[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

rank the 32 helmets

Azazello1313

I llke the Bengals helmets as well.

The Bengals helmets are sweet - I love the orange and black color combo, and the design is distinctive AND completely dovetails with the franchise name. It would probably be among my favorites. Points to the Rams (and the hated Vikings) on similar grounds.

I probably can't dispute that on a purely aesthetic level, the Bengals helmet probably is a little fugly - but then again, so are Michigan's and those are the best helmets in college football (and hockey).

Edited by Chavez

The Jets have a name that would allow for a mean lookin warplane as their logo.... instead they settle for blah.

I never get the love for those Jets throw-back-ish unis. Their 80s kelly green look was WAY better.

1.Steelers

2.49ers

3.Bears

4.Saints

5.Redskins

6.Giants

7.Chargers

8.Bills

9.Patriots

10.Rams

11.Seahawks

12.Buccaneers

13.Panthers

14.Dolphins

15.Jaguars

16.Titans

17.Eagles

18.Bengals

19.Broncos

20.Packers

21.Chiefs

22.Vikings

23.Lions

24.Raiders

25.Jets

26.Colts

27.Falcons

28.Cardinals

29.Browns

30.Texans

31.Cowboys

32.Ravens

worst Dolphins (jumping thru a hoop?), 49ers (bad colors, bad logo), Colts (not alot of imagination here)

best Raiders (intimidating), I like GB over Chicago for classic lettering, I wish the Oilers were still a team name, would love to re-design the logo (insert BP joke here)

Some of you seriously need to get your eyes checked. Anyway:

Most but not all changes IMO sucked. The Rams yellow was way better than that butt-ugly gold, Lion's new one w/that cheapy bright silver sucks, Seahawks and Bills background color changes were hideous, etc etc. But some were better eg Bengals, Eagles, Falcs.

Pats would be great if the background was white vs silver. Patriots: the old red white n blue.....and silver? :wacko:

The old classics are still the best and not just because they've been around a long time: Colts, Bears, Chiefs etc. Tthe Browns is fugly, that is one I like it based admittedly only on being a classic.

Worst? Ravens (although given the city that's perfect), Panthers, Titans, Bucs, Raiders, Seahawks

I loved the old Seattle colors. They were different and cool. The green and tealish blue looked great. Largent uni's and helmet.... a great look.

Yes, I am with you on this. Something about it was irresistible to me as a youngster. I was a Packer fan... and a Seahawks fan. I had no good reason for being a Hawks fan except that I loved the uni and helmet.

Also, love the Bengals helmet and dislike the Texans helmet.

Carry on...

O.k. I spent countless hours analyzing these helmets. I brought in several art experts and we came to the following conclusion after our tireless efforts were complete:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

2. All of the rest of them sucked

:wacko:

O.k. I spent countless hours analyzing these helmets. I brought in several art experts and we came to the following conclusion after our tireless efforts were complete:

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

:tup:

Chargers worst helmet is better then most

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

Now that was objective. And you needed experts to uncover your homer vote. I'd still put Green Bay ahead... my homer view... plus we are THE CHAMPS!!! Hopefully there will be a season cuz the talk of the town is that GB and Pitt are likely favorites to play again.

Da Best

1. Bears - love the colors, and they're my team, so...

2. Texans - love the colors, think the logo is solid

3. Bucs - really like the pewter and maroon, logo is alright

4. Steelers - classic, love the logo on one side

Cool Enough

5. Packers - pains me to say it as a Bears honk, but it's a classic

6. Jags - I guess I love darker helmets, cool logo I suppose

7. Saints - gotta love the fleur de lis

8. Panthers - maybe I like the "90's style"

9. Ravens - see above

10. Jets - best of the white helmets

Middle of the Road

11. Seahawks - alright colors, logo may need a tweak

12. Eagles - alright colors, pretty classic

13. Denver - rippin' off my Bears :tup:

14. Falcons - logo's alright

15. Niners - classic, but boring

16. Bolts - classic, kinda boring

17. Cards - mean bird?

18. Pats - don't like the team, so don't like the helmets :wacko:

Suck-ish

19. Lions - ok colors, gotta fix that logo

20. Rams - no real thought one way or another

21. Giants - ok colors, boring

22. Chiefs - just so... RED

Suck

23. Colts - really, a horseshoe?

24. Vikings - Barney?

25. Titans - what the heck is that logo about?

26. Bengals - Halloween?

27. Giants - boring

28. Bills - boring

29. Raiders - thuggish

30. Browns - boring

31. Cowboys - you'd think I'd like the "lone star", but meh

32. Redskins - not saying this to be PC or anything, but an Indian?

1. Pittsburgh Steelers

Which side?

worst Dolphins (jumping thru a hoop?), 49ers (bad colors, bad logo), Colts (not alot of imagination here)

best Raiders (intimidating), I like GB over Chicago for classic lettering, I wish the Oilers were still a team name, would love to re-design the logo (insert BP joke here)

while i prefer the the helmets and logos from 64-95, i prefer the claret red to the cherry, but don't like the shadowing..... give me the uni's of the 80's, with darker red

yep... liked them a bit. had one when i was a kid

So did I. I bought some model paint and painted the horns yellow though :wacko:

I used to sit with that helmet and my football cards watching them damned 49'rs crush my cherished Rams every Sunday they would appear on TV. Then the bitch (RIP) moved them to St.Louis and changed there colors :puke:

So did I. I bought some model paint and painted the horns yellow though :wacko:

I used to sit with that helmet and my football cards watching them damned 49'rs crush my cherished Rams every Sunday they would appear on TV. Then the bitch (RIP) moved them to St.Louis and changed there colors :puke:

i remember a long stretch of splits during the season.... often with the road team coming out on top.