[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Greg Little, CLE WR Rookie

MrTed46

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're joking, right? Mike Williams (TBB) was the third pick in the fourth round. Countless other examples. Yeah, you're joking.

nope, not joking. of course, there will be outliers. sure there's a chance he could do better than those picked ahead of him. but for a bunch of people on a message board to think they know more than the scouts who spend countless hours doing this for their profession is asanine.

nope, not joking. of course, there will be outliers. sure there's a chance he could do better than those picked ahead of him. but for a bunch of people on a message board to think they know more than the scouts who spend countless hours doing this for their profession is asanine.

situation can out weight talent in many cases... especialy for FF.

Look at Le Shoure..

That's what fantasy dynasty drafting is all about for me. Thinking you've found a gem that everyone else rated too low or for whatever reason the player dropped further than they should have. Besides different scouts have different opinions. The draft doesn't follow Mike Mayock's board. Each team has their own board and they vary greatly.

Edited by electricrelish

That's what fantasy dynasty drafting is all about for me. Thinking you've found a gem that everyone else rated too low or for whatever reason the player dropped further than they should have. Besides different scouts have different opinions. The draft doesn't follow Mike Mayock's board. Each team has their own board and they vary greatly.

How is taking a guy like little in the early first round "finding a gem"? Isnt the whole idea of that to find a guy LATEv ersus drafting a guy way early?

How is taking a guy like little in the early first round "finding a gem"? Isnt the whole idea of that to find a guy LATEv ersus drafting a guy way early?

I agree.

but a gem is a gem. I'd like to get a gem every round

If you like a guy, you take him.

A guy in one of my non-BOTH leagues took Hakeem Nicks over Crabtree in 2009. Exact same situation, took Nicks higher than he was traditionally going despite what was perceived to be a slam dunk for Crabtree. He was lambasted for it.

Now, Crabtree isn't even in the same timezone as Nicks and it is seen as an amazing pick. Could he have traded down and still got Nicks? Perhaps. But maybe he didn't want to gamble.

Point is, if you want your guy, go get him. And after the kid plays, then the pick can be judged.

Edited by Tford

A guy in one of my non-BOTH leagues took Hakeem Nicks over Crabtree in 2009. Exact same situation, took Nicks higher than he was traditionally going despite what was perceived to be a slam dunk for Crabtree. He was lambasted for it.

Now, Crabtree isn't even in the same timezone as Nicks and it is seen as an amazing pick. Could he have traded down and still got Nicks? Perhaps. But maybe he didn't want to gamble.

Point is, if you want your guy, go get him. And after the kid plays, then the pick can be judged.

Yeah . . . someone should say that . . .:wacko:

At the end of the day all that matters is that you got the guy you wanted, no matter what the ADP is.

Are you saying I shouldn't rake the owner who just took Locker with the 1.03 pick in a rookie draft?

:wacko:

Are you saying I shouldn't rake the owner who just took Locker with the 1.03 pick in a rookie draft?

:wacko:

Ouch....

Hey man, he could be the next Chris Chandler.

My source has Little's ADP at #3 in most PPR leagues. :wacko: Of course, it also has Newton ahead of Daniel Thomas, Julio Jones & Ryan Williams which I don't agree with.

Your source must be another that has gone off his meds :tup:

Well I had him just behoned Baldwin for my rookie drafts which had him ranked 4th at WR. I am in the process of doing a rookie draft where I blew my team up last season and am starting over so I had quite a few picks somehow in a 12 team league i managed to get AJ at 1.01 Baldwin at 1.05 and Little at 2.03 I actually had a couple of picks in between that which filled other needs but I was shocked to see Little still available so even after already drafting 2 WRs I couldn't pass the value there for a 2nd round pick.

Well I had him just behoned Baldwin for my rookie drafts which had him ranked 4th at WR. I am in the process of doing a rookie draft where I blew my team up last season and am starting over so I had quite a few picks somehow in a 12 team league i managed to get AJ at 1.01 Baldwin at 1.05 and Little at 2.03 I actually had a couple of picks in between that which filled other needs but I was shocked to see Little still available so even after already drafting 2 WRs I couldn't pass the value there for a 2nd round pick.

Little at 2.03 is a steal IMO. I overpaid for him at 1.04 but I WANTED him.

Your posting of this thread has ruined it for everyone else.

Not really, most avid Huddlers who play in leagues here aren't very apt to board the hype train so easily. If you make a good argument, then I may move him up my board some, but stating that you think he's a beast isn't really going to make me bite. The fact of the matter is, despite him passing the eye test, he is extremely green. One year at WR & then an entire season off? He may have great potential, but there's still at least 4 WR's I would probably take before him.