[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Chili Con Queso

Almost everyone loves queso, but the velveeta recipe is cheap, although I like it... Show me what you got, my favorite is below...

SUPERIOR GRILL CHILI CON QUESO

INGREDIENTS

■2 Tbsps. butter

■1/2 cup diced onions

■2 whole diced poblano peppers or 2-3 fresh chopped jalapeno peppers

■1 cup peeled tomatoes, mashed

■1 Tbsp. flour

■2 12-oz. cans evaporated milk

■2 lbs. grated Monterrey Jack cheese

METHOD

Melt butter over medium fire. Saute onions, peppers and tomatoes for approximately 10 minutes, until the onions are translucent. Add the flour, stirring constantly to avoid burning. Add the evaporated milk and cook until hot, stirring frequently from the bottom. Once the milk is hot, add the cheese one handful at a time, stirring constantly until melted, and add the next handful. Serve hot with chips. If you like a milder version, use the poblano peppers; for a spicier version, use the jalapeno peppers.

Damn that sounds good.

What I make, that receives lots of requests for parties is so simple it is ridiculous.

1 stick of Philly Cream Cheese

2 cans of Hormel Chili with Beans

1 jar, Pace Thick and Chunky Medium salsa

In sauce pan over medium heat, break the cream cheese into smaller chunks and stir until it is real soft. Before it has a chance to burn, stir in the cans of chili. Add salsa to taste. For my gatherings, it is one of those 16 ounce, medium jars.

I usually make double or triple this, but those are the proportions I have found to be just right.

Goes well with fritos, tortilla chips and even french bread

Damn that sounds good.

What I make, that receives lots of requests for parties is so simple it is ridiculous.

In sauce pan over medium heat, break the cream cheese into smaller chunks and stir until it is real soft. Before it has a chance to burn, stir in the cans of chili. Add salsa to taste. For my gatherings, it is one of those 16 ounce, medium jars.

I usually make double or triple this, but those are the proportions I have found to be just right.

I do a version of this with the beanless chili and a bag of shredded cheddar

Damn that sounds good.

You'd be shocked to see how much better it tasted by using a better salsa. There should be other options at SoCal grocery stores; I recommend you try something different to see how much better pop you get out of it.

Damn that sounds good.

get a rope!