[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bold Predictions

flemingd

We don't know if there will even be a season. We have zero idea what teams are actually considering since they can't talk to players. We have no idea who feels like they need what since free agency hasn't even started yet.

What better time to make predictions?

1. Steve Smith South to St. Louis.

The Rams don't have a #1 and CAR isn't going to keep Smith so this sounds like a trade meant to happen. I could see STL giving up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for a guy that's only 31 and has put up monster numbers when he's gotten good QB play and you have to figure CAR would jump all over a mid-round pick for a guy not in their long-term plans.

2. Plaxico Burress to Cleveland

It's not a contender, and it's not a super place to play, but it's an NFL paycheck. Burress has to just be happy to get back into the league and get a chance to prove he can still play, regardless of who it's with. Cleveland needs weapons to give to McCoy and Burress won't cost much cash or a future draft pick.

3. Carson Palmer to San Fransisco

It's the farthest away and worst team Brown can find that will take Palmer. CIN needs to get something, anything, for a quy with some equity left in him and SF should be willing to pay a later round pick for a veteran QB. With the short/no offseason to prepare a veteran QB will be much more able to protect himself and pick up the new coach's system. If Palmer has anything left a coach like Harbaugh will get it out of him and SF can bring Kaepernick along at his natural pace. If not it buys them a year to get Kaepernick some preparation.

4. Ocho Cinco to Oakland

I wanted to place Smith here but this makes more sense - 85 is more of a circus for Davis to over-invest in.

5. Beanie Wells to Tampa Bay

They are going to love Ryan Williams and with Hightower there it makes sense to move Beanie while they can. TB needs depth behind Blount and Beanie still does have the ton of natural talent - maybe a move can start to bring it out because lord knows we've hardly seen it in Arizona. Another mid-round pick makes sense here.

We don't know if there will even be a season. We have zero idea what teams are actually considering since they can't talk to players. We have no idea who feels like they need what since free agency hasn't even started yet.

The Rams don't have a #1 and CAR isn't going to keep Smith so this sounds like a trade meant to happen. I could see STL giving up a 2nd or 3rd rounder for a guy that's only 31 and has put up monster numbers when he's gotten good QB play and you have to figure CAR would jump all over a mid-round pick for a guy not in their long-term plans.

It's not a contender, and it's not a super place to play, but it's an NFL paycheck. Burress has to just be happy to get back into the league and get a chance to prove he can still play, regardless of who it's with. Cleveland needs weapons to give to McCoy and Burress won't cost much cash or a future draft pick.

It's the farthest away and worst team Brown can find that will take Palmer. CIN needs to get something, anything, for a quy with some equity left in him and SF should be willing to pay a later round pick for a veteran QB. With the short/no offseason to prepare a veteran QB will be much more able to protect himself and pick up the new coach's system. If Palmer has anything left a coach like Harbaugh will get it out of him and SF can bring Kaepernick along at his natural pace. If not it buys them a year to get Kaepernick some preparation.

4. Ocho Cinco to Oakland

I wanted to place Smith here but this makes more sense - 85 is more of a circus for Davis to over-invest in.

They are going to love Ryan Williams and with Hightower there it makes sense to move Beanie while they can. TB needs depth behind Blount and Beanie still does have the ton of natural talent - maybe a move can start to bring it out because lord knows we've hardly seen it in Arizona. Another mid-round pick makes sense here.

I don't see any of this happening, but I really want to see Beanie Wells to Tampa Bay.

Wells has had his injuries but they're not dumping him yet. Now Hightower on the other hand. He's lost all respect from coach wizzy and he'll be lines up in a similar fashion as Slaton. Williams will replace hightower and be the change of pace back. Wells will be an every down back.... bank on it.

I've thought the Palmer to SF thing is very possible for some time. Dude played college ball on the West Coast. Kaeperneck seems talented but raw, and the lockout does not help one bit in getting him up to speed. And I have to think the A Smith saga is over. I mean, if Harbaugh is basically saying Kaeperneck could be his day one starter, that says a lot about how he feels about Smith.

Ultimately, I figured SF would either forgo QB in the draft and grab Kolb or pick one up and grab a vet who is old enough that they could avoid a QB battle in a year or two. Since they went QB early enough in the draft that they're saying, "This is our guy of the future", but not so early that they're saying, "The future is now", I figured Palmer, Voelik, or McNabb (who I was hoping would not be the choice) was heading our way.

I've thought the Palmer to SF thing is very possible for some time. Dude played college ball on the West Coast. Kaeperneck seems talented but raw, and the lockout does not help one bit in getting him up to speed. And I have to think the A Smith saga is over. I mean, if Harbaugh is basically saying Kaeperneck could be his day one starter, that says a lot about how he feels about Smith.

Ultimately, I figured SF would either forgo QB in the draft and grab Kolb or pick one up and grab a vet who is old enough that they could avoid a QB battle in a year or two. Since they went QB early enough in the draft that they're saying, "This is our guy of the future", but not so early that they're saying, "The future is now", I figured Palmer, Voelik, or McNabb (who I was hoping would not be the choice) was heading our way.

I know there are people willing to jump ship on Smith and he did look like crap last year but Smith was a first round pick and under Martz, he actually looked decent and I still think he could be a viable starter in the NFL with proper mentoring. I think Kaeperneck is more of reassurance that no matter what, they will have a QB.

4. Ocho Cinco to Oakland

I could see S Smith going to St Louis for sure.

I could certainly see Ocho in Oakland, maybe TO too. :wacko:

And I think Palmer if traded will end up in SF or Sea, so I could see that.

But why would Tampa want Beanie Wells. This one I dont see..

And I have no idea where Plaxico might land. Cleveland doesnt seem likely, as they should be grooming young WR to grow with Colt. Not signing aging ones for a year or two, and stunting the growth of the youngsters they have. But stranger things have happened.

I do think this is a great topic, nicely done...

SS will be in Denver or Oakland, count on it. Fox will push for his playmaker, and Al will pay out the arse to get a star to the Black Hole. Personally, I don't like SS and his antics/attitude, so I think he's a definite fit for the silver & black.

Don't see this at all. Holmgren just doesn't come off as the type of GM to bring in anything disruptive to a young, gelling team. Plus, he's grabbed his Plax in the draft with Little.

Definitve possibility, but I see Palmer headed to Miami. A nice O-line, quality WRs in Marshall/Bess, a chance to finish out his career in great weather for a potential playoff contender,...what's not to like. If not Palmer, then I see a trade for Orton, who'd instantly jump Marshall's stock, in the near future for the Fins. Palmer then goes to Arizona...same reasons as listed above (except for the playoffs part - lol).

4. Ocho Cinco to Oakland

Another possibility, as it would immediately improve the Raiders passing game to get SS & Ocho. And Davis has big enough pockets to pull it off. Plus, the camera time for both WRs would be off the charts.

Don't see this at all. Wells will be traded/sent packing and landing in Denver/Seattle/St. Louis, all who are looking for solid backups/split timers. Still young enough to be a factor, but not many teams willing to risk his crappy work ethic & production. Denver/St Louis/Pete Carroll will.

I also see Nnamdi ending up in Atlanta, Dallas or Houston. Each of these owners thinks they're close enough to make a run on offense, and just needs a void filled on D. And each will break the bank to see it happen htis year or next. Whichever gets him will make a deep run in the playoffs this year.

Edited by The Hitter

Don't see this at all. Holmgren just doesn't come off as the type of GM to bring in anything disruptive to a young, gelling team. Plus, he's grabbed his Plax in the draft with Little.

I could be totally off base here because being old and time as my nemesis, but other than the weapons charge, what other major things did Plaxico bring to the locker rooms? I just don't remember any major character issues. I know he was arrogant but he was also gifted. He could be a HUGE (pun intended) asset to a young WR core and QB.

A guy who can block and doesn't require an accurate throw. Toss it up and let him get it.

Don't see this at all. Wells will be traded/sent packing and landing in Denver/Seattle/St. Louis, all who are looking for solid backups/split timers. Still young enough to be a factor, but not many teams willing to risk his crappy work ethic & production. Denver/St Louis/Pete Carroll will.

I can't see Arizona trading away a player to a divisional opponent.

SS will be in Denver or Oakland, count on it. Fox will push for his playmaker, and Al will pay out the arse to get a star to the Black Hole. Personally, I don't like SS and his antics/attitude, so I think he's a definite fit for the silver & black.

Definitve possibility, but I see Palmer headed to Miami. A nice O-line, quality WRs in Marshall/Bess, a chance to finish out his career in great weather for a potential playoff contender,...what's not to like. If not Palmer, then I see a trade for Orton, who'd instantly jump Marshall's stock, in the near future for the Fins. Palmer then goes to Arizona...same reasons as listed above (except for the playoffs part - lol).

4. Ocho Cinco to Oakland

Another possibility, as it would immediately improve the Raiders passing game to get SS & Ocho. And Davis has big enough pockets to pull it off. Plus, the camera time for both WRs would be off the charts.

I also see Nnamdi ending up in Atlanta, Dallas or Houston. Each of these owners thinks they're close enough to make a run on offense, and just needs a void filled on D. And each will break the bank to see it happen htis year or next. Whichever gets him will make a deep run in the playoffs this year.

Steve Smith definatly is getting out of Car. St Louis is a prime spot for him to land. I also don't see Oak being out of the question but I think the Rams are willing to get people now with how they did last year

Plaxico Burress to Cleveland... Yeah I seriously doubt this is going to happen. The front office likes the WRs they have. They are young and inexperienced but have talent. Also the Browns drafted Little, and a TE they are looking to groom to replace Watson (it may not be this year but Watson is getting old....) I don't see him being a part of the Browns gameplan. I could see him land in Cin (they need WRs and he comes "cheap"), St Louis (agian they need weapons), or Oak.... It really is going to be a toss up where he lands.

Carson Palmer to San Fransisco.... makes a lot of sense. Definatly could see this happening.

Ocho Cinco to Oakland this is going to be another watch where he lands...

I'm torn on Beanie Wells to Tampa Bay. I don't think that Ari is going to keep Beanie but I'm not sure if he will land here or somewhere else.

Reggie Bush to ??? ..... I have this feeling that he's out on NO but I can't think of anywhere that would just love to have him.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those WR's end up on the Vikings squad either. They haven't finalized bringing back Rice yet, and Percy always has the threat of missing time with migraines. They really have nobody besides those two and a couple of TE's that might need to block some more... and now they'll have a young inexperienced QB who could use some more reliable targets.

Wells has had his injuries but they're not dumping him yet. Now Hightower on the other hand. He's lost all respect from coach wizzy and he'll be lines up in a similar fashion as Slaton. Williams will replace hightower and be the change of pace back. Wells will be an every down back.... bank on it.

Right on Hightower, completely wrong on Wells.

Why bank on a guy who is either injured or playing poorly?

Why spend a high 2nd round pick on a runningback if Wells was the guy? At best it's a rbbc for Beanie. He's showed that he's not tough, and not built to be an every down runner. Built like Tarzan, plays like Jane.

I wouldn't be surprised to see one of those WR's end up on the Vikings squad either. They haven't finalized bringing back Rice yet, and Percy always has the threat of missing time with migraines. They really have nobody besides those two and a couple of TE's that might need to block some more... and now they'll have a young inexperienced QB who could use some more reliable targets.

I'm holding out hope still for Fitzgerald coming home in 2012.

1300 yards for Ryan Mathews. The flashes I saw in his play last year makes me think this is likely. I'd like to think the first year for him was just snake bit luck and he'll rebound.

1300 yards for Ryan Mathews. The flashes I saw in his play last year makes me think this is likely. I'd like to think the first year for him was just snake bit luck and he'll rebound.

That would make me very happy.