[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"Hard liquor" drinkers - what'll ya have

BeeR

I was actually kiddig about the smokin' hawt bod part. I drink too many hoppy biers to have a hawt bod :wacko:

The more one drinks hoppy biers (no Bier Meister playing basketball jokes), the broader the definition of smokin' hawt bod becomes, kind of a win/win for everyone involved.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Bombay and tonic with generous lime

Hornitos in my margs, no salt please, on the rocks

I'll have to look for the interesting gins..I'm ready to try something else.

I've got a bottle of Domaine de Canton Ginger liqueur that adds some interesting flavor in a cocktail. Yum.

I've also been enjoying these. I use Fresca. Again, no salt.

For a refreshing, thirst quenching tequila cocktail, the Paloma is definitely at the top of the list and it's a favorite in Mexico. It's a light, fruity drink with a fizz and one of the smoothest tequila drinks out there. Almost any blanco tequila works well in combination with the grapefruit and you may also see this cocktail with grapefruit juice and a splash of soda instead of a grapefruit soda like Squirt.

Ingredients:

* 2 oz blanco or reposado tequila

* 6 oz fresh grapefruit soda

* 1/2 oz lime juice

* salt for rimming (optional)

Preparation:

1. Rim a collins glass with salt.

2. Fill the glass with ice and add the tequila and lime juice.

3. Top it off with grapefruit soda.

Since we've devolved to Fruity drinks...

There is this little place in Bermuda, the Swizzle Inn, that serves a drink called the Rum Swizzle.

4 oz Goslings Gold Rum

4 oz Goslings Black Seal Rum

5 oz Pineapple Juice

5 oz OJ

3/4 oz Grenadine

6 Dashes Bitters

Put all of this in a small pitcher with ice. Serve in a rocks glass (they use a stemmed glass, not quite wine, not quite aperitif, any way). Drink the first pitcher in about twenty minutes, the second in about 30 to 40, then, get on a scooter and try to make it back to your hotel while driving on the wrong (left) side of the road.

Edited by SEC=UGA

I've had to work some longer hours than usual in the past few weeks so my office "supply cabinet" (liquor cabinet) will need replenishing before too long. Nevertheless, I've been rotating through a few bottles of scotch - Lagavulin 16 is always my go-to, but a couple of others have really reminded me just how good some of the other regions are as well:

Mortlach (Murray McDavid) - Mortlach is tough to get in the states and compared to what is available in the UK, what we can get over here is a tiny representation. The Flora and Fauna and the Gordon & McPhail bottlings are awesome and when I have a bottle of either, it's tough to reach for anything else (my bottle of Gordon & McPhail is slowly disappearing at home and I haven't been able to replace the Flora & Fauna bottle I finished a year ago). But, in the office, I've been drinking another Mortlach - aged only 13 years, but finished in Chateau D'Yquem casks. Gives the nose a lot more complexity and then returns to bold speyside scotch through the mouth.

Glenmorangie Finealta - A couple weeks ago, I had an unusually bad day and came back to my office after a meeting to find this bottle on my desk (I work with some good people). Story goes that they found a bottle of this scotch bottled in 1903 (scotch doesn't really age once it's in the bottle) and were blown away by the flavors. There's some differing stories about whether they were able to track down the recipe or just backwards-engineered it to produce the same flavors in the Finealta, but whatever they did, it works. More peat than any highland scotch I can remember - and it hits you up front but then quickly disappears so you get that typical light highland scotch flavor.

• 2 weeks later...