[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

rank the 32 helmets

Azazello1313

link

my list...

my favorites

1.Bears - color combo is perfect. clean, classic, effective.

2.Rams - it's kind of a corny design I guess, but I've always loved it for some reason. the change from yellow to gold was good.

3.Jaguars - easy to hate on the newer designs, but I like this one a lot

4.49ers - another perfect color combo, very nice

5.Raiders - classic

6.Saints - a trendy color scheme that was adopted way before it was trendy. a design you know will never change.

7.Broncos - I hated their redesigned uniforms several years ago, but the logo and helmet I thought were well done despite lots of criticism

8.Eagles - another design that's kinda dumb, but that I've always liked

9.Cowboys - like the bears and niners, great color scheme and efficient, clean design

10.Seahawks - effective local design

the 'meh' list

11.Chiefs

12.Chargers

13.Falcons

14.Dolphins - actually like the colors on white helment, but a dolphin with a helment on? come on

15.Packers - just don't care for the green/yellow combo

16.Vikings

17.Redskins

18.Ravens

19.Jets

20.Buccaneers

the ugly

21.Giants

22.Colts

23.Steelers

24.Cardinals

25.Panthers

26.Patriots

27.Lions

28.Titans

29.Texans

30.Browns

31.Bengals

32.Bills

Don't have time to comment on too many, or come up with my own list right now, but I do think it's hard to differentiate (at least for me) between the ones that look good, and the ones that are sort of classics, whether they look good or not. In other words, I can look at a helmet/uniform, and think that it's an obvious classic (should never be changed/altered). But, when I really stop and think about how it looks, or how the colors go together, I realize it's sort of ugly.

One example... I disagree on the Rams. I prefer the bright yellow and blue, over the current gold/blue. Not sure if it actually LOOKS better, or if I simply can't get past some of the memories of watching Dickerson, Ellard, and Flipper Anderson, as a kid. Those battles with the 49ers were classics, even though the Rams usually came out on the short end, most of the time.

I've been railing against the Bengals helmets since that redesign. That is one fugly helmet.

Now the Browns, that screams classic. Besides, have you seen the Elf?

Why all the hate for the Texans? I find them pretty darn snazzy. Dark blue, red and white... patriotic without being over the top, and their logo is pretty sweet. :wacko:

not my least favorite, but towards the bottom. just think they could have done a lot better with the logo.

I like the Texans as well.

Several teams are classics, and should never change. Colts, Raiders, Browns, etc.

I must be one of the few that love the Bengals helmets . . .

The only helmets I really don't care for are the Titans and the Seahawks. I wish the Falcons would go back to red helmets.

Why all the hate for the Texans? I find them pretty darn snazzy. Dark blue, red and white... patriotic without being over the top, and their logo is pretty sweet. :wacko:

to me it's just lame and derivative. total ripoff of the patriots new logo, which I don't like either.

to me it's just lame and derivative. total ripoff of the patriots new logo, which I don't like either.

Yeah, that whole 'angular graphic' thing is actually kinda 90's, and sorry that includes the new Broncos helmet which is also 'patriotized' along with Car and Jax to name a few more.

I like the Texans as well.

Several teams are classics, and should never change. Colts, Raiders, Browns, etc.

I must be one of the few that love the Bengals helmets . . .

The only helmets I really don't care for are the Titans and the Seahawks. I wish the Falcons would go back to red helmets.

I llke the Bengals helmets as well.

I love the Seahawks helmets. Great logo.

Yeah, that whole 'angular graphic' thing is actually kinda 90's, and sorry that includes the new Broncos helmet which is also 'patriotized' along with Car and Jax to name a few more.

well that's true to an extent, with all the birds being made "angrier" and such. but the two most blatant ripoffs of the ugly pats logo are very ugly themselves -- the texans and panthers.

When it comes to NFL uniforms, I'm more of a traditionalist, but will admit that some of the modern helmets, even the silver space-man looking ones are pretty sharp.

1. Chargers - They should just wear those powder blue unis all the time. Best look in pro sports IMO

2. Rams - I've never been a big fan of their unis, but the helmet is classic and ties it all together, even if I'm not as crazy about the gold as classic yellow

3. Broncos - Very sharp looking with a little orange flair for character. For a modern logo, is one of my favs

4. Packers - Classic helmet that shouldn't and probably won't ever change. Only team that can pull off yellow as a primary color and make it look good

5. Cowboys - As much as I don't like silver, this is another classic example of what a helmet should look like

6. 49ers - with a shift back to the classic red, the red facemask really makes it pop.

7. Eagles - the wing design is set to be a classic that will make them forget about their actual "classics"

8. Patriots - Again the red facemask does it's magic with their otherwise butt-ugly unis.

9. Raiders - Cant believe 3 silver-helmet teams made it into my top 10, but nobody pulls of silver like the silver and black. Very mean looking...

10. Vikings - Probably alone on this one, but for a team with a purple and yellow scheme, there's no doing better than these mean-looking helmets.

11. Redskins - might be the traditionalist in me, but the mustard face-mask and classic logo is a great look

12. Bears - Love the classic look, but they slide to here because the helmets are too simple and bland. A white pinstripe with orange outlines would do wonders.

12. Falcons - I'll put my Falcons here, as we go from the best to the rest. Nothing to really love or hate about the helmet. It's really tough to get red and white on black wrong...

13. Saints - I think the unis make the helmets more than the other way around, but another classic look that shouldn't change.

14. Colts - Will give them props for not trying to do too much like many teams do with their unis and logos nowadays.

15. Jaguars - probably the one part of their uniforms I like. Simple and tough.

16. Bucs - Pewter, really? Still a very well done helmet though.

Worst

1. Bengals - It looks like someone took a sharpie and scribbled on the Browns helmet. This team needs to embrace black as a primary helmet color.

2. Ravens - Purple on black? Not sure why you'd think a helmet with zero contrast looks good.

3. Dolpins - Would be a nice looking helmet if it didn't have a dolphin and teal/orange coloring

4. Titans - Goes okay with the unis, but not much to like otherwise.

5. Panthers - Should have gone with more Carolina blue or black, because they don't pull off the silver well.

6. Bills - In theory this helmet shouldn't look so bad.. Yet somehow it does...

7. Jets - I think it's just the logo I don't like. It looks like an advertisement bumper sticker.

8. Lions - Don't know what I'd do differently, but not feeling the honolulu blue on grey

9. Browns - I actually think they could've done alot worse, but it looks like a high school team who couldn't afford helmets with logos.

10. Texans - the helmet needs something, anything, and it'd look fine, but the all navy with no stripes is as bland as it gets.

Any of the rest are nothing that bad or special, so it'd just be nitpicking...

Edited by delusions of granduer

Don't know why, but the Colt's helmet is my favorite. I do wish the Falcons would go back to the red helmets with the old school falcon on it. Other favorites are the Bears, Bengals, Steelers, Seahawks, Redskins, Lions, Jets....

1.Broncos - Even though I had reservations about the Uni change in 97 (I think it was), the helmets I loved. I'm a fan as well so I have a dog in the fight (Should have saved that for my Philly one :wacko: )

2.Bengals - Always had an affinity with these helmets. Every since that awesome game in the SB against the 49ers

3.Packers - Just a classic with great colors.

4.Browns - I have a fondness for simplicity.

5.Rams - The color change is brilliant IMHO

6.Bears - Just a classic even though I hate Da Bears

7.Buccaneers - I ranked them high just because they could have changed to wearing pooh helmets and anything would have been better than the crap they had before

8.49ers - Another classic that carries a place in my heart.

9.Vikings - How could you not like the purple people eaters?

10.Seahawks - This satisfies my lesbian side (yes, I'm a lesbian living in a mans body)

11.Falcons - Just look tough

12.Texans - Dark but bright

13.Ravens - Who doesn't like a Raven on their helmet?

14.Eagles - Insert dog joke here

15.Chiefs - Just because I didn't want to look like a hypocrite putting all my division rivals at the bottom

16.Jaguars - The Jag itself is horrid but the colors are cool.

17.Redskins - I like the throw backs better

18.Saints - I almost feel compelled to move them up... but then the feeling goes away.

19.Steelers - Never understood the emblem on one side thingy

20.Giants - Just never really capture my imagination

21.Lions - Almost to basic

22.Dolphins - It's a freaking Dolphin on a helmet... Your lucky it's this high!

23.Jets - What, they've changed the size of the circle in the last 60 years?

24.Titans - Creative... Lets put a "T" on a helmet. Did the owners kid pick this design?

25.Cowboys - Just because they had the tenacity to say they are "Americas team"

26.Colts - Should have used a 6 shooter. That's a much better Cult IMHO

27.Panthers - What, they go to a Patriots garage sale?

28.Cardinals - Oooo... a mean red bird on a white helmet. No wonder you lost the SB

29.Patriots - It reminds me when the 70's met the 80's. Went from round and bulky to square and bulky

30.Chargers - See my KC comment

31.Bills - I've never liked any of the Bills helmets even though I've liked them as a team

32.Raiders - Pure and utter disdain for this team.. Surprised I even made an attempt!!

1.Broncos - Even though I had reservations about the Uni change in 97 (I think it was), the helmets I loved. I'm a fan as well so I have a dog in the fight (Should have saved that for my Philly one :tup: )

6.Bears - Just a classic even though I hate Da Bears

1. 1997 is correct.

6. Thus the first part of your name? :wacko:

19.Steelers - Never understood the emblem on one side thingy

The way the story goes is that in the early days when the franchise made no money, they only had money to put the logo on one side. It was kicked around and talked about but thoughts like the steel that our town was known for was only stamped on one side etc. They were just looking for anything to help them save the money with some justification.

Now it is and forever will be the Steeler way.

The way the story goes is that in the early days when the franchise made no money, they only had money to put the logo on one side. It was kicked around and talked about but thoughts like the steel that our town was known for was only stamped on one side etc. They were just looking for anything to help them save the money with some justification.

Now it is and forever will be the Steeler way.

Cool, thanks for the clarity. Might have ranked them higher knowing that.

CLASSICS

1. Green Bay -- total titletown classic - the best and maybe most iconic

2. Indy -- sweet

3. Pittsburgh -- cant argue with colors and tradition

4. Miami -- colors and overall logo are what Florida is all about

5. Oakland -- perfect design for the 'thug image'

6. San Francisco -- again, simple and iconic

7. Dallas -- stay away from the while helmets and blue stars

8. KC -- almost as historical as Green Bay

9. Chicago -- hate the Bears but helmet is strong.

10. Cleveland -- just orange. Nice!

GOOD designs

11. Denver -- liked the old uni's better but the new helmet is great.

12. San Diego -- the bolt is classic. Liked the blue helmet better than white.

13. NO -- simple and good.

14. Philly -- deviation from old design bettered the look.

15. Arizona -- like NO, simple and good.

16. Cincy -- was cutting edge when unveiled... will stick!

17. Atlanta -- keep design and bring back the red helmet

18. Tampa -- nice color changes. Love the return of the creamsicles though.

OK designs

19. Houston -- nice new logo... might need a meaner edge

20. Washington -- like the logo... dont like the colors

21. Jets -- reverse the colors... green helmet with white logo.

22. NE -- helmts is pretty good... uni's stink.

23. Lions -- just not mean enough looking

24, Rams -- go back to yellow and blue

25. Carolina -- good colors... needs a little bite to improve flair.

BAD Designs

26. Minnesota -- purple!

27. Ravens -- logo is good, just needs some POP.

28. Seattle -- not bad... colors need help. Unis are terrible.

29. Jags -- animal looks like it has a dislocated jaw!

30. Buffalo -- whole design campain needs an overhawl (much like the organization)

31. Giants -- the NY has got to go... return to the whole word GIANTS or redesign it.

32. Tennessee -- like the colors... logo design is aweful.

I loved the old Seattle colors. They were different and cool. The green and tealish blue looked great. Largent uni's and helmet.... a great look.

I really like the Steeler's logo and helmet. Very distincive. The Jets have a name that would allow for a mean lookin warplane as their logo.... instead they settle for blah. NE is putrid, always has been. Bengals, pure pukage. Giants suck too. Chargers, agreed, their retro unis are far better than what they wear now, but the bolt is classic.

I've been railing against the Bengals helmets since that redesign. That is one fugly helmet.

Now the Browns, that screams classic. Besides, have you seen the Elf?

I, for one, love the elf. As a Browns fan and an Art Modell hater I support it and wear my elf shirt with pride. The problem is that almost no one knows that story and I end up looking like I just like elfs.