[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Hard liquor" drinkers - what'll ya have

BeeR

If you drink any kind of whiskey at all, you'll want to try Pappy Van Winkle's 20 year old bourbon.

Simply outstanding.

I was told by a local liquor store that I could get a bottle....if I wanted to wait 2 year.

Another store said I could get one by September when the next batch is ready.

If you have access to buying a bottle and are willing to ship, PM me and maybe we can work something out :wacko:

Typically I am a Bourbon guy. I'll drink Rye occasionally, but usually only if it's what a friend has on hand.

After bourbon, I prefer Cognac, Armanac, or good Brandy.

I'll drink Scotch or Irish Whiskey of that's what I am in the mood for. Balvenie and MacAllen are my Scotch makers of choice, although I do enjoy the chance to tast the juice from different distilleries. Typically Single Malt, although I have a soft spot for Chevis Royal Salute. If I'm drinking Irish whiskey at home it's usually Bushmills 16 year old, which is slammin good stuff.

Also occasionally I will have a nice tequila or rum. I drink it straight up.

All of the above I drink straight up, although a splash of water is not uncommon save for the Brandy family, and occasionally a single cube will find it's way into my glass.

I will very rarely have a Martini. Gin, most commonly.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not usually much of a drinker except for special occassions.

Been a jack and coke guy since college, though I actually am starting to prefer captain.

Gentleman Jack straight, have mixed with coke before and it tastes too much like candy I would get into too much trouble.

Single Barrel is good, but I don;t think my palette has adjusted enough to truly enjoy it. I always feel like I am drinking jet fuel, yet enjoy it. Same with the Glen Fiddich I have for when my Dad is in town.

Lately have enjoyed some good tequilas. Buddy of mine has an extensive, and expensive collection. I don;t remember what it was we had a few weeks ago, I just know it was a $400 bottle and we killed about 2/3rds of it (he promptly finished it the next day). I just had some Corzo Silver which was very good.

Even though I rarely drink at home, I do keep the house well stocked to accomodate most guest requests - vodka, gin, rum, tequila, whiskey, scotch, etc. It;s the mixers that I forget to load up on like margarita mix or juices etc. (for the ladies of course)

I like:

scotch - Glenfarclas 17 year is my preferred "everyday" variety. But I'll splurge on the 25 year for special occasions. I'm also prone to giving Bushmills 16 year as a present for housewarmings, etc. For $60ish, you can't beat it.

rum - specifically Bacardi - for daquaries and mixed drinks.

gin - Tanquari for G&Ts/mixed drinks but Bombay for martinis

pernod - when I want to get my frog on I'll drink in on the rocks. But I use it as a mixer, too

Vodka - grey goose is what I keep around, but mostly because that's what my parents like. Otherwise, I'm not a big vodka guy

I keep a full bar, but those are the only liquors I really drink with any kind of regularity.

If you have access to buying a bottle and are willing to ship, PM me and maybe we can work something out :wacko:

I'll check with my guy tomorrow. I've heard the same thing about September.

I don't regularly drink the hard stuff but I just got a bottle of Rogue Dead Guy Whiskey. Buddy said it was excellent so I defer to him. Tasted like Whiskey to me...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got some single malt for my birthday . I got Macallan 15. Cracked it open Saturday night. Very good. I like Gentlemans Jack as well. I bought my buddy a bottle of Dahlwhinnie (not sure if I spelled it right) for his 40th birthday. He broke it open at the super bowl. I am not a seasoned scotch guy by any means. In my limited scotch experience it was delicious and my favorite so far

Edited by whomper

Any of you out there that like gin, ought to look for G-Vine Flourasian. It's a french gin made with neutral grape spirits and using grape blossoms as the primary botanical. Effing pretty as hell. That with a quality tonic water is freaking delish.

In fact, we were working on a cocktail using goji berries that I harvest from a tree in my yard and made a sweet puree of. I figured gin would be best and, as we typically do, we prototyped the drink with our well to get the basic components down. Drink was really tasty using the Seagrams in our well. Then we made one with the G-Vine and I was out of this world.

So three older women were sitting around talking one day, and the conversation started to go down the road of risque. After a few minutes, they started having the discussion that how would you describe your sex like with your husband, but relate it to a soft drink. The first woman says:

"My husband is a 7-Up. Cause he can get it up 7 times a night."

The other ladies laugh and giggle as women do, so they asked the second woman to play along.

"My husband is a Mountain Dew. Cause he can do it all night long."

At this point they are rolling on the ground laughing. Finally, they ask the third woman. She is the most conservative of the group.

"Well, Leroy is like Jack Daniels."

The other two look at each other, puzzled. After a couple of moments, one of the ladies says:

" But honey, that's a hard liquor."

The third woman smiles and says:

"Well, that's my Leroy."

So three older women were sitting around talking one day, and the conversation started to go down the road of risque. After a few minutes, they started having the discussion that how would you describe your sex like with your husband, but relate it to a soft drink. The first woman says:

The other ladies laugh and giggle as women do, so they asked the second woman to play along.

At this point they are rolling on the ground laughing. Finally, they ask the third woman. She is the most conservative of the group.

The other two look at each other, puzzled. After a couple of moments, one of the ladies says:

"Well, that's my Leroy."

:wacko:

"Well, that's my Leroy."

:wacko:

Liquor in the front;

Poker in the rear

Hendricks gin and tonic with a cucumber garnish.

This!

Though occasionally I mix it up and toss in a lime instead of the cucumber and find it just as appealing.

If not this it's vodka rocks for me, usually grey goose or Tito's...occasionally I'll toss an olive in there, but usually just the vodka and ice

Hendricks gin and tonic with a cucumber garnish.

A very solid drink and one I can't get my wife to stray much from. Having been on this Gin kick, I've been bringing home all kinds of cool stuff. Every time she heads back for the Hendricks.

Once I finally tire of chasing the flavor of the month, I'll likely be back to Hendricks myself. :wacko:

i live at the beach, so i drink primarily beer if i will be in the sun all day. with that being said, i cruch liquor drinks at night when out on the town or at dinner.

1-margaritas in Summer/Spring

2-stoli soda w/lemon and lime

3-occasional frozen painkiller

4-occasional stloi martini; dirty on the rocks with 3 olives

5-makers and water. this is a staple and consumed year round

6-jack and water; same as above

• 2 weeks later...
A very solid drink and one I can't get my wife to stray much from. Having been on this Gin kick, I've been bringing home all kinds of cool stuff. Every time she heads back for the Hendricks.

Once I finally tire of chasing the flavor of the month, I'll likely be back to Hendricks myself. :wacko:

Seems like me and your wife have a lot in common. Hoppy biers, Hendricks, and a smokin' body :tup: