[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WCOFF- payouts this year and next season?

Zooty

Did everyone get paid yet?

Is anyone bailing on this b/c of it?

Not sure if I want to commit to it this year or go with a different contest. Vegas is nice but not getting paid if you do win would be BS

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did everyone get paid yet?

Is anyone bailing on this b/c of it?

Not sure if I want to commit to it this year or go with a different contest. Vegas is nice but not getting paid if you do win would be BS

What ?

I was planning on doing this for the 1st time this year ,, are you saying that they have a history of paying late, not paying, or maybe sent a letter or something else saying payments will be delayed this year ?

I've been following this "saga" on their message boards. However you have to be logged in to view any of those threads.

I had already paid my $200 deposit for this coming year back in February. Right now, I'm waiting to hear their explanation on what went wrong and what they've done to fix it before I send any more of my money to them.

I didn't win any money this year but did win $5500 the year before and received that money before the Super Bowl was played. This year there are still people that have not received their money. From what I can gather, people are getting paid, it's just not happening very fast.

in years past we got paid pretty much right away, but, much like Balata, our group this year is taking a wait and see approach to see what the outcome/explanation is and may take a pass this year on participating (though I'm still going to plan to go to Vegas for opening weekend, maybe just do a live BOTH draft this year instead)

That smells like a ponzi scheme - use new incoming money to pay off old winners. If that's the case, this is definitely not the year to be in.

This is what many folks feel. I did not win any money this year in the WCoFF and I suppose I am "lucky" because an awful lot of good folks won money and submitted their payout request paperwork 3 or 4 months ago and have still not been paid....there is even some strong indication that the overall winner of the $300,000.00 grand prize has also only been paid approx half of his winnings.

I have played in the WCoFF for about 6 years now and the past couple of years there has been a constant thread about why it takes soo long to get paid...heck there is one on their message boards now about payments from the 2008 season. I don't know what has happened this year but it scares me. It sure seems to be that far fewer folks than ever decided to roll over some or all of their 2010 winnings into pre-paying for their 2011 season and that is no doubt largely due to the lack of a CBA. There is such uncertainty that folks are understandably nervous about committing to the 2011 season. Couple that uncertanty with WCoFF doing a baseball contest with large guaranteed prizes two years in a row where they suffered substantial losses (losses they have told us they were prepared to take) and you kind of end up with a run on the bank scene like in "It's A Wonderful Life". Now had all prize money been put into an escrow account or in any other way separated from operating funds then there really shouldn't have been any issues with paying people on time. They paid some folks right around when they got 2011 deposits or funds rollover, then a few more got paid after their baseball contest registrations came in....but now not many have been paid since then.

There was a huge thread entitled "When Will We Be Paid" on their site that management deleted back on 4/2/11.....thread was 17 pages long when it was deleted and it was also only viewable by logged in folks...if you were just cruising onto the WCoFF site to get event info that particular thread would not have shown up at all and you'd be oblivious to the slow/non payment issue. The current thread entitled "Really?" was started by me on 4/2/11 when I noticed that the original payment thread had vanished into thin air. Very questionable in my opinion.

Management has stated a few times that there was a problem that occurred in payment processing and that they know they messed up but that payments were being processed at the rate of 12 checks per day! That was months ago and as we sit now in mid to late April a lot of folks who are owed a lot of money are still unpaid.

Management has promised to get everyone paid (and I think they will....might not be until after the CBA is settled and folks begin depositing funds for the 2011 season) and to "mend fences" and they have hinted at having some big announcements coming..but they offer no definitive answers or payment timelines despite the numerous message board requests...instead they encourage folks to call them for answers....which seems nuts to have to call about money you have earned. Folks who have called and spoken to the management folks have all pretty much to a person come back on to the message boards and posted that they feel confident that they will be paid soon. So apparently their fears were relieved but it took a phone call to do so....a phone call where any statements made can be easily disputed since they are not in writing.

I would encourage you to log into their site to view the thread "Really?" while you can...before it also gets deleted.....I love the WCoFF. It is the HSFF contest that started it all and is curently unrivaled as far as walking into a draft room and seeing close to 1,000 ff freaks ready to draft. I LOVE THAT and hope WCoFF can get back on their feet....until I am confident of that though I will probably avoid them and put all of my HSFF money into the fine contests put on by the FFPC.

Buyer beware.

KO'd

I won $2,850 last year but since I was planning on playing in 2011 anyway I just had them roll over my money for next year's use so I had no idea any of this was going on until about 2 weeks ago when I went to check out 1 of the fantasy football high stake threads. I was bite in 2008 when I never received the $3,500 coming to me in Fantasy Jungle and I was also bit in the early 2000's when Sportsbuff went bankrupt one year losing over $1,000. Very frustrating. I don't understand how they can take our money and not put away the prize pool into a savings account make a small profit on interest then pay it out at the end of the year.

You can trust no one at this point.

This was going to be my 1st year in but now have changed my mind.

Will still be in Vegas though ,,, and flying in on a tight schedule ,,, we return from Hawaii the day before :tup:

If you will be Vegas already and WCoFF doesn't happen or is too scarry to consider, then you ought to check out the FFPC. They run a great contest and they hold live drafts on the Friday evening of opening weekend and also Saturday afternoon of the opening weekend. They escrow their prize money - I believe they are the first and only HSFF contest that does. Tell them K.O. Krew told you about them...maybe I'll get a free coke during the draft :wacko:

Their website is:

http://www.theffpc.com/

...and no - I do not work for the FFPC - just love high stakes contests and since WCoFF is looking shaky all of my money is going to FFPC and possibly the NFFC if they hold live drafts in Vegas on opening weekend (they usually hold their drafts on Labor Day Weekend though).

KO'd

Edited by KOKIDKOKID

I smell a lawsuit.

At least 1 person has now contacted the BBB and 1 has contacted the Missouri Attorney General's Office.

Hopefully WCoFF gets some additional funding so they can get their winners all paid in full asap.

KO'd

Looks like WCFF is headed in the direction of Antsports. I washed my hands of Antsports several years ago, think I'll do the same with WCFF. After 10 years in the business they should have the routine down solid by now. I think I'm out. Bye bye WCFF.

I was also bit in the early 2000's when Sportsbuff went bankrupt one year losing over $1,000. Very frustrating.

That was probably the same year that this happened to me. I didn't lose too much money on this game but it ticked me off that they were gladly accepting money for transaction fees right up to the final week of the contest.

I received this email from Wcoff this morning.

t's with great excitement that I announce the beginning of a new chapter for the World Championship of Fantasy Sports (WCOFS). Over the next 30 to 45 days, I, along with my partners in GridIron Fantasy Sports LLC, will be working through a transaction to transfer ownership of the WCOFS. During this period of time, day to day activity at the WCOFS will continue, specifically the contest administration of the World Championship of Fantasy Baseball (WCOFB) and preparation for the 10th annual World Championship of Fantasy Football (WCOFF).

Since 2002, the WCOFF has awarded over $14M in cash awards and provided a playing field for fantasy sports players willing to embrace the challenge of competing against the best of the best. It's been our pleasure at GridIron Fantasy Sports LLC to have participated in the growth and evolution of the premier fantasy sports contest in the world since 2007 and look forward to what's next for everyone associated with the WCOFF and WCOFB.

So what does this mean for players who have made a prize claim and are awaiting their award distribution? During this period of finalizing a transition of ownership, we will not be releasing checks. As soon as this process is complete, we will resume the awards distribution process. We will go above and beyond to make it up to those of you who were delayed in receiving your award distribution as a result of this transition.

What does this mean for the 2011 WCOFF? The 2011 and 10th Annual World Championship of Fantasy Football will continue as planned with live drafts in Las Vegas, Chicago, Atlantic City and S. Florida - September 8th - 12th. The MGM Grand will host the Las Vegas festivities and the Sheraton Hotel will again host the live events in Atlantic City. Venues for Chicago and S. Florida are still being finalized.

WCOFF Tentative Schedule of Events

Thursday, September 8th - MGM Grand Viewing Party

(New Orleans vs. Green Bay)

GridIron $10K Draft

Invitational League #1

Friday, September 9th - Draft Masters, $1K Auction, $5K Auction and $5K Draft

Main Event Session I

Saturday, September 10th - Main Event Session II

$350 Championship (WCOFF Online / Live

Progressive)

$25K Platinum League

Invitational League #2

MGM Grand / WCOFF Players Party

Sunday, September 11th - MGM Grand Viewing Party

As soon as we have completed this transaction I'll be able to provide a broader explanation as to what brought us to this decision and the events of the past several months. I can tell you, as a shareholder and more importantly the operator of the World Championship of Fantasy Sports, I'm as excited about what this decision means for WCOFF, WCOFB and the fantasy sports industry as I was when we purchased WCOFF back in 2007.

Last I heard wcoff still owed former winners a ton, including one guy in the 6 digit range.

I also heard that they were using this season's fantasy baseball revenues to pay off what former fantasy football winners they could, and now that the baseball season has started and there is no further baseball revenue stream that pay outs for football have ceased with a lot of guys yet to be paid, and that communications ceased with former winners at the same time.

Stay away. Or, if you really insist on pissing money away with no chance of return, write me a check instead.

Edited by Bronco Billy

I don't see how they think this part of the announcement would help their cause...

So what does this mean for players who have made a prize claim and are awaiting their award distribution? During this period of finalizing a transition of ownership, we will not be releasing checks. As soon as this process is complete, we will resume the awards distribution process. We will go above and beyond to make it up to those of you who were delayed in receiving your award distribution as a result of this transition

I got the same email, and simply replied: "y'all are crooks". We'll see what they have to say.

Well, they replied:

I’m sorry you feel the way you do and welcome the opportunity to speak with you. We are excited about this new chapter and look forward to visiting with you to discuss your concerns and any questions you have.

To which I replied: "oh, you mean the chapter where you DON'T operate like a ponzi scheme?".

No reply yet, and not expecting one.

Big-time bummer. I was 50-50 on being able to go out to Vegas for WCOFF this year, but this pretty much seals the deal unless I a] run into a bunch of money and b] we find a different contest, held in Vegas, on the same weekend.