they will do both. Leavitt ran an undisciplined ship. The new regime has also shown the coaching acumen to make adjustments before it's too late, unlike the previous one.

Sep. 3 at Notre Dame L - They will show well in South Bend, giving the Irish fits with their speed and this is the kind of game(1st of the year) that scares the hell out of big name favored coaches. ND will likely win though because of their size up front and the comfort of Touchdown Jesus.

Sep. 10 Ball State W

Sep. 17 Florida A&M W

Sep. 24 UTEP W

Sep. 29 at Pitt L - I believe they can beat Pitt but it's a tall order doing it at their place.

Oct. 8 OPEN DATE

Oct. 15 at Connecticut W - They actually get it done on the road.

Oct. 22 Cincinnati W

Oct. 29 OPEN DATE

Nov. 5 at Rutgers W - Again, getting it done on the road.

Nov. 11 at Syracuse L - Let down after Rutgers win and looking to the final home stretch.

Nov. 19 Miami W

Nov. 25 Louisville W

Dec. 1 West Virginia W

Not completely sold on winning all of the last 3 but they're all in Tampa and I like their chances. Going 2-1 down the stretch is probably a bit more realistic.

In total 9-3 / 8-4

Yes, I am a fan and a grad. My sanity depends on my belief that quality coaching can get them over the hump.

:wacko: GO BULLS!!!